Re: Need For Speed Undercover

Post by TONTO89 »

yes its here! now I just need to wait till I can find time to go pick it up lol
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

Ive been playing it for 2 hours, pretty fun. My bro got it off the net (if you know what I mean, please dont ban me :( ). The game has graphical problems again....ughhhh EA, hopefully a patch a week later or something. The highway battle is pretty competitive with the traffic and such (retry 2 times to get it right). Got the 240 and Solstice (got from pink siip) in the garage. Surprisingly the 240 is acrually fast in the game when stock, that just me. The solstice is good car imo (didnt like it much in prostreet), picked it becuz it has a turbo haha. The customization seems limited or maybe i havent unlocked enough stuff yet lol. They dont have a falken decal :? one of my fav tire company. Now we have to go up and down left/right. Gonna take some time to rebuild my pro street cars in undercover (I dont have any new ideas atm).

Sorry I put some peoples hopes down but thats my little review of the game for now.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Omg! Another episode of fail for this franchise.. Everyone is slamming the game, some saying its worse then prostreet.

Here is a review from ign ps3 giving it a 4/10 :shock:

But the xbox360 gets a 5/10...lol like that changes anything

Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Yes! It has been released!

Just have to wait a bit until I get it. The PC version at GameSpot got an 8.7 from a current overall of 133 votes.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Sorry to say the reviews that slam it are right. Coming from a veteran NFS position (completed them all from NFS 2SE onwards) and a real life racer I just am woefully disappointed with the game. No offence but to take the worst of Pro Street and mould it to Test Drive Unlimited and place it in the same atmosphere as Most Wanted (which was actually fun) just ruined the game. Small steps are rock solid, the whole thing feels rushed as do all the cars. Same handling on a Lotus Elise to that of the 240SX (wish I had got the Camaro SS from the Pink Slip now to see if Muscle handles the same too), that could never happen in a month of Monday's.

Scrappy EA. Very Scrappy. Concept was good, engine and game well it's crap.
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

Andre_online wrote:Still too high for my PC to take in.. Haha! :lol:

same just playing around on the psp version which sucks
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

So this game is epic fail right? :(
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

no?

It starts from the reviewers. Go on to the reviewers believers, they decide to pass the news and make it official. And now everyone is saying its a failure. =.=
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Well it may be legit.

Imagine following up THE BEST open world game (GTA4) with a mediocre open world game. Of course its going to take heat. Plus remember that this game doesnt play like something new. Its a sequel to Most Wanted. :lol:
korge
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Ah good thing you reminded me of GTA4. IGN gave GTA4 a 10 and Undercover a 5. Is GTA4 really worth 10/10? Oh and the GTA series have been the same since GTA3.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

GTA4 comes out today on PC as well i guess?

gametrailer just gave it 6.7... which isn't THAT bad but still bad...

alll the reviews i've read other than player reviews gave it a bad grade

one way to truly find out... try it for yourself =b
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

Bojan wrote:Ah good thing you reminded me of GTA4. IGN gave GTA4 a 10 and Undercover a 5. Is GTA4 really worth 10/10? Oh and the GTA series have been the same since GTA3.
proves rockstar knows how to make a game
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

Bojan wrote:Ah good thing you reminded me of GTA4. IGN gave GTA4 a 10 and Undercover a 5. Is GTA4 really worth 10/10? Oh and the GTA series have been the same since GTA3.
It actually is. Considering the effort R* used made the game almost bugless and perfectly playable. It may get boring after a while, but every game gaets boring at some point. I coould make a video showing how bad it is (NFS UC), but right now I'm too lazy.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

I had some time playing Undercover on PC. First impression is that they drop you into the city and you don't really know what to do or where to go, other then doing the races that appear on the bottom of your screen. Second is a mediocre framerate, regardless of settings. The game tends to stutter a lot. Controls are rather sensitive at high speeds at well..

Honestly, I don't know what to do think of this game. Playing around with the car is fun but the framerate tends to destroy all of the experience. It plays like a bad port.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

PSZeTa wrote:The game tends to stutter a lot. Controls are rather sensitive at high speeds at well..

.......Honestly, I don't know what to do think of this game. Playing around with the car is fun but the framerate tends to destroy all of the experience. It plays like a bad port.
Believe me. This happened in the Xbox demo when I tried it 2 months ago at the GCA. The framerate was still slow. I really had doubts that they'd fix it. I was trying very hard to be optimistic, but I just couldn't. And I was right not to be. They never fixed it in the end product. How typical.
zedex wrote:one way to truly find out... try it for yourself =b
I have, 2 months back. And it really turned me off right after I drove for about a mile or two. Maybe because I had high expectations. This was my review of the game when I first got my hands on the demo.

And yes, I still stand by my judgements.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

So I wake up this morning with a big smile on my face knowing that NFS: UC was released today only to be interrupted by the onslaught of negative reviews. Now I know why EA didn't even bother releasing a demo, people would realize the game is garbage and they'd lose sales.

I'll wait for the Gamespot review. Despite them being biased, their NFS reviews have been pretty accurate and consistent (unlike IGN which gave NFS: U2 9+). However, I'm not holding my breath. Looks like this will be another failed NFS game (surprise, surprise) and I'll be sticking with NFS: HP2 for now.

I'm just wondering, how many failed NFS games does it took until EA wakes the firetruck up and change their attitude?
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Lol, I was all the same.

But now looking at all those negative reviews and negative comments from others, I just don't know about UC...
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Imo its alright, my graphics settings are all on high for it. :) Its fun when getting chased by cops and just cruising around but besides that the story etc, sucks so far.

I would honestly give it: 5.7 out of 10
=--------=----------=-----------=

Graphics: Good, but some shadows are pixeled even on everything very high.

Cars: Nice choice, although same textures and stuff from Pro street. (I checked with a texture program)

Handling: Imo it feels abit too loose. thats all i can say really..

Performance: Car performance are alright, nice and fast etc so its not a problem.

Performance upgrades: Pretty boring, sure they are simple for new racers but its fairly simple and really basic.

Sound: I think they reused sounds from prostreet and some (i think) from NFS U2

Damage: Fun and abit more realistic as its not easy to rip off a front bumper etc.

Smoke: Same basically from prostreet except fades alittle quicker.

Cops: For me they are easy..

Menu/windows: EA linked the whole game leading to their site, but for PC every time in a menu it keeps saying "Signing into EA Account" when i don't wanna go online or anything. Its sooo Annoying. And the main menu in your garage has too much glare effect. Can't really see good enough to see what im doing to my car cause it makes the screen abit too bright in some areas.

Acting: One word: Boring.. It just doesn't make me feel im apart of the game enough for some reason.

Visual upgrades: Bodykits are EH! although autoscuplt seems to be abit slaggish kinda like vinyl editing on Prostreet how it takes awhile to load. Rims are nice as they are real brands, Spoilers for me are ugly although may end up using anyway.. :lol: Exhaust tips are better they look more fat and mean.

Computer performance: Hmm.. you better have a good computer imo, as ive said i got everything on high but still lags and shadows are abit pixeled, the world map textures sometimes over lays each other.
=--------=----------=-----------==--------=----------=-----------=

All this is my opinion, others have different views. Im just saying what i see and think etc.. So its upto you if you wanna buy it or not.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

2furio wrote:how many failed NFS games does it took until EA wakes the firetruck up and change their attitude?
None. Thanks to stores like WalMart and EB Games and Target and Blockbuster that are under contract, who buy their games anyways, EA will still get their minimum sales that they need to break even and score some minor profit. They will just move on to the next overly hyped project.
korge
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

I got the game , played it for awhile ,it's not as bad as most review sad , just lack some polish touch and feel more like a beta release than a golden release.

Graphic: NFSUC looks great , alot of post effect make it looks great , city is huge but feel quite empty , trees model looks like 2 polygon planes with alpha map , the only thing is terrible is shadows , i cant believe we still get that kind of pixelated shadows nowadays. NFSUC got so manny jaggy edges that if u turn off AA , it looks like crap , even on max AA level , it cant anti-alias the shadows and edges in reflection though so infact it doesnt help much in term of the overall jaggy look of the game. over all it's still nice though , just not what i expected

Car handling: I can only say that the car handling and physics are like NFSPS , only crazier , it's really weird ,i feels like "WTF" the first time , but after driving for a while , it's actually fun , with the heroic driving engine.
[edit]] oh ya , and btw ,the control , it LAG LIKE CRAZY , look ing up at IGN's review , looks like console got the same problem

Sound: nothing to complain , sound here is great , sound track was okay , only problem is i cant access to TRAX or turn track on/off

Race: all race on highway & cop chasing are fun , all other feels sleepy , u can take over the AI too easy

Story&cutscene: actually , forget those , it's boring and 100% pointless , all u can see is some gang talking blah blah and maggieQ talking non-sense.

Performance: the game got a very bad performance ,i'm not sure about the Xbox360 version , PC got extremely unstable framerate , it can jump from 10fps to 70fps like instantly , shadows and object flickering make it really frustrating to look at the screen when moving fast , both my PC , one using HD4850 card (mid level VGA) and one using HD4870 card (high level , not hi-end though) ran NFSUC like crap , it's not like they cant handle the game but fps jumping like crazy from high to low everywhere.

Overall i think it's a fun game , not horrible , 7.0/10 for me , if they can fix the performance issue and graphics then maybe 8.0/10

i dont know what's wrong with EA anymore , i mean they pulled out some great game recently and have good attitude to make quality games like Mirror's edge , Dead Space , Battlefield bad company , just why this one got through the QA phase, maybe a rush to the deadline ?
Last edited by spike_minoda on 18 Nov 2008, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Btw! Another thing is if i remember correctly didn't they say the driver was going to be animated? in a interview? Cause that never happened.. :roll:
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

This game needs a patch or something asap, yes its too early but would be nice. It better not be some skimpy 40mb, gotta be 200-300mb to fix problems.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

spike_minoda wrote:Performance: the game got a very bad performance ,i'm not sure about the Xbox360 version , PC got extremely unstable framerate , it can jump from 10fps to 70fps like instantly , shadows and object flickering make it really frustrating to look at the screen when moving fast , both my PC , one using HD4850 card (mid level VGA) and one using HD4870 card (high level , not hi-end though) ran NFSUC like crap , it's not like they cant handle the game but fps jumping like crazy from high to low everywhere.
Thats weird, cuz even with my single GTX260 can handle the game very well. 45 fps min and max goes up to about 65, and this is at all maxxed out anti aliasing set to 6x.
With SLi, its not worth the increase, you get about 55-60 fps min and i dont remember the max... bleh, should'ave bought new rims instead of an extra card :-k
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

If only they listened...

So you're telling me that although PS was capped at 29FPS, this will jump all over the place and effects are optimised worse than PS?
Who's idea was it to make the shadows move with the car? Are they stupid? I'm sure it would take unnecessary processing power too.
You'll also find lit polygons appear near the front of your car when they should be dark, especially when you drive through a tunnel, and it's most certainly not supposed to be your headlights. It's just another shoddy glitch that goes to show that the whole game lacks a feeling of any sort of refinement, both in terms of production and overall design.
They don't even care any more I think....

What's with online being so lame too? What was all that hype about fantastic game modes and all?
The open world design is completely lost as you can't actually drive to any event, many races are closed off which means no cross traffic, and it's incredibly easy.
WTF? Why have free roam if you're too lazy to put races in >_<.
Closed off races... WTF is this? Prostreet? And lemme guess... no difficulty levels, only weewee easy?
The game could, and should, have been leaps and bounds better than it is
THe more we see the worse it gets. What gets me is the marketing... don't spend so much time and money on that if you can't crank out a decent game.

Oh... why aren't there any cars in the city? Is it post apocalyptic or something?
It's way too easy, and becomes almost undrivable at times because it chugs so much.
That's pathetic on PS3 considering it has no problems with GRID and GT5... both look miles better.

I love the upgrade unlocks how they're broken >_<
any of these stats don't make much sense to be assigned to a person. Things like a discount on parts make sense, but why would you have a Forced Induction rating on your person rather than your individual vehicles?
WAT? Does your charachter have a turbo grafted to him or something?...
unlike last year, it doesn't have any effect on your performance
What the hell?

The cutscenes have been bashed... they may as well saved time and rendered them... would've been better.
To begin an event, you can either head to the overhead map, which requires a couple of seconds of loading despite its utter simplicity
Lol... Pwnded by TDU's google earth! even cities in Oblivion have shorter loading times.
How can you have an open world game and not have any cross traffic to contend with in races?
If your car's ratings are half of what your competition has, you can probably win with ease.
Oh... so it's designed for 5 year olds?
Thats weird, cuz even with my single GTX260 can handle the game very well. 45 fps min and max goes up to about 65, and this is at all maxxed out anti aliasing set to 6x.
It looks like rubbish compared to Crysis though and I run that on high on a 9600GT.
,the control , it LAG LIKE CRAZY , look ing up at IGN's review , looks like console got the same problem
:roll: SNES controls don't lag...
HD4850 card (mid level VGA) and one using HD4870 card (high level , not hi-end though) ran NFSUC like crap , it's not like they cant handle the game but fps jumping like crazy from high to low everywhere.
Looks like a game made for Nvidia and ATI cards were tweaked as an afterthought.

SO basically... looks like a try before I buy... if It's worth it.

Return to “Undercover”