Race Driver: Grid

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
amritchail
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Race Driver: Grid

Post by amritchail »

Tyrant wrote:Woot, I just got the game for a fairly cheap price.. Just started, cool racing game!
Same here.Got it for the 360.Drifting is so hard.So is the game.Im too lazy to play it.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Hmm... plays really well online despite a bad connection, lol.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Dale Vance actually PIT'd me and took me out once while I was doing the ol' out-in-out technique on a right-hander...

and for me the stats on the Murcie were, I think 4.5-4.5-4-4?or maybe 4-4-3.5-3.5... but anyways its the best of the GT1 cars. And thee Saleen seems a helluva lot more flimsy anyways.
Lol, just got the game a week ago!!!

Anyways, although it's not accepted in LM24h, the Koenigsegg CCGT is my pick for GT1. For LM24h, these are my cars-
GT2-Spyker (not my choice, just got it because it was in another race)
GT1-Saleen, Murcielago, DB9 (I prefer the DB9)
LMP2-None yet, getting one
LMP1-Audi R10 (spent ALL my money on it, and then blitzed the whole field)

Racing on 'normal' is far too easy, I like serious. So far I've got all 3 Japanese licences, 2 American and 1 Euro Licences. The open wheel cars are REALLY hard too drive...
oh snap
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

I just got this game recently as well. So far I have to say it's great! This is exactly what Pro-Street should have been like.
I'm up to the last race with Ravenwest (at Sarthe) and it's hard . . . might finish it later.
It's not perfect though. The main gripe I have is the handling with faster cars. I have to use the handbrake heaps or it just won't turn in. Maybe this can be adjusted somewhere?

And the Lacetti is the best car ever. You just throw it into corners as fast as you want and it will somehow slide its way through there, passing about 8 cars in the process. I love it :lol:
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

lol yeah thats weird, that Daewoo is a helluva lot of fun to drive... but my fave is the Pagani Zonda R...won by a minute with that on one of the Prototype races.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Ummm, i've had no problem with fast cars, all I do it make sure I brake a lot earlier than in other games, although I still brake later than the competitors. I mean in all seriousness, if a Audi R10 can go from 300km/h to 100 in about 3 seconds, what's the problem??? Unless you have a really fast but unresponsive car...

And as for the Lacetti, I owned it with a BMW...

Anyhow, funnest car to drive is still the CCGT, mainly because it's so hard, but if you get it right it can outrun ANYTHING!!!
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Striker94 wrote:Ummm, i've had no problem with fast cars, all I do it make sure I brake a lot earlier than in other games, although I still brake later than the competitors. I mean in all seriousness, if a Audi R10 can go from 300km/h to 100 in about 3 seconds, what's the problem??? Unless you have a really fast but unresponsive car...

Anyhow, funnest car to drive is still the CCGT, mainly because it's so hard, but if you get it right it can outrun ANYTHING!!!
You probably have stability control on... that makes the handling easy.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

baumaxx1 wrote:
Striker94 wrote:Ummm, i've had no problem with fast cars, all I do it make sure I brake a lot earlier than in other games, although I still brake later than the competitors. I mean in all seriousness, if a Audi R10 can go from 300km/h to 100 in about 3 seconds, what's the problem??? Unless you have a really fast but unresponsive car...

Ah, yep, that's the thing...
I'm a dud driver (even in games), so I usually keep the stability control on, but not the other ones. Can someone please tell me-which one's the better drift car-Subaru or RX-7 or Soarer???

I've got the RX-7, but it's hard to use.
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

It may not have as much power but AE86 pwns all of those. It's extremely easy to control.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Striker94 wrote:
baumaxx1 wrote:

Ah, yep, that's the thing...
I'm a dud driver (even in games), so I usually keep the stability control on, but not the other ones. Can someone please tell me-which one's the better drift car-Subaru or RX-7 or Soarer???

I've got the RX-7, but it's hard to use.
The S15... Only car I've managed to get drift legend in... it's so controllable, just clutch kick (tap handbrake) all the time.
About stability control... that's teh first thing I cut because it doesn't behave like a car with it, but you might need to put it on for le mans... but yeah, practice and you can start switching other stuff off.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

The stability control annoys me beacause it slows you down too much.

I've found that with Le Mans you can counter the lack of turning-in by cutting some of the corners. The Audi is especially good at this :lol: Then you will have a nice lead going into the final part of the circuit which is where you have to slow down the most.

And I also use the S15 for drifting, but I I haven't tried the others much.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

The AE86 is great if you don't really know what you're doing, but I really love my S15. I don't even use the handbrake, just a quick tap of your normal breaks and a hard turn. :P
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

A AE86 is great for if you don't know what you're doing? Haha, I find that wrong but hey.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Okay, yeah... that kinda' came out wrong. =/

It's a great car for beginners and people who just want to have fun I guess. In other words, it's easy to use...
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Then I guess I must suck then, though I did use the S15 also, so I don't think I do rofl
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Lol....

Any, finally got a global racing licence, and beat ravenwest in the top American Race class. I've beaten all the global races except the open wheel, which is extremely frustrating. Any help?

I've basically gotten used to drift, with 800,000 being my average score.

Funnily enough, I've only finished one race in Europe, because either a) they're too long and I can't be bothered or b) The cars are extremely annoying.

Is every single "head to head" against Ravenwest? Oh, and I'm the highest ranked driver. :D
oh snap
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

I just recently purchased the game. The physics are so hard to get use to. I keep spinning out and eventually crash. Tips on how to get use to the physics as it's giving me a hard time.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Ok I take back what I said about drifting, the Soarer eats the AE86 for breakfast... my average is now about 1,000,000 for normal track drift and about 500,000 for downhill.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

krazyammo wrote:I just recently purchased the game. The physics are so hard to get use to. I keep spinning out and eventually crash. Tips on how to get use to the physics as it's giving me a hard time.
Just drive the Lacetti until you get used to it. I don't think it's possible to spin in that car.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

The Mustang you start off with is also a great learners' car until you get into the swing of things. In terms of drift, either of the Toyotas (AE86, Soarer) do the job very nicely. My personal fave is the Soarer, but the AE86 is more user-friendly.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:The Mustang you start off with is also a great learners' car until you get into the swing of things. In terms of drift, either of the Toyotas (AE86, Soarer) do the job very nicely. My personal fave is the Soarer, but the AE86 is more user-friendly.
S15
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

I can't get the Lacetti yet. I still have to finish one of those sponsors race. And everytime in any race, I still spin out.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Well what are your choices of cars and races first off?
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

AARGH!!!! I can't beat the Global head 2 head! The Koenigsegg just goes crazy and spins out each and every time you show it a corner. And the extreme AI somehow races perfectly!? WTF? How do you beat it???
oh snap
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Under braking in the first one or two corners is always the best time to pass, even if you have to ram the other guy.
Then just block him to stay in front.

Return to “The Games”