Need For Speed Undercover

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Need For Speed Undercover

Post by 2fast4all »

The catch up system is really killing me in the game. Is it just me or the sense of speed is a bit too fast?! I know in most wanted, carbon its about right.

Random but, I bought a S15 last night, going around, being cased (random cop) heat 1 and R35 skyline cops already.. I though those come at heat 5??? do they spawn if you drive a nissan?
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

zedex wrote: and AI DO tend to block you! i was actually falling behind one of the races and they actually rammed me onto the side wall! and i hit it head on... which caused me a dead stop...
Another reason why I hated the NFS series after HP2...

Thanks for reminding me. :)
korge
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

2fast4all wrote:The catch up system is really killing me in the game. Is it just me or the sense of speed is a bit too fast?! I know in most wanted, carbon its about right.

Random but, I bought a S15 last night, going around, being cased (random cop) heat 1 and R35 skyline cops already.. I though those come at heat 5??? do they spawn if you drive a nissan?
really?
i'm driving the S15 silvia from pinkslip right now, and at heat 2... just turned heat 3 but haven't gotten into pursuit yet... but all they send are the panda sedans o.o

*edit: i was wrong... what was i thinking?!? i'm not driving the silvia, i'm using the Lotus Elise! lol... i made a silvia in "My Cars" section of the quick race
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

is there any my cars section in NFS Undercover?
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

zedex wrote:*edit: i was wrong... what was i thinking?!? i'm not driving the silvia, i'm using the Lotus Elise! lol... i made a silvia in "My Cars" section of the quick race
What do you think?
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

lol yeah like i said yes there is a "My Cars" section where you can tune any unlocked cars with any unlocked parts, like in previous games... for free

but it's only accessible through Quick Races under the career menu

this game is more Career based with Quick Race option
instead of the previous ones which are Quick Race based with Career option =b
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

so where is this new updated need for speed website they promised yesterday? GOSH

*Edit sent a private message to some random EA person and they said they were having problems, it will hopefully be up early next week, hopefully monday.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

So they do reply eh? hehe..

Yep they are having some server related problem, found out from a source.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

im gonna try to rent it today and see how it is because most of the people here complaining are on the pc but i wanna try it myself for ps3
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

What's up with the 2nd part of the game? Am I doing something wrong because I have the Audi TT (pinkslip) with all race performance parts and despite having almost flawless runs, I'm like 10 seconds off the Dominating time and I barely win races.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Fishwhiz wrote:im gonna try to rent it today and see how it is because most of the people here complaining are on the pc but i wanna try it myself for ps3
PS3's even worse :wink:
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

2furio wrote:What's up with the 2nd part of the game? Am I doing something wrong because I have the Audi TT (pinkslip) with all race performance parts and despite having almost flawless runs, I'm like 10 seconds off the Dominating time and I barely win races.
Yep I had a hard time there too...Did you install pro lvl parts yet?...if youve unlocked tier 2 cars, id say go for the LP560-4 But make sure you are able to mod the lambo to atleast street lvl if not pro lvl, because when stock, its slower than the TT on pro lvl. You can use the lambo to end the game with max parts trust me :D
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

the dominating time can be weird sometimes and the AI you race against too...
at one time, doing this circuit, i lost the race, but i was under dominating time... then i won... but i was like 10 sec behind >.> something's not right...

the AI sometimes seem to be EXTREMELY fast... while others they're just so slow...

so i don't bother with dominating sometimes when i'm 10 secs+ behind it... *once even 30 seconds!!!* but if i'm only 1 second behind *or this one time... 0.01! second!!! i saw the dominate time and race time and i literally screamed WHAT THE **** WAS THAT?!? ARE THEY PLAYING WITH ME?!? and it wasn't 2:50.01 ... it was more like 3:14.37 .... and i was 0.01 behind dominating o.O?!? *didn't remember the exact number but i was REALLY pissed off... a long race too!*

or some races where it's SO HARD to win against the AIs ... like that circuit i'm talking about, i just forget about dominating until i get a better car =b

but yes it IS weird sometimes...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

wait... so you can win by losing?
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

baumaxx1 wrote:wait... so you can win by losing?
no... but some of the losses, even if you lost, you're still below the "Dominate" time... but you still lost so it's a loss...

but IF you win... AND you're below the dominate time, then you "dominated"
winning comes first... dominating is a condition in winning...
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

korge wrote:
zedex wrote: and AI DO tend to block you! i was actually falling behind one of the races and they actually rammed me onto the side wall! and i hit it head on... which caused me a dead stop...
Another reason why I hated the NFS series after HP2...

Thanks for reminding me. :)
... What do you want in an NFS game then? Easily beatable opponent AI that you can take care of quickly? No, I want challenging opponent AI that take tactics to beat. Makes the game more challenging but also more fun, IMO.
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

finally completed need for speed undercover for the psp version. the storyline is shiznit because it is like most wanted but u are in mia's position. the game is still glitchy because the barriers are not suppose to go through but there are some ways u still can go through (the barriers actually lead to the highway), and i notice during the highway battles when i smash into a traffic, the traffic would sometimes just bounce all over the highway and it just keep bouncing and it doesn't stop or anything. i managed to complete the race and i saw the traffic flying half way :shock: . the psp version also left out many cars such as the BMW M3 E46. But the game is fast for completion and also if u want to noe the storyline of the game get the psp version is one of the fastest to complete and also u will get to noe the whole story at a faster rate
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

t3ice wrote:
2furio wrote:What's up with the 2nd part of the game? Am I doing something wrong because I have the Audi TT (pinkslip) with all race performance parts and despite having almost flawless runs, I'm like 10 seconds off the Dominating time and I barely win races.
Yep I had a hard time there too...Did you install pro lvl parts yet?...if youve unlocked tier 2 cars, id say go for the LP560-4 But make sure you are able to mod the lambo to atleast street lvl if not pro lvl, because when stock, its slower than the TT on pro lvl. You can use the lambo to end the game with max parts trust me :D
Pro level parts are still locked. As well as the Tier 2 cars. Basically, after I got the pinkslip for the Audi TT, I started using it (with all Race level parts) and it sucks. I went back to the Elise with all Race level parts and I started dominating again.

I don't get how a Tier 4 car can be better than a Tier 3 car.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

2furio wrote:I don't get how a Tier 4 car can be better than a Tier 3 car.
I thinks they just put em according to popularity more than anything else.

I mean a corvette z06 in tier 1, the Mclaren SLR is tier 2. :-s ...and tbh, once you get the lambo, there isnt any real need to get another tier 1 car. Right now my race lvl lp560-4 handles and accelerates better than my Mclaren F1 at Ultimate lvl parts.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Should be able to test this out in the next few days... got a copy. lets see this in full HD! 8) What's disturbing though is that there was occasional lag on an e8400, 4gb RAM and 9800GX2 rig... before the settings had been cranked and the res was set to 16xx x 1050. My 9600GT has been running everything else fine @1080p though... Crysis almost on high too, lol.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

baumaxx1 wrote:Should be able to test this out in the next few days... got a copy. lets see this in full HD! 8) What's disturbing though is that there was occasional lag on an e8400, 4gb RAM and 9800GX2 rig... before the settings had been cranked and the res was set to 16xx x 1050. My 9600GT has been running everything else fine @1080p though... Crysis almost on high too, lol.
most likely it's not your system when it runs like crap... it's the game... but i have no complaints... it's still fun =b with occasional annoyances
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Undercover crapped my graphics card. I loaded it up for the first time and started noticing artifacts. After a hasty exit, every game I start now has artifacts.

:-(
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Sounds more coincidental than anything tbh. Your card was gonna go soon, no matter what game you were playing.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Doubt it, considering the card's been working fine for almost a year and hadn't been used for almost two months while I was away. Still, I did a thorough job cleaning and reinstalled Windows like planned. I'll see if that was simply a momentary thing or if I my card really went bonkers.

EDIT:
Look what I found!
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

@prince1142003: The texture patch doesn't seem as if it improves much really... so I'll just stay with the original graphics.

Return to “Undercover”