NFS ProStreet: Car Codes

Discuss editing Need for Speed ProStreet.
888Veyron
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS ProStreet: Car Codes

Post by 888Veyron »

Albtraum wrote:@emsterfan: ja, hier is ne anleitung in deutsch: http://forum.gameswelt.de/showthread.php?t=20902
_________
@D34THC0R3
new savegame by scratch? hell, no :twisted:
just joking :wink:
i modified cpartys savegame, where all the pretuned cars are available at the car lot (see attachment)
just added the 16 cars into the garage and modified the carcodes for car lot
(but they wont show up, just like the ce cars)

4 of them aren't yet finished: Challenger Concept, Lancia Delta, Gallardo and Audi R8 are still missing body parts (like before).
but performance and all (wheelbase) should be correct now.
So is this for V1.1 or V1.0? Im not good in editing? What could be a better savegame hmm?
Last edited by 888Veyron on 26 Dec 2007, 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

It's for 1.1
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

prince1142003 wrote:EDIT
I feel it's high time for a NFS ProStreet hex-editing guide. Anyone want to help me?
AMEN!

Hehe! Yea, I think it's time too. The first day I came to this thread, day by day I lost interest in it 'cuzza all the editing involved, and I can't keep up with it. Hmmm, maybe you can ask cparty? :D
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I agree with you, there's a whole lot of information spread throughout the thread. What I mostly need help with is just kinda compiling all the information in the thread. There's a whole lot of it, starting from car slot entries to tuning slot entries and blueprints themselves. I mean, I can try it myself, but that could take a while considering I still have a life outside of this website.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Hmmm, I can try. Check my PM mate. :)
bmgjet
Ricer
Ricer

Post by bmgjet »

Hello, Could some one please make me a save with 4 s2000's set up for each type of race.
Iv spent the last 5 hours trying every method I could find and it hasnt worked.

When adding it to the carlot then buying it, I cant change any settings on the car with out the game crashing.

And when adding it though hex editing the save If I change the settings on one of the cars they all change to that setting.

Thanks.
Anach
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Anach »

bmgjet wrote:Hello, Could some one please make me a save with 4 s2000's set up for each type of race.
Iv spent the last 5 hours trying every method I could find and it hasnt worked.

When adding it to the carlot then buying it, I cant change any settings on the car with out the game crashing.

And when adding it though hex editing the save If I change the settings on one of the cars they all change to that setting.

Thanks.
Do you have the 1.1 patch?

The extra cars are only playable in 1.0 with a mod, but you still cant edit them without crashing.
bmgjet
Ricer
Ricer

Post by bmgjet »

yes I have 1.1, Iv got another save with one of each car but i want 4 of the same sort.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Just hang tight. I'm working on a guide, and I should be done with it around next week or so.
ntoo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ntoo »

first,thanks for your work.
Is there way to add stage 4 upgrade to cars with hex edit?

Can I do it with my save game and fix the check sum or do I need to
do it in memory?

thx
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Yes, and that will be covered in the hex-editing guide. The guide should apply to memory editing as well, but byte locations will be different.
ntoo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ntoo »

I read all the pages but I still don't understand how can
I locate the tuning slot of one of my garage's car.
Can someone explain me briefly how to find it?

thx
ForgottenWoods
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ForgottenWoods »

I'm having some problems with certain vinyls...when I try to change color to the Shelby gt500 original one (the two stripes which cover all the car) the game menu says it's impossible modifying it...so I can keep only default painting...the same thing happens with car producer logos (only available in black or white)...How can I get them painted with colors I prefer?Is it possible?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

All will be explained in the FAQ's, which will be soon to come. In the meantime, please refer back to the previous pages for the related questions. All answers have been splattered everywhere in this thread.

Patience.. :)
Tur8o
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tur8o »

can someone let me no when the patch or booster pack comes out playable with the buggatti unlocked and this guide sounds helpful :D please and will it cost or be free?????????????????????????
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

ForgottenWoods wrote:I'm having some problems with certain vinyls...when I try to change color to the Shelby gt500 original one (the two stripes which cover all the car) the game menu says it's impossible modifying it...so I can keep only default painting...the same thing happens with car producer logos (only available in black or white)...How can I get them painted with colors I prefer?Is it possible?
The stock vinyls and manufacturer decals are currently unpaintable. I'll see if I can find a way to paint them, but I've never tried to; never needed.
Tur8o wrote:can someone let me no when the patch or booster pack comes out playable with the buggatti unlocked and this guide sounds helpful :D please and will it cost or be free?????????????????????????
Refer to this page for the patch. VIV means the EA Downloader version. Make sure you get the correct patch for your regional version.

Refer to this page for a savegame with all the cars unlocked.
888Veyron
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 888Veyron »

prince1142003 wrote:
ForgottenWoods wrote:I'm having some problems with certain vinyls...when I try to change color to the Shelby gt500 original one (the two stripes which cover all the car) the game menu says it's impossible modifying it...so I can keep only default painting...the same thing happens with car producer logos (only available in black or white)...How can I get them painted with colors I prefer?Is it possible?
The stock vinyls and manufacturer decals are currently unpaintable. I'll see if I can find a way to paint them, but I've never tried to; never needed.
Tur8o wrote:can someone let me no when the patch or booster pack comes out playable with the buggatti unlocked and this guide sounds helpful :D please and will it cost or be free?????????????????????????
Refer to this page for the patch. VIV means the EA Downloader version. Make sure you get the correct patch for your regional version.

Refer to this page for a savegame with all the cars unlocked.
can't find english EDIT is this official? and where do you save it? Cause im' new to NFS in PC
Last edited by 888Veyron on 31 Dec 2007, 11:04, edited 4 times in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

dlcpatchrelease is for the US/Mexico versions.
DLCPatchEuropeRelease is for the European English versions
DLCPATCHEuropeFrGerItalRelease is for the European French, German, and Italian versions.
ntoo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ntoo »

How is a car defined in the garage?
I explain, I'm at 0% career and I want to replace the Acura RSX in my garage
with a Skyline GTR R34
I replaced the the car code and the blue print code
but the best I get is the name of the skyline, the body, but I keep the performance of
the Acura and the color.
What do I need to replace for the complete car?

thx
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Hmm, I've never tried to replace an already existing car, so I assume this would create problems. I suggest you add a car code from the pre-patch version of the game into the car lot. Then buy that car, and do the car code and blueprint code replacements. The pre-patch codes should be on the first page of the topic. In the patched version of the game, these car codes aren't attached to any "data", so only blanks show up. For me, replacing in this manner has worked always.

You could also try resetting the blueprint and see if that fixes things.
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

Yes, it's possible. No more black vinyls on black cars :wink:
Vinyls start at byte 572(23Ch) of a blueprint, 26bytes each entry.
the entries look like this:

Code: Select all

code                HHhhSSVV
BB010000000000000000FFFF0000FFFF0000FFFF0000FFFF0000 GT500 '67 Stock Vinyl
73016A00F9FFBF1B1C004D06FFFFFFFF0000FFFF0000FFFF0000 Paintable Vinyl (Team1)
BB0100000000000000004D06FFFFFFFF0000FFFF0000FFFF0000 Yellow Stock Vinyl
HH-Hue (0-59) hh=06
SS-Saturation (0-FF:00 14 28 3B 4F 63 7& 8A 9D B1 C5 D8 EC FF)
VV-Value (0-FF, steps of 20h)

easiest way to get these values is by adding a paintable vinyl with your color ingame.
i guess entering the exact value of a specific color without rounding will work too..
(ever noticed these small changes in color when adding some precolored vinyls?)

stock vinyl codes i've found so far:

4303		Bugatti Veyron
7E02,6902 Camaro SS
E903		Chevelle SS	
5401		Corvette '67
D001		Challenger R/T
6700		Challenger Concept
7400		Charger R/T
8101		Viper SRT10
8502		Focus ST
B302,8E02 Ford GT
6900		Ford Mustang GT
5A03		Gallardo S
7F01		Lotus Elise
4904,8702 Hemi Cuda
AD14,F803 GT3 RS
BB01		GT500 '67
BA01		GT500
E902		Corolla GTS
you could also search for these codes, followed by some zeroes, to directly jump to each vinyl.
bmgjet
Ricer
Ricer

Post by bmgjet »

This is how I added the s2000, Follow this.
Modified version of cparty how to
The easiest way is to replace an existing car in the carlot by a new code - buy the replaced car - then revert back to the original code. (You can of course simply add the correct line in a free slot.)
In this example we will replace the Nissan 240sx with the s2000.

0. What you need:
tSearch
XVI32
save crc fix

Iv attached a rar file with all these in it.
tools.rar
Tools I used
(791.55 KiB) Downloaded 630 times

1. Initial setup
BACKUP your career!
  • Start NFS Pro Street, load your career, then switch back to Windows (ALT-TAB).
    (Has to be a new career just started and intro race finished. Also it will make it easier if you added some extra money. So take note how much you have to after you finish the intro race by having a look in the car lot. Write this number down. Save the game, Close the game use save crc fix to open the save and follow the instructions in it. Re open NFSPS load your save then go into the Career.)
  • Open tsearch, then open the process 'Need for Speed Pro Street'.
2. Find the region to edit
The address will change each time you load NFS ProStreet, so we need to search for a known value.
  • Search for this 4 byte: 305419896 (this is 0x12345678 - the start of the carslot region).
    You should end up with 2 maybe 3 results.
  • open the first result in memory view by selecting the value then press the button above between the spy glass and the + (the button with the file with the 010101 on it)
  • Click the first spy glass that is in the new window that opened up.
  • search for 72000000FC2B6FA8FC2B6FA8

3. Replace the code
    • Replace the 2 codes FC2B6FA8 FC2B6FA8 (logo and carcode) for the Nissan 240sx with the codes for the s2000, which is 030A0AF7 030A0AF7. (or what ever car you want to add.)

Click the spy glass with the under line this will search for the value again and change any other values the same.

4. Buy the car and clean up
      • Switch back to the game, go to the carlot, buy the car.
      • Switch back to Windows and restore the original Nissan 240sx code.
      5. Save game
      • Note how much money you have when you save you game.
      • I also suggest you save the game in more then 1 slot incase you stuff up the first try.
      6. Open save game in hex edit
      • I used XVI32 as my hex editor
      (I dont know the numbers of the other cars but this is how I did it with the s2000

7. Find value
      • I used the s2000 which has the value of "030A0AF7".
      • When I searched for this the first result that came up had another value after it, this value "15 90 B3 69"

8. Search for cars value again
      • After you get past the first search and get the other value you will need to replace how ever many cars you added to your garage.
      • you should find in your second search or more your cars value that is there twice "03 0A 0A F7 03 0A 0A F7" replace this with the other value you found in your first search "03 0A 0A F7 15 90 B3 69"

9. Save
      • After you replace how ever many cars you had added.
      • Save your save that you have hex edited.
      10. Fix crc sum check
      • You will need to fix the crc sum so the save still loads in pro street.
      • Open the game in save crc fix.exe and it will ask you to select your same game. Pick the save that you just hex edited. It will now ask you for the amount of money you have, type this amount in, you should have written it down some where. It will ask you for a new amount I always just put in "99999999" because its easy to remember.
        It should now say that its changed the money fix checksum and done.
Now it is time to open NFS PS and see if everything worked, If it did you should have your cars in your garage and fully functional. One thing I noticed is there is no pic of the car in the garage but it works perfectly in games.

Sorry for my poor English but this should help people enough intill it is fully explained how to add cars and im sure some one knows a much easyer methood that will be explained later on.
ForgottenWoods
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ForgottenWoods »

Albtraum wrote:
Yes, it's possible. No more black vinyls on black cars :wink:
Vinyls start at byte 572(23Ch) of a blueprint, 26bytes each entry.
the entries look like this:

code                HHhhSSVV
BB010000000000000000FFFF0000FFFF0000FFFF0000FFFF0000 GT500 '67 Stock Vinyl
73016A00F9FFBF1B1C004D06FFFFFFFF0000FFFF0000FFFF0000 Paintable Vinyl (Team1)
BB0100000000000000004D06FFFFFFFF0000FFFF0000FFFF0000 Yellow Stock Vinyl
HH-Hue (0-59) hh=06
SS-Saturation (0-FF:00 14 28 3B 4F 63 7& 8A 9D B1 C5 D8 EC FF)
VV-Value (0-FF, steps of 20h)

easiest way to get these values is by adding a paintable vinyl with your color ingame.
i guess entering the exact value of a specific color without rounding will work too..
(ever noticed these small changes in color when adding some precolored vinyls?)

stock vinyl codes i've found so far:

4303		Bugatti Veyron
7E02,6902 Camaro SS
E903		Chevelle SS	
5401		Corvette '67
D001		Challenger R/T
6700		Challenger Concept
7400		Charger R/T
8101		Viper SRT10
8502		Focus ST
B302,8E02 Ford GT
6900		Ford Mustang GT
5A03		Gallardo S
7F01		Lotus Elise
4904,8702 Hemi Cuda
AD14,F803 GT3 RS
BB01		GT500 '67
BA01		GT500
E902		Corolla GTS
you could also search for these codes, followed by some zeroes, to directly jump to each vinyl.

And so there is a way to paint stock vinyls =D> ...please excuse me if I did not understand very well what you tried to explain because I am not an hex expert...but I am very interested in that point!You know I wouldn't cause problems to my game...
do you think it would be difficult for you to create a savegame with all stock and car producer vinyls unlocked(compatible with at-moment career stats)?
Or I need a more detailed tutorial starting from ABC...may this be an idea? I mean to build a big one resuming all was told in this thread...which people unfamiliar with hexing can refer to and learn how to do that step by step.
I have another little question...not yet installed the hexed savegame released a few pages before...can I unlock just one or two new cars anyway?For example I want to get the Delta(absolutely! :mrgreen: ) and the Challenger concept...I know you can tell me to solve problem by installing savegame, but I believe I won't until cars are not buyable from car market...(too easy to get all them in my garage without earning) [-X
Thanx a lot
and yeah keep the Delta alive!
SAAM007
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SAAM007 »

I did some strange things and it cause weird results: (and got me DB9 with stage 4 parts)

1. Installed the game (v1.0).
2. Backup the nfs.exe (v1.0).
2. Installed Patch (v1.1).
3. Backup the nfs.exe (v1.1).
4. Copy the nfs.exe (v1.0) back to NFS folder.
5. Run the game and created new Alias.
6. After finish the first truck I go to the Car lot - and it say 71 cars....
7. Entered "unlockallthings" go to the car lot again - and now it says: 76 cars...
8. (Make sure you have cash) but DB9 and all stage 4 parts.

*** but there is a problem: the game crush when you try to see car #15/76 and #73/76 - couldn't get to the cars between 15-73 but you can buy DB9 and DB9R. ***

*** When copy nfs.exe (v1.1) back to NFS folder change the car lot back to 57 cars and the codes doesn't work.

You can't create alias in v1.1 and then change the nfs.exe to v1.0 because then it won't load the alias.

So I was thinking that if you want to find a way to make all cars available is to change something in the exe or find a file that the v1.1 exe loads while the v1.0 don't that cause the cars to disappear - I was thinking on the file "FRONTEND\FRONTDLC.BUN". Or it could be just tha alias file... I am not sure how this stuff works.

It is just a thought and if that information helps someone it is great :)
cparty
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by cparty »

prince1142003 wrote:I feel it's high time for a NFS ProStreet hex-editing guide. Anyone want to help me?
Sure, we could assemble another Wiki page, what do you think?

Return to “Editing”