- Your Idea of an Ideal Need For Speed Game? -

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: - Your Idea of an Ideal Need For Speed Game? -

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

More like GRID, I guess. None of the cars in this game feel realistic at all. OK, Grid wasn't the most realistic either, but NFS is too easy. After going head-to-head against Ravenwest (In GRID) I feel like I can take on every single AI racer in NFS: PS and kick them all back home. At least they gave me a run for my money.

Real-life performance parts
Bodykits that actually look good
No layer limit
More cars
No stupid advertising (Progressive advertisements, K&N)
Better AI (more like GRID and less like Ryo Wannabe)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

A racing game without advertising, it would be odd to see no adverts at a track, lol. + advertising adds to the game's budget. If it doesn't spoil the atmosphere, it's fine. Really only works in sports and racing games
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

baumaxx1 wrote:A racing game without advertising, it would be odd to see no adverts at a track, lol. + advertising adds to the game's budget. If it doesn't spoil the atmosphere, it's fine. Really only works in sports and racing games
Fictional ads. None of this Progressive junk.
Porsche4Life
Stock
Stock

Post by Porsche4Life »

For the next need for speed game, i vote EA takes it back to the underground series. There are already too many racing simulators out there (Forza Motorsport, Project Gotham, Grid, Gran Turismo...) and only one true competitor for street racing (Midnight Club). I miss being able to customize every thing about your car; put speakers in it, neon under it, color your nitrous and etc. Need for Speed is the creator of street racing simulation and has no reason to run away from it. I want to see loads of cars including; Audi R8, Ferrari's (for once), Porsche 911 turbo, GT3, GT2, Nissan GTR, 370Z, and so on. I think you should be able to choose if you want to race on a track legally in a league, or street race and avoid the cops. You should be able to fully choose your characters name and apperance, and make a story out of the game. The idea of being able to get out of your car and actually walk into Car Dealerships, Body Part stores, your safehouse, or just roam the city. There also needs to be an actual day cycle, so its not always night or day. You should be able to customize your vinyls, similar to how you can in Forza Motorsport.

The Xbox 360/ PlayStation 3 needs a truly next generation street racing title, and in my oppinion, this is how they can do it.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

I agree with all of that, but:
Porsche4Life wrote:Nissan GTR
In my opinion, keeping the Skyline R34 GT-R, as well as maybe adding the R33 GT-R, is a higher priority than the "R"35 since they're cooler anyway and the "R"35 is over-hyped still. I don't know what I'd do if they completely replaced the R34 with another car (unless they replaced the R34 with the R33, which I could live with).
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Midninght club... it's a fun fast game, but it's very arcade.... NFS slotted in between that and the simulators nicely, and had the different modes too. Plus, midnight club customization is still poor. It was an all round tuning game, midnight club is more insane arcade racing, but the cop chases were really meh.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Lol...GRiD and PGR aren't sims, they're arcade like racers lol
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

Porsche4Life wrote:For the next need for speed game, i vote EA takes it back to the underground series. There are already too many racing simulators out there (Forza Motorsport, Project Gotham, Grid, Gran Turismo...) and only one true competitor for street racing (Midnight Club). I miss being able to customize every thing about your car; put speakers in it, neon under it, color your nitrous and etc. Need for Speed is the creator of street racing simulation and has no reason to run away from it. I want to see loads of cars including; Audi R8, Ferrari's (for once), Porsche 911 turbo, GT3, GT2, Nissan GTR, 370Z, and so on. I think you should be able to choose if you want to race on a track legally in a league, or street race and avoid the cops. You should be able to fully choose your characters name and apperance, and make a story out of the game. The idea of being able to get out of your car and actually walk into Car Dealerships, Body Part stores, your safehouse, or just roam the city. There also needs to be an actual day cycle, so its not always night or day. You should be able to customize your vinyls, similar to how you can in Forza Motorsport.
Well, are you sure NFS is the creator of street racing?And from what i can understand, for you street racing is ricers (paint your nos, wtf?! you actually give color to the..em whatever, nos is for the noobs.)racing in a city.
Actually NFS started with exotics and if Undercover is like that without ofcourse ricer kits for the cars will be perfect.
They were games like Tokyo xtreme Racer and Midnightclub which featured streetracin with tuners.
Need FOr speed was never like U2.Ok, it was good on tuning,if you ofcourse forget speakers,neons,hydraulics,paint-ability of mirrors roofscoops and spoilers and a great amount of bodykits.
I was playing MW in my cousin's pc today. And i wondered seeingf his Carrera
*Does NFS create ricers or ricers like NFS*
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

RedCarDriver wrote:I agree with all of that, but:
In my opinion, keeping the Skyline R34 GT-R, as well as maybe adding the R33 GT-R, is a higher priority than the "R"35 since they're cooler anyway and the "R"35 is over-hyped still. I don't know what I'd do if they completely replaced the R34 with another car (unless they replaced the R34 with the R33, which I could live with).
The R35 is not over-hyped, it's a supercar. One of the fastest cars to ever lap the Nurburgring.
I think they need the iconic R32 as well, the first "Godzilla". And the R34 is also a tuning legend.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

ah yes the humble R32 GT-R, famous for kicking all the V8 Supercars @$$es. Take THAT Ford and Holden!!!

Oh and attention should be paid to two cars: The R35 V-Spec and the Lexus LF-A. Chuck those and the Nurburgring in the next NFS and I'll be happy.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

baumaxx1 wrote:The R35 is not over-hyped, it's a supercar. One of the fastest cars to ever lap the Nurburgring.
Call me crazy if you want, but that's exactly one of the reasons I've never liked the R35 much - it's too blatanty an attempt to make the fastest car out there (not exactly THE fastest, but still). R35 V-spec looks cooler though - dunno why; more closely resembles the R34, in my opinion.

I do agree that the R32 would be awesome, though...

Meh, if the physics, car-list, and world-design are good, and the career isn't super-short, and there is online mode and decent customization, I'm happy.
death reaper
Ricer
Ricer

Post by death reaper »

Porsche4Life wrote:For the next need for speed game, i vote EA takes it back to the underground series. There are already too many racing simulators out there (Forza Motorsport, Project Gotham, Grid, Gran Turismo...) and only one true competitor for street racing (Midnight Club). I miss being able to customize every thing about your car; put speakers in it, neon under it, color your nitrous and etc. Need for Speed is the creator of street racing simulation and has no reason to run away from it. I want to see loads of cars including; Audi R8, Ferrari's (for once), Porsche 911 turbo, GT3, GT2, Nissan GTR, 370Z, and so on. I think you should be able to choose if you want to race on a track legally in a league, or street race and avoid the cops. You should be able to fully choose your characters name and apperance, and make a story out of the game. The idea of being able to get out of your car and actually walk into Car Dealerships, Body Part stores, your safehouse, or just roam the city. There also needs to be an actual day cycle, so its not always night or day. You should be able to customize your vinyls, similar to how you can in Forza Motorsport.

The Xbox 360/ PlayStation 3 needs a truly next generation street racing title, and in my oppinion, this is how they can do it.
I agree with all of that you should be able to create your character BTW 3 simulators arent many + the way ea are going with like 10 months into 1 game pfff bullsh*t try for once a couple of years like look at gt 5 only the prolouge has come out and yet their putting another 2 years into it
i like when they just had you neons your speakers your lights cause that really is tuners

when a tuner buys a car they dont really just put a whole body kit on they chose from 100+ different front side and rear bumpers when they want to put say a candy colour on they have to put a coat on first or it looks s**t also there have been ferraris in older games and doodle pit view but since underground 1 they cut it out i would like to put seats in seat covers dash boards gauges steering wheels because thta to me is the ideal nfs game not legal races and exotics

now enough of me 8)
[img]C:\Users\Kempsey%20Betta\Pictures\Koenigsegg-CCX-2007%20-%20Copy.jpg[/img]
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I'm getting sick of two types of people in this thread:

a) The people saying that Midnight Club doesn't have as good customisation as NFS. At least the bodykits, for the most part actually look decent, and are by licensed tuners, Bomex, C-West, Erebuni, they're all in there. Apart from dishing the wheels there's more customisation for the mags as well. And there's more decent paint options, you can make your own decals, and instead of your NOS purge which is only useful when you are actually colouring it, you can choose the colour of the flame that comes out of the exhaust. The spinners were also more decent in MC3 than they were in UG2.

b) the people who say that NFS "started" with Underground. IMHO, NFS 2 and 3 were more kick@$$ than most of the later NFS', with HP2 being an exception.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

a. MC3 was really in-depth, but it lacked the vinyl flexibility. Underground results in impressive results, and has some unique bodykits... but MC3 is easy to make something decent, but the cars end up being the same.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

No they don't. Unless you want them to be of course. And vinyls isn't the tuning selling point of MC3, so you can't take it down for that.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I'm more a JDM guy, so yeah, in a DUB game, my cars end up clean, but I preferred U2 customisation because of better end packages, but Midnight club was still awesome, and had a good parts and paint system.
Stock
Stock

Post by 079605076 »

I completely agree with you boys. I want to add for all said above that in my personal opinion to create ideal NFS game, first of all EA developers should know their rivals' advantages and disadvantages like(GRID, GT
series and all other well known NFSkind games). Secondly, they should take a look around and see what was good and bad in all 11 series of NFS, to do some kind of official study, make all weak points stronger. In other words, for me ideal NFS game will be with all previous NFS series tracks, cars, modes, customization etc. And the most important thing there should be weekly official EA updates and downloads with different new tracks, cars and custom parts...IT WILL BE GREAT!!
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

The weekly updates are not feasible unless we pay, or they advertise, which I wouldn't mind unless it's spyware... so loading screen or in menus you have ads , lol. And about GT llike... NFS was never a GT compeditor, it just had an identity crisis,.
cybercrash
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cybercrash »

need for speed carbon to need for speed drift
high customization on tire, brakes etc, able to tune to pure drifting in free roam and race like tokyo drift. atmosphere are drift, like most competitor are drifters.
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Can anyone really say that Midnight Club has less customization than NFS?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39382.html

I mean, watch that video. Real concept and retail body kits (meaning that the selection here will probably be far less ugly), fully customizable interior (which includes things like shift lights, gauges, even stitching on the seats), pretty much NFSU2's customization and then some. I'm still much more interested in NFS:UC but Midnight Club: LA looks really nice too.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I feel the opposite, I'm VERY much more interested in MCLA, cause Undercover is looking more like Most Wanted than a new game to me.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

mean2u wrote:Can anyone really say that Midnight Club has less customization than NFS?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39382.html

I mean, watch that video. Real concept and retail body kits (meaning that the selection here will probably be far less ugly), fully customizable interior (which includes things like shift lights, gauges, even stitching on the seats), pretty much NFSU2's customization and then some. I'm still much more interested in NFS:UC but Midnight Club: LA looks really nice too.
The vinyl system was the only bad thing about it.
CMuscle1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by CMuscle1 »

My Idea would be pretty awesome I think. A marathon like racing game where every part of racing is included but would have the option of just doing one in a career. But a Marathon race would mean youd start in the canyon (Drifting Perferably but maybe Rally racing?) then at the base it would go to another driver which would Street race or Street Drag to the next point which would be either a drag or Ciruit or drifting at a Staduim where the final race would occur and I think it would just be a more in depth game alot more on the edge of your seat. Of course Damage would be advanced, if you Crashed you were done if you hit a car your done. Time in free roam would be real time with rush hour and night time to day. cars would be a huge variety and customization would be a little more limited to make up for realism.Cars would be based on in career where you raced,Drag-Muscle and some tuner ,Circuit-All,Cayon-Tuner (depending on Rally or Drift it would vary) and Street-all. Just a Idea tho might do some photoshoping and make a cover to give people a little more idea to it but Imo it would be a intresting game.
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, only problem with realtime stuff is what if you only get time to play during peak hour, lol.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

and on wich continent is it based?
If it's based on US time (East or west doesn't matter) some parts of the world will always play at night...

Return to “Undercover”