NFSPS PC Demo Out !!

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Re: NFSPS PC Demo Out !!

Post by Danyutz »

guys, when you break at high speeds, does the rear braking indicators light up? they only do at low speeds
silverstreak-tc
Ricer
Ricer

Post by silverstreak-tc »

fasttasf wrote:
silverstreak-tc wrote:right now im on xp not vista never did like vista. Yeah for now im using this board for games cuz at the time this was the best board but kinda went low end on the cpu and the graphics card. Im just wondering if its worth gettin another bfg 7600 gt oc .
In that case sli does improve performance. I used to have 2 6600gt in sli mode, definitely better than one card, go for it.
kool if all else fails i can always sell my system and buy a better one haha thanks for the advice tho i appreciate it. 8)
bloke12
Ricer
Ricer

Post by bloke12 »

can any1 help me how to run my game on high graphics?
Last edited by bloke12 on 04 Nov 2007, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
clikky
Ricer
Ricer

Post by clikky »

Ive downloaded it and installed it but while it is loading up it crashes to the windows :evil: ](*,) :shock:
Attachments
crashpic.jpeg
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ clikky: I get a very similar problem as you when I try running the demo on my main PC and other than the fact that my CPU is only 2.4 GHz instead of 2.8 GHz, I have exceeded all minimum requirements. Do you or anyone else have a solution to that (It may also help fix my Test Drive Unlimited)?

And I downloaded the demo to my HP laptop, which has a Dual Core 1.8 GHz/1.8 GHz, 2 GB RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Go (Laptop Edition) and I can only run the game at 640 x 480 resolution with all settings off except high damage and high vehicle details... :?
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

I find it really funny how people are always bitching about how the games lacked performance damage, not just visual. Now that it's in, people are saying "oh lol ya damage is nice but its not needed ^____^".

On top of that, people that are also bitching about how the steering is too dodgy, have you ever played a simulation racer before? Is struggling to steer a car at 200mph really a surprising thing? Christ, some people in here >.>
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

But....i usually play nfs series cuz i like their gameplay, arcade and fun, i do hope though that the tuning aspects in the full version, will allow me to tune my rx7 to steer like a rx7 and not like the cars in the demo, or else this wont be fun for me atleast. Goin fast and not being able to steer isnt a trait of nfs series, they best stick to what they have always done, else alotta fans might drop off on this version, plus the tracks are too narrow for that kinda simulated steering, if simulation is what they are going for, and also the npcs seems to steer perfectly fine at high speeds, meaning we, the players are expected to drive on par with those npcs in order to beat the game anyway.

I've beaten both the races available on king settings and despite wat settings, the race was still not really fun, unless the car is one of my opponents and is aimed at totalling me :mrgreen:

This is the worst nfs demo thus far, nice songs tho lol
VladikRudy0017
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VladikRudy0017 »

Honestly i think this game is w.e. i just got the G25 wheel and im having way more fun with games like rfactor, toca race driver 3, gtr2 and race 07. I have a really good laptop and pro street just doesnt feel stable, it almost feels like it going 30fps or something. I have to put everything on low just for it to be smooth, i hope the full version isnt going to be like that but we'll see.

Im actually going to be playing the full game (beta) on Tuesday for a development shoot for game trailers, there was actually a post here on the main page, so ill see how the game feels, i hope i wont be dissapointed, till then rfactor, here I come.
Killer-Carrot
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Killer-Carrot »

OK so i installed windows XP to try it and it isnt much better, during the speed challenge i drop to 15fps in places
2900xt
4400+
2.5gb ddr2 ram

Dont know what my problem can be :?
yaskerz005
Ricer
Ricer

Post by yaskerz005 »

guys please don't complain on the demo, its just a demo anyway, we'll wait for the game to see its full capability..

the demo is great though..
beep beep
Killer-Carrot
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Killer-Carrot »

EA hardly changes anything in the game code between demo and full, so dont get your hopes up
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

There will prolly be a patch released shortly after the game is on the market, typical EA tactics,....
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

gotta say it didnt run really smooth on my E6300 (@2.6) and 7900gto (@gtx clocks) :|
otherwise, short but pretty cool
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

Dragster wrote:
Driv2Slow wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

Finally finished the download but Im missing some technique thing so I cant play it :evil: :evil: :evil:
Check if your video chipset is supported, I got the same message with me coolest R9000 :mrgreen:
No... f*ck... I spent 3 f*cking hours downloading that damn demo only to find out I cant even play it... ffs
Driv2Slow
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

YaelDjiel wrote:gotta say it didnt run really smooth on my E6300 (@2.6) and 7900gto (@gtx clocks) :|
otherwise, short but pretty cool
Neither does it run properly on my 7900GTO, 2.8GHz AMD64 and 2GB of RAM.. Instead of 1280x1024, I'm running it on 800x600, full settings, which is actually smooth. Any higher resolution = fail.

Maybe It's Vista, I don't know.

Anyways, gameplay impression: The handling in speed challenge is very vague, imprecise and seems somewhat distant. Steering reaction is rather slow on my gamepad. It's either too much steering or too little. Damage detail is rather poor, I rolled my M3 many many times and all I see is flying bumpers that for some reason turn blue. Most car parts remain intact for some lazy ass reason.

Grip racing was more fun, but the driving aids were rather awkward. The car seems to slam the brakes when you're applying too much throttle in a corner. The handling is once again a little jerky.

Vista + (crappy usual EA style demo) NFSPS + relatively old gfxcard = no go.
Last edited by PSZeTa on 04 Nov 2007, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.
Gene7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gene7 »

everything works fine lol, but the video. I cant see or tell anything. i meet all the system reqs except that i have 2.6 processor and not 2.8. i think its just like a corrupt file or something, but i dont know. still have hope though :)
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

PSZeTa wrote:Any higher resolution = fail.

Maybe It's Vista, I don't know.
its not vista, im running xp
i can get it smooth at 1024x768 no AA rest max (think it was about 40+)
but AA on or higher reso = fail indeed
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

Gene7 wrote: everything works fine lol, but the video. I cant see or tell anything. i meet all the system reqs except that i have 2.6 processor and not 2.8. i think its just like a corrupt file or something, but i dont know. still have hope though :)
the file is ok if it installed in your system . . . processor has nothing to do with that problem either . . . . . . try the latest driver for your graphics card . . usually solves that problem :P
r3actor
Stock
Stock

Post by r3actor »

After 23h of downloading its told me CRC error! "Group18.cab" file missing!!
Can anyone please send me this file ?! common help me please, I dont wanna waste my 23h again! [-o< :cry:
vegettoxp
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vegettoxp »

Hey Guys I just finished installing the game and for some reason my frame rate is really slow.

My Computer Info:

Intel P4 3.0Ghz W/HT
1.5GB Of Ram
nVidia G-Force 6200-LE W/128MB of Ram.

I know it a PC Demo, but why is my Frame Rate so Slooooow. If somone, Please tell me what i should do.

THX!

P.S. Fusion
UNQE
Stock
Stock

Post by UNQE »

vegettoxp wrote: I know it a PC Demo, but why is my Frame Rate so Slooooow. If somone, Please tell me what i should do.
Try setting your car detail option to "low".
Last edited by UNQE on 04 Nov 2007, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
GroundZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GroundZero »

r3actor wrote:After 23h of downloading its told me CRC error! "Group18.cab" file missing!!
Can anyone please send me this file ?! common help me please, I dont wanna waste my 23h again! [-o< :cry:
Seriously? Did you actually wait 23h? Damn... If im to download something, and the first and second mirrors is slow (like 2-3 hours), I always keep looking until I find a fast one for me. I was supposed to download it from EA's mirrors, but it would have taken "only" 8 hours at 10 kb/ps, so I waited one day, and downloaded from the second nfsunlimited mirror, and it took 30 min at 450 kb/ps
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

It took me 2-3 hours, started around 10 ended around 1am. It looks good, its more sim like than arcarde which im going for now. Its amazing i can get 27-30 fps with my 6600GT overclocked at 1280x1024 w/ smoke/danage on, world detail low, car detail med. I really need a 8600GT for more power. It seems to chug a lot and when gear shifting, i get confused, i go up to 6th gear in a few sec and only at 120mph then have to go back down to 4-5 to speed up, idk something with the engine sound revving to its limit. It work with my old ms sidewinder racing wheel, like always my brake never works with ea games, but my cluch and joysick (using as h-shifter) work well i guess. Gonna wait until it comes out and play :D .
r3actor
Stock
Stock

Post by r3actor »

Anyone downloaded the demo from "Internode" server? The file is ok or corrupted ? I got a problem with that!
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

r3actor wrote:Anyone downloaded the demo from "Internode" server? The file is ok or corrupted ? I got a problem with that!
I was downloading from internode too . . the server stopped responding half way . . so I switched to EA mirror . . resuming from there . . if you are using DAP or IDM it's really easy to switch servers . . . you can do it from the 'properties' of the download :P
GroundZero wrote:
r3actor wrote:After 23h of downloading its told me CRC error! "Group18.cab" file missing!!
Seriously? Did you actually wait 23h? Damn... If im to download something, and the first and second mirrors is slow (like 2-3 hours), I always keep looking until I find a fast one for me. I was supposed to download it from EA's mirrors, but it would have taken "only" 8 hours at 10 kb/ps, so I waited one day, and downloaded from the second nfsunlimited mirror, and it took 30 min at 450 kb/ps
I am downloading at 10 KB/s . . and it's taking around 30 hours . . cause the speed is not constant . . and if you do the math right it takes 22.2 hours with 10KB/PS constant . . . . . it's a real pain . . . . 64% completed; 9 more hours to go . . . . lets see if I can play the demo b4 the full version's out XD.

Return to “News”