Physics And Maneuvers in Undercover

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Physics And Maneuvers in Undercover

Post by TONTO89 »

haha I think the handling looks cool
even if its not realistic that doesn't bother me because I don't play the NFS series for realism
if i want realism I play Forza

so glad we have control over the nitrous bursts again! I stopped using nitrous in prostreet except for drag racing coz it always put me into the wall lol
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Stingray24 wrote:I'll take NFS any day of the week. Own every title and don't plan on missing the fun in this one. If NFS was a simulator, very few would have fun playing. No way a real car could put up w/ the abuse of busting through obstacles while running from the police. The gameplay demands a mix of the realistic and unrealistic, so I'm getting a little bored of hearing people yammering on about how crap the handling/physics are based on a couple minutes of one video.
May I say something? THANK YOU! You are my hero! Stingray24, you are WIN.

People, if NFS was actually a simulator, it would be ripping off Gran Turismo in the WORST way. I'm actually glad the handling isn't realistic. Why? Because if an NFS game had realistic handling and the one after it didn't, they'd never shut up about it! All the while, fantasy gameplay sounds much better.

If you want realism, go play Forza or GRID. Let me be with my fantasy NFS games is all I ask.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:[
People, if NFS was actually a simulator, it would be ripping off Gran Turismo in the WORST way. I'm actually glad the handling isn't realistic. Why? Because if an NFS game had realistic handling and the one after it didn't, they'd never shut up about it! All the while, fantasy gameplay sounds much better.

If you want realism, go play Forza or GRID. Let me be with my fantasy NFS games is all I ask.
I think some of you are getting things wrong. At least in my opinion, I don't want to see a NFS game as a simulator game. No way! Need For Speed is being, over the years, an arcade game, and that's what is more cool on it. I did hate ProStreet's handling... really, trying to curve on some circuits was a pain in the ass, even with a good wheel.

But after what I saw on that video, the handling is just too arcade! Of course I'll try this game out, and I hope to have a long time of fun with it, as I did with almost all the NFS games (I play since Porsche Unleashed). And it's not a 6 minute video that will take away my will to play it. I'm just somehow disapointed, because it really looked too arcade. I would love to have back Most Wanted handling. It was perfect in my opinion, and since this game is similar do MW (thank god it is - I can't wait to get a Shelby GT500 Eleanor and ride through the highway at high speed being chased by cops :D) am equal handling would be great.

Anyway, I'm waiting for it to come out, and I damn hope the handling is different than the one showed on that video.

PS: Race Driver GRID is not simulation :P.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Andre_online wrote:I have been waiting for this. Is it just me or am I the only one who isn't buying this at all? :?
Last NFS game I "Bought" was HP2. We are in the same boat. :P
korge
Stingray24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stingray24 »

Torrent? Pfffff. Get a job and quit being a loser that steals games.
zdravkelja
Ricer
Ricer

Post by zdravkelja »

Of course we don't want to see NFS being a ultra realistic simulator, but that in the video... There is no need for brake. It's like little remote controlled cars.
And that double tap brake thing.... Stupid. Very, very stupid. Fortunate, we don't have to use it. :mrgreen:

The best handling was in Most Wanted, they just needed to improve it.
BASGTA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BASGTA »

That looked really, really arcade-like. He didn't even drift, he did a powerslide. When he turned around that corner you could tell the back of the car just randomly kicked out.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Stingray24 wrote:Torrent? Pfffff. Get a job and quit being a loser that steals games.
Gtfo. If you can be that easily manipulated by EAs advertising every year to buy their garbage, Im willing you bet you'd proudly vote for Obama as well. Little minds easily swayed by pretty colors.

And I dont torrent you moron. I own a 360/PS2 and rented the games. The games were never worth 60 USD so I never bought their games. You truly are a prick.

Just one more reason I despise what NFS has become... A game that sells to the "E" children. :roll:

I still say GRID and TDU should be more like what EA should be making. They keep trying to make their games like corny television dramas...
korge
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

Video looks cool overall, maybe too arcady but its worth it imo.

Sounds like people dont like it because it went all aracdy.
People who dont like it will regret it when they wont buy it, while people WHO do like it will have fun racing like what the series is meant to be.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

korge wrote:
Stingray24 wrote:Torrent? Pfffff. Get a job and quit being a loser that steals games.
Gtfo. If you can be that easily manipulated by EAs advertising every year to buy their garbage, Im willing you bet you'd proudly vote for Obama as well. Little minds easily swayed by pretty colors.

And I dont torrent you moron. I own a 360/PS2 and rented the games. The games were never worth 60 USD so I never bought their games. You truly are a prick.

Just one more reason I despise what NFS has become... A game that sells to the "E" children. :roll:

I still say GRID and TDU should be more like what EA should be making. They keep trying to make their games like corny television dramas...
Question: What in the blue hell does Obama have to do with NFS? Mind telling me at all?
This is an NFS discussion, not a freaking presidential debate. [-X
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Stingray24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stingray24 »

korge wrote:

Oh, I hit a nerve did I? :P I love the NFS series and will own every title because they're always fun to play. If you think that's being manipulated, that's your prerogative. Go ahead and be an "E" activist and fight against the control! =D>

Apologies for the torrent assumption, but most of the NFS fan base is on PC. What else is someone to glean from "bought" if you don't say anything about you being on console (ew, yuck). The 360/PS2 was never worth the money either, so I come out ahead on that one. :lol:

I'll leave political assumptions to you.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Hey, you're not the only one. The only NFS game I errmm "bought" was NFS III (Waiting for massive lash-out from NFS fanboys)
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

i is a nfs fanboi and i is giving you lashes! :lol:
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

A higher quality version is available in our videos section:
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/undercover/videos
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I felt like the guy was playing Burnout paradise, same sense of speed...same handling.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

To Everyone : plz stop fighting about Undercover !! :? Wait until the game comes out, rent it or buy it and then judge it ok !! :wink: thanks :mrgreen:
Last edited by elie8 on 27 Oct 2008, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Bojan: That Video in the videos section has the same bad quality!! it's barely watchable !! damn !! isn't there something better !! :?
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

You think you could do better Elie8? If not, just keep it down and be thankful that there's 'someone' who constantly updates this site as much as he can just to please people like you, and yet here you are complain' away. Just... take it easy, 'aight? :P

As far as I can see, no one else is complainin' about the video quality. :)
korge wrote:

Haha! Chill Korge... chill. :)

I've seen you long enough here to know how you're like, and I don't want to see another disappearance act from you after the recent events that happened a couple of years back. :)

Stingray24, you really need to stop basing assumptions on statements made. It's bad enough that you already assumed. Obviously you're quite oblivious to what has been discussed here within the last 12 hours.
the_lonely_lion
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by the_lonely_lion »

elie8 wrote:To Everyone : plz stop fighting about Undercover !! :? Wait until the game comes out, rent it or buy it and then judge it ok !! :wink: thanks :mrgreen:
elie8 is right wait until it comes out, rent it then judge it you all are wasting time fighting over something that has not even hit the market, as for me i am buying it no matter what :D :D
lion is my name racing is my game
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by oumysoft »

I'll reserve judgement on the handelling, but for what they are trying to achieve i think doing a nice job (j-turns, 360 manouvers, instant reverse) tho the drifting seemed abit off.
Some parts in the video seems like the car is no rails (not a good thing) but other parts seems more towards most wanted which i think is the best recent nfs games in terms of gameplay.

the worst game in terms of handleing has got to be hot pursuit 2 (PC version), Underground 2 comes a close second.
i didnt mind prostreet's handleing (except drifting which i think shouldve been like GRID's model)
Most Wanted's handelling i believe was very good but not the best (the best game in turms of handelling has got to be hot pursuit 2 (ps2 version) - i wish such a game came to the pc :(
I also like the drift and touge mechanics from carbon (theres nothing like the over the top drifting in that game which beats the slow drifting from both undergrounds and the slight camera tilt when ur about to fall of the cliff in touge just gives that extra white knuckle feeling)
best games from classic need for speed has got to be porsche 2000 (PC version) and high stakes (PSX version - PC version SUCKED)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

elie8 wrote:Bojan: That Video in the videos section has the same bad quality!! it's barely watchable !! damn !! isn't there something better !! :?
Tried the high quality one?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

korge wrote: Gtfo. If you can be that easily manipulated by EAs advertising every year to buy their garbage, Im willing you bet you'd proudly vote for Obama as well. Little minds easily swayed by pretty colors.

I think you are the one who needs to chill out a bit.

I don't want to see any politics used in any discussion or I'll have to remove you from the site till after the elections are over.
I don't care if you are frustrated about the current election polls, but don't take it out on other people here in the forum.
Stingray24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stingray24 »

Andre_online wrote:Stingray24, you really need to stop basing assumptions on statements made. It's bad enough that you already assumed. Obviously you're quite oblivious to what has been discussed here within the last 12 hours.
This is a forum, what else do we have to go on besides "statements made"? :lol:
Dunko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dunko »

You know, you do have to wonder how many people here can honestly say the physics are too arcade. I doubt anyone has ever gone ripping through their city streets at 120+ mph.

Not saying that wouldn't be fun, though...
eat, sleep, race
steve30x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by steve30x »

Dunko wrote:You know, you do have to wonder how many people here can honestly say the physics are too arcade. I doubt anyone has ever gone ripping through their city streets at 120+ mph.

Not saying that wouldn't be fun, though...
Wonder how the human body would cope with the handling in that video? We dont want total realism but I would like the handling to not be like the car is on rails

Return to “News”