Access is Denied

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Access is Denied

Post by Tunerfreak »

I am trying to access System Volume Information on a slave hard drive.

I have disabled hidden system files/ folders so as I can see the faded out folder, as is to be expected access is denied. I have heard the way to access it is to change the user permissions for the folder. I am also aware this is done under the properties/ security tab and that this tab is missing on my Windows XP Home SP2 due to some "simplified sharing and security" option being activated.

I have looked into it and everyone says the normal solution is to disable the simplified option under tools/ folder options/ view in windows explorer, the only thing that stumps me is that my advanced settings does not have this simplified security option present for adjustment, Its simply not there.

Ive tried looking into the registry for the common values that cause simplified security to be activated like "Forceguest" and "Nosecuritytab" and disabled force guest and ensured the no security tab value was not present. I am also aware my HDD format is NTFS as is required.

Problem ensues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Access is Denied

Post by vellu »

Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Re: Access is Denied

Post by Tunerfreak »

Thanks alot.
I used the boot in safe mode method.

I took a system file from a previous restore point and replaced the original on my mums hard drives corrupted windows system file and it booted straight up fine. I'm chuffed =D>

Return to “The Hardware & Software”