(NFS:MW) Jumpy framerates on an 8600GT

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
DJ_Zephyr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

(NFS:MW) Jumpy framerates on an 8600GT

Post by DJ_Zephyr »

Hi all, been a while since I've posted around here and I apologize if this was asked elsewhere.

I've had NFS Most Wanted for my PC since I had an old FX5500 and a P3 running 1.9ghz, and, well... it was barely playable with most stuff switched off. Well, I've since upgraded to my current monstrosity- a BFG GeForce 8600 GT OC mated to an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+. I play games like Oblivion and EVE Online at liquid-smooth framerates now, and the hardware should be quite more than enough, according to the NFS box.

Well, I reinstalled Most Wanted and switched graphics to full power, and it runs- like a rabbit on speed. My vehicle seems to accelerate and steer jumpy just like my framerate, and everything looks like its switching between 'play' and 'fast-forward' every second. The same thing happens in NFS:U2 (my old fave).

Will installing all available patches fix these problems? Or is there something else I can try?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: (NFS:MW) Jumpy framerates on an 8600GT

Post by prince1142003 »

Since you have an AMD Dual Core, make sure you have the AMD Dual Core Optimizer Patch. It worked for me.
DJ_Zephyr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: (NFS:MW) Jumpy framerates on an 8600GT

Post by DJ_Zephyr »

Yup, that did it! Runnin like a champ now, thanks!

Return to “Help & Support”