NFSPS PC Demo Out !!

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFSPS PC Demo Out !!

Post by Rizur »

I just started downloading demo. Could those people who's comp doesnt run that demo post their rig so I wont download it really long time and for nothing if it doesnt work. Or if someone elso knows these things could tell me doesn my comp run it.
My rig
-Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3400+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
-Memory: 1022MB RAM
-Hard Drive: 122 GB
-Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6500
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

you should be able to run the demo smoothly . . with playable details . . make sure to use the latest display driver
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

Just started downloading this today, off the ausgamers site, they are on a roll, i got a steady 500kb/s download speed all the way (Same with the crysis demo i downloaded today, 2gb in like almost 2 hours), enjoyed the demo just want the full game now
shengfeng
Ricer
Ricer

Post by shengfeng »

Here's my breakdown on the demo.

Speed Challenge : How is this suppose to be a new game mode? It's basically Speed Trap, and is the 2008 BMW M3 suppose to have such a brick-like handling?

Grip : Plain circuit racing, but it reminds me of Gran Turismo, and Forza, I kinda like it actually. :lol:

Their assist, it feels like the CPU is trying to get control of your car every now and then, I'd rather have them set to 'King'

I can't comment on the graphics, I'm using a low-end PC.
Last edited by shengfeng on 06 Nov 2007, 06:33, edited 1 time in total.
Bulldozer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bulldozer »

I m downalding it too
50 to 90 kb/s
not bad

hope that x1950 pro will do the job
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

Yeah demo did work! I had 800x600 car damage on and smoke off. That was best settings for me to get best possible graphics without making huge fps drops or laggy
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

I'm happy that at least NFSPS can run on my laptop, here's the spec:

Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor T5600
1.83GHz
1024 MB RAM
80GB HDD
NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7200 With 128 MB of TurboCache video Memory
14.1" WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen Display
3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound 16 bit integrated
Altec Lansing® speakers
Windows Vista Home Premium

Here's some screens:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f97/a ... /nfsps.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f97/a ... nfsps2.jpg

I love the smoke. And yes, I can barely race with that screen settings. :lol:
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

Finally got to make a vid of the demo
enjoy 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RrKMEDc4LA
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I can run NFS:PS with everything on high :P

AMD Athlon64 X2 4600+ 2.41 Ghz (rated at 6.09 Ghz)
1GB DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon X1600 512MB
Windows XP

Just tried the demo, and the only thing I can say is wow.

Graphics
The graphics were amazing, albeit the PC version did lack HDR and the AA could be better. Really loved the fact that EA decided to implement a camera shake to give a sense of speed rather than motion blur (which was more processor intensive). The smoke effects were really awesome, but they do appear a bit overdone to me. I still think the car shadows are off (too light), and occasional shadow glitches showed up when the car was moving up a slope. But those minor glitches are barely noticeable when you're going at 150 mph trying to keep your lead! The environments were also stunning. For the first time, trees in NFS actually look real!

Gameplay
OMG, amazing. I started playing on Racer, and then played on King. The difference was easily noticeable. EA has really structured this game so that it's not too hard even for the beginning novice. Now, if only they keep their word and we can turn off features such as ABS and Traction Control in the final game, I'll be happy.
The handling is easily the best of the recent NFS games. I don't know how realistic it is, but it definitely provides a challenge, and a fun experience when you've mastered the challenge.
I also liked the new implementation of nitrous. No more refills, and you use up one shot at a time. No more using parts of shots or anything like that.
I also love the new direction EA has taken with the "storyline." No more locked parts or cars, everything is available for the start. It's only a lack of money that prevents you from getting them. Much better, IMO. I love the Race Day concept where your car is basically "shown off." And the announcer is an awesome addition, and does a very good job. Not to mention the music is very good this time around, and really immerses you into the race.

Damage
Finally! Something we've been asking for since Underground 1! The implementation of damage is pretty awesome, and it's fun to watch your car's body twist and bend as it takes on damage. Hopefully EA will implement a decent repair mechanism.

Overall, I love Pro Street, and I've only played the demo! I honestly think this NFS will win back a lot of the fans that were lost due to the disaster that was Carbon.
sthibo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sthibo »

clikky wrote:Ive downloaded it and installed it but while it is loading up it crashes to the windows :evil: ](*,) :shock:
ME TOO :?: WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Do you meet the system requirements for the game? Go here and find out. link
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

WTF???

It says I have the recommended system requirements... then why the heck am I running it at 800x600 with everything on LOW?

PS:That things obviously messed up.
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

Carcrazy wrote:WTF???

It says I have the recommended system requirements... then why the heck am I running it at 800x600 with everything on LOW?

PS:That things obviously messed up.
I'm with you, look at my signature, and what I get on Vista is a pile of shiznit. 1024x768 with game fx on medium (others high), and the graphics lags beyond comprehension, bare in mind that my rig handles the Crysis demo smooth like dream, there's clearly a lot wrong with what they have done to prostreet when they ported it from xbox to pc.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Dag... can you say DUAL BOOT coming soon?
Killer-Carrot
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Killer-Carrot »

I went dual boot with my 2900xt and it didnt help, christ sake.
maybe some new drivers fixes it.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I don't know what's wrong with you guys's systems, but I can run the demo on max settings with no lag whatsoever. And my specs aren't all that great either.
spykid33
Ricer
Ricer

Post by spykid33 »

I am getting around 12fps on medium-low at 1024x768 2xaa
I have
Athlon XP 2400+ (2ghz performance rated at 2.4)
Radeon X1300 PRO 256mb AGP
2GB of RAM
XP Home

What are your specs prince
Nocturne
Stock
Stock

Post by Nocturne »

Does anyone around here have a low end graphics card like an Ati Radeon 9800XT and can run the demo at a playable framerate?
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I see a lot of ppl can't (couldn't, it was on the first page), I downloaded it with ktorrent.

But it sucks! Where are the photorealistic graphics? I have to run the game at all lowest video settings and it still lags so much, that it's not playable. While I could play NFS MW at almost highest video settings (only resolution was 1024x768) and it ran smoothly. WTF? EA needs to learn something from Epic games. UT3 works on very old computers (on mine it runs smoothly and with much better graphics than NFS PS (yeah, it's both just demos). Epic games also support Linux and Mac OS X.

Ok, you need a good card for photorealistic graphics in NFS PS, but I bet if they could make it right, it would run photorealistically on worse cards than needed. I need to buy a PS3.
Attachments
How bad the graphics are and still runs bad
How bad the graphics are and still runs bad
spykid33
Ricer
Ricer

Post by spykid33 »

I hope that they rushed out the demo without optimizing it. I would be happy with medium at 20fps.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

@ Nocturne: yes i am, using Nvidia Geforce Go 7200. It runs well on 1024x768 with low settings.

@ peterfaj: how brilliant of u to show that screen and say bad graphics, blame your system. :| ur even running on what? 640 x XXX? or 600 x 800? what you'd expect on low resolution? :?:
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

ahmad0410 wrote:@ Nocturne: yes i am, using Nvidia Geforce Go 7200. It runs well on 1024x768 with low settings.

@ peterfaj: how brilliant of u to show that screen and say bad graphics, blame your system. :| ur even running on what? 640 x XXX? or 600 x 800? what you'd expect on low resolution? :?:
What I meant to show with that screenshot is how bad the graphics are while the game runs at max 10 fps. I don't understand how can it be so bad while MW ran nicely with better gfx.
Bulldozer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bulldozer »

intel core2duo 2x2.33
ati radeon x1950 pro
2GB of RAM
resolution 1280x1024 60

and evrything on high

but I m dissipointed only 2 cars and 2 tracks
battleram
Ricer
Ricer

Post by battleram »

The funny thing is that while I ran the game on the lowest settings it lagged like hell, but when i turned on higher resolution and added some more "high" settings it ran relatively smooth.
BTW my NFS carbon settings r nearly maxed and it doesn't lag at all, but this game still lags now and then....

The demo it self isn't very bad although i couldn't turn off ABS or ESP(TC) so the game frequently interfered in the corners by cutting away the power...I had the "King" setting on.
But the cars handle really bad (i couldn't even get any good force feedback from my Logitech MOMO wheel), specially the M3, it had the handling of a box of nails, if the car would handle so bad in real life then even my E34 535i would beat it on a track.
Oh, and i couldn't get the cars sideways like in GTR2 :cry: I was hoping on that when EA said that they made the handling more realistic
Last edited by battleram on 04 Nov 2007, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

ahmad0410 wrote:@ Nocturne: yes i am, using Nvidia Geforce Go 7200. It runs well on 1024x768 with low settings.

That's basically the same kind of thing I'm getting with my 2 month old laptop. I'm running on 640 x 480 resolution with all settings turned off or on low (except high damage and high car detail and low shadows) with my combined DualCore Turion 3.6 GHz, 2 GB RAM and an NVIDIA Go 6150 and I can only run the game moderately smooth. I think that's a little low considering I can run Test Drive Unlimited on the same PC on 1440 x 900 with major lag on medium settings.

Return to “News”