Cars for each event

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
ruffkid101
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Cars for each event

Post by ruffkid101 »

Grip: Subaru / Evo X
Drag: Shelby GT500 (need to try zonda and supra / dodge challenger RT bst for wheelie)
Speed: Audi S4 (best car to start with) / Porche 911 turbo
Drift: Toyota AE86 (try making the gear ration smaller for more power) / Rx7 (best wait and defeat DK first)
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

danyutz wrote:does the new GT-R understeers as bad as the Skyline?
The gt-R is a little better steering than the skyline, but it still understeers.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

they so much blow up the physics for the Nissan
BAS231187
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BAS231187 »

GRIP
Nissan 350Z - for the tight technical tracks
Nissan skyline (R34) - upgraded and tuned for power and oversteer. bloody fast but can be a bit much to handle
Impreza - for friends to use as its easy. but the above 2 will smoke it on the right tracks.

Drag
Toyota supra - beautiful car and bloody fast. got some level 4 upgrades making it better then my zonda atm
Zonda - for friends to use as its fast even with mistakes

Speed
Evo X - stupidly fast acceleration mean i dont worry about slowing down for a corner as i can soon get back to top speed.
LP640 - again friends think they are driving a fast car if i give them this one. iv also tuned it to be pretty forgiving albeit a bit slower

Drift
Rx7 - really struggeling to find a drift car i get along with so i make do with this. Damn not being able to test cars befor spending hours upgradeing them :evil:

iv also got the kings cars but iv not used any of em yet.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

Speed: Zonda
Drag: Nissan 240SX
Drift: 69' Charger R/T
Grip: Nissan Skyline Proto
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

speed: gtr-r34, gt500
drift: rx7, viper
drag: zonda, charger
grip: gtr proto, gt2
the_oversteeringevo
Stock
Stock

Post by the_oversteeringevo »

grip: BMW E46 M3 (i use evo x as well, but i get bored of it cuz its easier to use, the audi TT is quite good for the twisty tracks imo)
drag: Shelby GT500 (2006) (not the best :) but sounds the 2nd best!) 67 one sounds the best
speed:Mustang GT (2006) (it sounds good)
drift: Corolla GT AE86 (i dunno it was cheap and i saw the guy use it in the initial d movie lol, and it is pretty good)

and i'm not finished the game
sosrandom
Stock
Stock

Post by sosrandom »

These are the cars I used to complete the game, all stage 3 parts with stage 4 Nos on the Subaru. (Ive tried a few cars and )

Grip: Subaru WRX STI - Amazing acceleration right up until 5th gear
Drag: Zonda - my best is 6.25s 1/4 mile and full length wheelie.
Drift: Rx7, went from the GTO and it seems to get loads more points for the same drift
Speed: The Porsche 911 Turbo, its quite easy to stay on the track at top speed. It also blitzes all other cards at the start but doesn't have as much power at the top speed so you have to make sure you don't turn to sharp.
Datsun-tan

Post by Datsun-tan »

For drag, I use my stage 3 Supra. Runs consistent 8s and 800ft average wheelies. Enough to get by. It'll do better once I beat the game and can use stage 2 suspension and bother to really tune it up.

For drift, I have two cars I swear by: my M3 E46 and my super black S13. Both of them use nothing higher than stage 2 parts, and are severely underclassed in just about every competition I enter them in. However, they do very well, and often double the score of the second place AI.

As for grip, I have many cars that I use (constantly testing, as I love time attacks). My favorite so far has got to be my R35 GT-R. There's very little done to it other than stage 3 tires and drivetrain, and I'm looking to add a stage 3 suspension, as well. The car is very fast on it's own, it just needs help translating that power to the track surface and sending it on it's way.

For speed, I have to swear by my "Top Secret" R34. Very fast, very grippy with the right settings, and just very, very gold. Hitting speed cameras at 260MPH is very refreshing, especially knowing I do it without the assistance of a bottle.

Only time I use a bottle is drag racing. I love the way my Supra roars down the track.
ronin_escada
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ronin_escada »

As of January 2008:

Grip: Mitsubishi Lancer ExoX & Porsche GT2
*I use both rides interchangeably - both get the job done well

Drag: Toyota Supra
*It does wheelies in normal drag races during the start and at 4th/5th gear change..lolz
Best 1/4 Mile: 6.11sec
Best 1/2 Mile: 10.96 sec

Drift: Toyota Supra & Mazda RX7
*The supra handles better on long sweeping corners
*Aki's RX7 is a decent all-around drifter

Speed: Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
*Very stable through bumps and corners; amazing acceleration; maintains 280-300 km/h easily
Last edited by ronin_escada on 04 Jan 2008, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
Suuby-Roo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Suuby-Roo »

Grip: Impreza
Drag: Zonda
Speed: Ford GT
Drift: rx-7
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

My carz...

Drift - rx-8/Silvia
Drag - Chevelle SS
Speed - Dodge Viper
Grip - Evo IX/Skyline R34

My Chevelle SS can't seem to do a wheelie at all, even though all its performance parts r level 3.

Any Suggestions?
oh snap
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

I don't know what the best cars are, but here is what I have:

Grip: Skyline
Drag: Zonda F
Speed: 911 Turbo
Drift: Heres the problem, I'm completely stuck in the game, can't find a good car :?
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

Andreaz1 wrote:I don't know what the best cars are, but here is what I have:

Grip: Skyline
Drag: Zonda F
Speed: 911 Turbo
Drift: Heres the problem, I'm completely stuck in the game, can't find a good car :?
The RX-7 is great for drift. :)
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

:lol: I have tried that already :P
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

What track r u up to ?

The RX-7 pulls off drift incredibly easily for me...

R u at the Tokyo Docks???

Question-If u can't find a good drift car, how did u unlock the RX-7 :?:
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Or another good drift car is the E92 M3.

Grip: On my new career it's my matt black SRT10 with red stripes, but overall best for me is 911 Turbo

Drag: Camaro SS

Drift: RX7, M3 E92, 350Z, Cayman can be good as well

Speed: Far and away the R34.
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

Grip - McLaren F1 (Fastest); Zonda (Fastest No Bonus Car); 911 Turbo (Best Point Car)

Speed - Lambo LP640 (Autobahnring); 911 Turbo (Elisu & Nevada)

Drag - Zonda (Fastest - Without Bug Usage); Camaro SS (Fastest - NOT 100% SURE - With Bug Usage); Supra (Best Point Car)

Drift - RX-7

Believe me! ;P

Cya!

Rogério

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=VGSpeedPro
http://hosted.filefront.com/VGSpeedPro
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

I will have to try some different drift cars, thanks for the tips :)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

For grip, try an R35 GTR... just bought one, faster from 0-60 than a zonda, and if it's anything like the real one, it'll murder almost anything, even evos. all for $60,000. Haven't used it yet, but the stats murder other cars I've seen. Plus it's AWD.

For drift, I got drift king with an AE86, but I did quickly tune an RX8 (in a hax file), and I found that although it understeered, I got massive points just power oversteering and clutch kicking for massive angle. So easy points. The AE86 got me from my first drift event to my last BTW.

For speed... an lvl 3 R34 GTR can get me to a top speed of 406km/h, it's like a catapult assisted jet figter at the start of the race, and is only held back by the retarder AI that like to get in my way, rear end me at 300ks and pull out in front of me when running off. However, in this car... the pause button becomes useless. =-)

For drag... many cars are good. My best is a high 6sec infinity g35. Usually does 7.2 though @ 340ks, half mile at 11sec at 407km/h -lvl 3 parts and lvl2 suspension. with lvl 3 suspension, quarter mile time suffers but is greater than an 06 mustang... only when it stops wheeliing or races on dodgy tracks... i.e. nevada highway is it impossible to drive with lvl 3 suspension. If you don't have a wheelie comp, drop the suspension to lvl2, if you do, put it to lvl3 and do 410m wheelies or find a wheelie monster. I found a dodge challenger good... just put it in top gear (3rd) and nos + gas at the start = 408m. Drag king is easy... set every track record at Rogue speed in a 7sec car (consistent time).
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Grip: BMW M3 E46
Speed: LP640
Drift: Camaro SS
Drag: Supra/240SX
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

OK, my new set of cars...

Drag-Chevelle SS/Dodge Viper
Drift-RX-8/Supra
Speed-Dodge Viper
Grip-EvoX/EvoIX

Yeah, i've saved up quite a bit of money ($102,500) and i'm planning to get a new car.

Any opinions on which cars to replace?

Note-I haven't unlocked RX-7
oh snap
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

Striker, honestly:

Sell EVO IX (it sucks hard in ProStreet for Grip) and the Dodge Viper. Change Supra from Drift to Drag. If you can put a Suspension 3 on the Supra, the car will also wheelie, which makes the interest of the Chevelle SS close to zero.

With the extra money wait until you unblock all cars and then sell EVO X and buy 911 Turbo for Grip. Sell Viper and buy 911 Turbo for Speed (keeping suspension stock). Sell RX-8 and buy RX-7 for Drift. And keep working on your Supra in Drag (my Supra has 322 hp and does 6.8s, without bug use! ;P).

That would be what I would do.

Cya!

Rogério

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=VGSpeedPro
http://hosted.filefront.com/VGSpeedPro
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Okay, I agree with selling the IX, because it's not as good as the X, but I've kinda grown attached to my Chevelle SS. I mean, it's one MEAN looking machine, and it's the car i'm most used to. I can just about perfectly shift every single event!. The only problem is when untuned, only has 600 bhp!

I'm gonna dominate a few more race days, and then get that perfect 911 Turbo!
Oh, and for Speed, I REALLY don't want to sell my Viper, because it's got my only stage 4 part, a transmission.

So, while I agree on changing the grip car and drift car, I'm more hesitant about my Drag and Speed Cars...

OK, thanks for the advice, I'll consider it! =D>
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

The Rx8 for drift because it understeers, and you keep it out with power+clutch kick, so power oversteer= big points, while the Rx7 stops drifting if you drop it out of it's power band, which is why the AE86 beats it in most courses. You have to see how you go. I just find the RX8 easier when it is in a slide.

I have used a old challenger. Very easy; warm tyres... shift into last gear (3rd)... nos+accelerate and just stay like that to wheelie the entire track.

A RWD car... do low 8s/high 7s and you'll beat the drag king.

Speed... I have an R34 GTR which is capable of 406km/h... has great start launches and great acceleration. Control is plenty, and it is AWD. It's not uncommon to get averages of over 300km/h.

About tuning... the basics have been explained here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15845

And this topic has been done: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15861

Return to “ProStreet”