Grip Evo9 Stage 4 parts uncontollable

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
NFSpeeds Truestar
Ricer
Ricer

Grip Evo9 Stage 4 parts uncontollable

Post by NFSpeeds Truestar »

MY Evo 9 drives really crapy does anyone no how to tune it for grip
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Grip Evo9 Stage 4 parts uncontollable

Post by RedCarDriver »

NFSpeeds Truestar wrote:MY Evo 9 drives really crapy does anyone no how to tune it for grip
I'm going to refer you to my standard ProStreet Grip tuning guide:
RedCarDriver wrote: Suspension
Shocks and Springs:
LEAVE THE SPRINGS AND SHOCKS ALONE FIRST - they are best in the middle in almost all cases. If you are willing to spend time tuning these, try fiddling with them (I can't help you if you do, and it usually will make your car handle worse - but there are probably cases where it might help or at least not hurt).

Tires:
For most RWD cars, make the front tires fully soft (low pressure) and the back hard.
For 4WD cars and some RWD (tends to be the lighter ones - check both settings with all cars), make both the front and back ones fully soft / low pressure.
I'll have to check for FWD cars - I think I use the same setup as the RWDs.

Roll Bars:
For most RWD cars (same as tires ones), make the front one really soft and the back one hard.
For 4WD cars and the same RWD ones, make both really hard.
Again, I'll have to check for FWD; I'm pretty sure (more sure than about the tires) I use the same setup as the RWDs.

Toe, Camber, Caster:
For most cars, these are fine left as-is. Some cars that perform really poorly, such as the Camaro Concept, require a bit of help here - make Toe fully on one end (can't remember which) and Caster on the other (try both settings).

Steering Sensitivity - adjust to taste; most cars do best with full "tight", some do best with full-"loose".

Engine
This setup is basically the same for all cars - make both Boost settings fully to the right, as well as the last nitrous setting (I leave the first nitrous setting neutral but I think this is a matter of personal preference as Jeff seems to recommend making this one full-right). The only thing that you may want to tweak is the cam timing - I can't honestly tell you how to tune this as it is different for every car; it's a matter of trial and error.

Drivetrain
Ahh, this bit is tricky. For most cars it is fine left alone; some need help getting to 250 or accelerating out of turns. This one, like Cam Timing, depends on the individual car.

Brakes
Mostly foolproof - both Response sliders fully right (full response), top slider (brake balance) fully to the left (towards the front).
This may not be 100% optimal all of the time. Also try Jeff's tuning guide:
jeffareid wrote:Tires - setting both front and rear to far left (low pressure) results in the fastest lap times in grip mode. The only time I deviate from this is in the case of the Ford GT, where leaving rear pressure full left, but having front pressure at zero (in the middle) will make the Ford GT easier to drive on some tracks, like the Tokyo tracks. It's a case of increasing stability and consistency for a slight decrease in best possible lap time. High pressures are good (or at least should be good) for speed mode, and possibly the Texas Oval.

Suspension - Changing any of these from defaults has almost no effect or results in slower lap times. I use low ride height in the Ford GT, hoping that it keep it from rolling in tight turns. Leaving ride height at zero or setting it to +10 will help at high speed bumpy tracks like Texas Oval. Adjusting tire pressures works better than messing with anti-roll bars (adjusting anti-roll bars affects handling, but almost always increases lap times).

Drive train - For grip or speed rear wheel drive cars that have tire spin issues, I set 1st +10, 2nd +6, 3rd +2, 4th -2, 5th -6, 6th -10, and final for the range of tracks to be driven. The Ford GT doesn't spin the rear tires, and neither do the all wheel drive cars so I usually leave the gearing alone unless there's a big rpm change between gears (like the Lotus Elise from 4th to 5th if I remember correctly). For drag mode it's car and stage specific.

Boost and nitrous - I set all to far right. It may not be optimal, but it just doesn't make any difference.

Cam Timing - I don't see any significant effect on a PC, other that it reduces the shown horsepower.

Return to “Help & Support”