NFS Undercover: possible trailer leak?

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
racefreak265
Stock
Stock

Re: NFS Undercover: possible trailer leak?

Post by racefreak265 »

most urls have the word "dossier" in them, which means " collection or file of documents on the same subject, esp. a complete file containing detailed information about a person or topic." Perhaps this is refering to those files on the shelf of the room?
NFS Collector (sort of)
UltimateGTR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by UltimateGTR »

I want to download the whole site http://www.whichroadtotake.com/
Anyone know how to do it? Thanks a lot!
360Spider
Stock
Stock

Post by 360Spider »

The site is mainly composed of .swf files (everything that is clickable) and .flv files (All the clips and scenes). To download them I would suggest using Orbit Rich Media Downloader. It had a feature called Grab++ that captures embedded content from the site in real-time. I looked at most of the names for the videos and there isn't anything interesting about them.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

360Spider wrote:The site is mainly composed of .swf files (everything that is clickable) and .flv files (All the clips and scenes). To download them I would suggest using Orbit Rich Media Downloader. It had a feature called Grab++ that captures embedded content from the site in real-time. I looked at most of the names for the videos and there isn't anything interesting about them.
You can use algo Internet Download Manager 5.12. There's an option to download the last requested flv video.

Oh and to save...click on FILE--> SAVE AS? lol

@transformer: Seriously dude, it can't be that...just...not... [-X
zbabar
Stock
Stock

Post by zbabar »

It could be a movie and then later on they make the game like other movies or the whole game is like a movie and that video could be a whole FAKE
I dont know what's real and what's not right now
all I need is EA GAMES to put up an official trailer and then I'll start believing
all this game needs is...

cops
open-world
tuner muscle and exotic cars
wheather... Rain snow or ice. Sunny night sunrise sunset. Thunder lightning
costomization everwhere. In and out,neon underglow. Headlights taillights exhaust tips. Actuly everything from underground 2

airodinamics. like in prostreet
carshows of ur cars online and get a good rep from other players
cops very strict in the road even reckless driving and stopping on traffic lights. Overtaking the cops
DAMAGE!!!
Cops chase ppl online also
dealerships of all types
able to bet online racing

I know I said a lot but I love nfs. Carbon was a piece of crap
the driftng was nothing like prostreet

My gamertag is. Zbabar on xbox live
if anybody wants to add me
imprt_tunrz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by imprt_tunrz »

u guys want numbers?

notice at the beginning of some of the flv videos there's a stutter? it shows a number

example:

the number doesn't show up on the dragon minded list though. google proved nothing either...

i can't get some other videos to pause at the right moments on youtube, but there is something...
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

racefreak265 wrote:most urls have the word "dossier" in them, which means " collection or file of documents on the same subject, esp. a complete file containing detailed information about a person or topic." Perhaps this is refering to those files on the shelf of the room?

Old news :wink:
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

@imprt_tunrz:

Nice find,dude.

44-29=15
15-8+5=12

There are 12 weeks remaining till the release of UnderCover. :mrgreen:
That's why those numbers appear in the videos.

EDIT: The Nissan from the teaser is not the Proto,is the GT-R ( R35).
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Uh... so is this meant to (possibly) be Undercover, or that possible NFS Movie?
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Carcrazy wrote:Uh... so is this meant to (possibly) be Undercover, or that possible NFS Movie?
Hmm, maybe the discussion about the movie isn't REALLY ABOUT making a movie at all, but instead making the cutscenes and storyline and stuff for the game. The game itself could end up having professional, movie-like cutscenes and stuff...
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

RedCarDriver wrote:The game itself could end up having professional, movie-like cutscenes and stuff...
You mean like in the LAST 3? (Well, not ProStreet but still...)

Actually, I have a question... Normally we'd find out about games in their planning stages, or near-so. How are we letting '09s release slide under our noses?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Carcrazy wrote:
RedCarDriver wrote:The game itself could end up having professional, movie-like cutscenes and stuff...
You mean like in the LAST 3? (Well, not ProStreet but still...)

Actually, I have a question... Normally we'd find out about games in their planning stages, or near-so. How are we letting '09s release slide under our noses?
Who knows? Nowadays companies say a thing and then they at certain time they say another thing lol

This is how it works, it's marketing :wink:

EDIT: At the Undercover section here in NFSu, I've found a guy wh is saying the following:
FROM jordunk
Hi im jordunk found a very interesting tidbit i wanted to share since you are my favorite nfs site i was searchn across the web and came aross this
Re: Need for Speed 2008 (Unofficial Title)
Post by oilersguru on Apr 10, 2008, 7:04pm

This is the story they just sent me.
also with two alternative names now. The Chase Down and Pursuit. and then asking me which one of the names the story best fits the title.

The FBI sends you, a new-to-the-force local undercover cop to infiltrate and takedown international car smuggling ring run by a Vietnamese crime boss named Dung Ha.

Working together with the help of your Federal handler, Chase Linh a sexy femme fatale, you soar through the streets building your reputation as an independent wheelman making money off of street races and no questions asked criminal jobs for local gangs in order to be recruited by Dung Ha.

As you get deeper into the scene, you begin to fall for an exotic street racer, Carmen Mendez, who helps you to see that this is all a setup so that Chase can steal one of Dun Ha%u2019s valuable shipments.

the krazy thing is the date is april 10th 2008 and we jus recently found out that christina millian will be playing carmen mendez yet this person knew this since april way before ea released a single thing the source is [link] carmen in nfs undercover&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us if you want check validity but wow this is big a story outline before 7/30/08
I really don't know if that's true. At least it matches (what i've said there also) with my theorie about the conspiracy thing and that you're playing a cop this time, and then it turns that you are a "tool" for all the conspiracy.

Just to be clear, I think we need proofs that this indeed is true. But if this is true..it sounds like it could have an awesome storyline.
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

If the title's name is undercover - the story line fits perfectly. Even the April 2009 release date could make sense. Keeping in mind that we usually get a confirmation of the games in May, and now we are in almost August, it could be that EA are taking more time. Even Riccitello said that he wasn't happy with how things went in the past NFS. These companies spend millions to do a single game and they expect to get back hugh revenues. Maybe EA is gonna play safe and work more on the game to give us a blockbuster.

As regards to what we have been hearing - I think it would do a great game. However than one has to see everything - what races will the game have, what cars, what customisation options. NFS doesn't need a great story line, but Great racing. If you want a story line, get another game. Racing games have one purpose - RACE!!
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Found on gametrailers right now this trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37658.html so i guess it's the trailer :D
Explicit signature removed.
shadhardy
Stock
Stock

NFS UnDeRCoVeR

Post by shadhardy »

Go to "" http://whichroadtotake.com/assets/swf/t ... 7369703421 ""
you will find a swf file which contain a name " MEKANISM "

Mekanism is a San Francisco based production studio housing film, animation & interactive content creators. We sprinkle our love of good storytelling on commercials, viral campaigns and branded entertainment to inspire measurable brand loyalty

elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Another most wanted or not, NFS undercover will take nfs series to a new level !! =D>
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
dani1
Stock
Stock

Post by dani1 »

In this trailer cars are don`t tuned..;( This game will be like Most wanted or Hot purusiut 2
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

I don't think EA will have uncustomizable cars. :|
shadhardy
Stock
Stock

Post by shadhardy »

Guys i found something for you. The answer is YES, WHICH ROAD TO TAKE? = NFS UNDERCOVER.

Now lets see why.

1-At the end of the trailer, the official website is indicated, leading to a page where we can see a video on wich we can click on
some elements. www.whichroadtotake.com. Click to close the room lights in order to be able to see the official trailer on the website.

2- Click on the calendar to see the official release date. Then look at the camera timer. It appears to be a coundown until the next
game convention when all the game details will be revelated (so first detail IT'S A GAME and not a MOVIE.).

3- The girls appearing in the video when you click both on the camera on the upper left corner of the screen and the object at the opposite corner (revealing a micro
under the table that you'll be able to click on to reveal a new video) are coming directly from the nfs franchise, but this can't confirm the fact that it is the next nfs.

4- Now click on the door and WAIT. Someone will try to enter, then a character will pick up an hidden bag to offer some chinese stuffs to eat to the other one. When the bag is on the table, click on it to reveal a secret message on wich it is writen : ..A desire for acceleration leads to an altered identidy 86 33 72 68 37. Someone found that that code appears to form ''undercover'' on a cellphone keypad (english version), wich obviously tell us that the trailer is coming from NFS UNDERCOVER. :twisted:

5- Some people say that we'll be able to use weapons in undercover. is it right I don't know I let you dream about that.
:)
shadhardy
Stock
Stock

Post by shadhardy »

This game will feature a stronger storyline, with the atmosphere of movies such as The Transporter.
I fink it will become the neXt legend after NFS underground 2 & NFS Most Wanted

Which road to take???
NFS UNDERCOVER
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Sorry guys if I'm too harsh on you, but ALL of you guys are posting old news

All that is now a fact and not speculation.

Any NEW ideas or info? :roll:
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

xturbo wrote:Sorry guys if I'm too harsh on you, but ALL of you guys are posting old news

All that is now a fact and not speculation.

Any NEW ideas or info? :roll:

Agree'd.

And shadhardy, there is an EDIT Button if you want to edit your post. :wink:
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

shadhardy wrote:This game will feature a stronger storyline, with the atmosphere of movies such as The Transporter.
I fink it will become the neXt legend after NFS underground 2 & NFS Most Wanted

Which road to take???
NFS UNDERCOVER
Another guy who thinks U2 was a succes :roll:
THe real reason we should think this is from Undercover is that Gametrailers posted the trailer with the title of the game
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Haha, I got 'Tmepamtdp' typing it in my phone. :lol:

Anyway, I got freakin' chills when I say that on GT. But, uh, since when do we seriously have guns in NFS? :?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

EvoMaster wrote:
shadhardy wrote:.....
Another guy who thinks U2 was a succes :roll:

My tought exactly,
If he said Underground and Most Wanted I would agree, but U2 wasn't nearly as good as the original Underground, sure if you are a utter ricer it was the perfect game for you, cause you can max out your car with loads of useless sh*te, that had nothing to do with racing (hydrolics, spinners etc)
Sure it had some good things/ improvements over U1, like a free road system and more cars and things like that.
But it also lacked alot of good things that the first Underground DID have, like a decent and original storyline (everything after NFS U was just a copy of the same story with a small twist) Underground 1 had very good tracks where U2 did really have good tracks that where fun to race on and, all that because the whole city was build on the Free road system and the tracks where basicly a point to point system build in the free world, where U1 had designed tracks with the "world/city build around it.
And U2's online system was worthless compared to that of U1. the whole big room system in U1 was working brillaint, and it had a big community.

That's enough about U2.

Let's go back to Under....cover

I really really hope it's about racing and doesn't get a GTA feel to it (with or without guns) cause if EA does that I really leave the franchise.
NFS is a racing game, not a criminal/ mafia game with cars in it.

Return to “News”