How to lower the graphics even more?

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
ecienavxela
Stock
Stock

How to lower the graphics even more?

Post by ecienavxela »

Hello to all! I'm glad I found this forum, hope somebody here can help me.

I'm trying to play Pro Street, and I can play it on all-low settings and 800x600 and get 10-15fps on a steady basis. However, I have 2 problems with the game:
1. The sound is choppy. In the start, I can't even make out what the announcer and the Ryo guy are talking about. How can this be fixed? Or can I watch the video "externally"?
2. The FPS sure could use a boost. Is there any way to turn off all the animated billboards and such on the track?

I won't bother posting my system specs since I see people even with better PCs have problems with this game, and I'm not one of those guys who can just go out and buy a new processor or video card "just" for a game. Budget constraints, I'm sure a lot of you understand. :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance for the help!
ecienavxela
Stock
Stock

Re: How to lower the graphics even more?

Post by ecienavxela »

And another question:

3. With everything set to low, I noticed that the car was still all shiny and reflected nearly everything. Where is the option to turn this down? NFSMW had an option to control the level of reflection by the car, there's no such option on NFSPS? Perhaps there's an external config file I can edit? So far, haven't found it yet.

Any help appreciated!
bde93
Stock
Stock

Re: How to lower the graphics even more?

Post by bde93 »

Totally agree.

EA should still allow us to tune down the graphics accordingly as per the previous editions. They may want to showcase the graphics engine but how's that going to help us who have more than the minimum specs to run the game but have it running like a slideshow! :roll:

Return to “Help & Support”