Today's Car: '06 Ford Focus ST

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Today's Car: '06 Ford Focus ST

Post by TONTO89 »

TheStig wrote:Well it's not really unique, it's been in Pro Street :wink:

But in real life the Focus ST is a very good hatchback, it's got a great performance and sound (thanks to Volvo's T5 engine)
And it's a hell of a lot better then the US Focus :wink:
lol its true, the focuses over here suck
I saw this version for the first time on pro-street and I was like when did they start making a good looking focus??
too bad they don't have these over here :)
Evil Kid Weaselmush
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Evil Kid Weaselmush »

2008 Renault Megane Coupe has been released. ( :roll: :roll: :roll: )
bluestreak908
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by bluestreak908 »

bleah. 48k for an UGLY car? besides, the rx8 is cheaper, looks better, and probly performs better too. im not sure about u guys but i think its kinda weird and funny that they put these wb kits on these weak cars to make them look like serious race machines. i really wish they'd give us classic exotics like the ferrari dino (which is a true tier 1 exotic unlike the dumb alfo brera thats in carbon. then give us the lambo miura (old one, not the new concept) for tier 2 and the lamborghini diablo and ferrari f50 for tier 3 instead of all these wannabe american tuners like the solstice and the focus
ok sorry for going off topic; thats the end of my rant :twisted:

edit: sorry i didn't realize that its the better looking european car, but i think its still not that gr8
TUNERS ROCK!!!
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

People need to learn to appreciate cars like the Focus/Megane more. Not every car on the list is going to be like a frickin' Ferrari.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

TheNoobofFerraris wrote:People need to learn to appreciate cars like the Focus/Megane more. Not every car on the list is going to be like a frickin' Ferrari.
Focus, mazda 3s and megan are shopping trolleys though... in that case... why don't they have corrolas and Hyundai accents. Seriously... I don't want the race your parents may drive, or you can get yourself... we need more affordable sportscars like Silvias, cheaper supras, because they are now, R32 skylines, soarers, older evos, WRXs. If the solstice is at 25,000, that's what I'm talking about! Half the price of the Focus and a hell of a lot better. I'm not asking for a Ferrari, just a more desirable entry-level list.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Well here is the difference in locations: I prefer a Renault Megane or a Focus ST over all those cars you mentioned. The euro cars for european players, american cars for american players, asian cars for asian players etc.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Haha! Not exactly.. I'm 100% Asian and the only Asian manufacturer brands I use since Most Wanted are Mitsubishi and Nissan. Most of the time I'm using a European car. :P
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Well I was generalizing a bit too much ;)
The point stands though. European tuner culture is more focused on the euro cars and japanese are not nearly as popular here. One thing is to have all the cars in the world in the game (which of course will never happen), or just take a few out of each region and hope it satisfies most of the players.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Lol, we don't get the Solstice here... but it seems cool... and I want an mx5 in there, lol. I'm about cheap thrills, lol. Affordable supercars.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I really want a Citroen C4 :)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Oh my! I completely forgot about that car! Having the C4 would be a great addition! :)
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

I was kind of wishing for the '99 Eclipse, though I knew the performance figures didn't match.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

baumaxx1 wrote:
TheNoobofFerraris wrote:People need to learn to appreciate cars like the Focus/Megane more. Not every car on the list is going to be like a frickin' Ferrari.
Focus, mazda 3s and megan are shopping trolleys though... in that case... why don't they have corrolas and Hyundai accents. Seriously... I don't want the race your parents may drive, or you can get yourself... we need more affordable sportscars like Silvias, cheaper supras, because they are now, R32 skylines, soarers, older evos, WRXs. If the solstice is at 25,000, that's what I'm talking about! Half the price of the Focus and a hell of a lot better. I'm not asking for a Ferrari, just a more desirable entry-level list.
You have no clue on the performance of a Focus ST do you, It's a very good Hot Hatch, very well balanced, nice amount of power for a FWD car and a good suspension setup.
It did some pretty respecteble laptimes for a hatchback, beating cars like Golf R32, M5 (E39), S2000, Porsche Boxster S on the Ring.
IMO Undercover needs to have some decent hatchbacks, if only to get some decent starter cars.
And like Bojan said the European market wants some Hot Hatches in the game.

And please don't call the Focus ST (or a Focus RS for that matter) a American Tuner, even if it has a Ford Badge, it's not a American car, the Focus was designed in Europe from the start, and later on came with some changes to the US, only the last gen US version is a completely different version from the European car.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah it's a good car from the factory, but it's also pricey for what is a tuned hatchback. It'll probably work out to be good in a game like NFS... but I miss an option of getting an R32 GTR for 20,000 and then tuning it a bit to wipe all the cars off the map, lol. :) What I'm saying is there's a lack of affordable, fun performance oriented cars nowdays, and they usually are just up-spec lower end models... like a Ralliart colt or a Focus XR5. But ultimately... you get better bang for buck taking an older sports car, such as an older skyline, and tuning it up a bit and bringing it up to the price of that Focus. You see... I'm the modifying type.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Sure you are right about EA's pricing, cause cars like the focus and other hatchbacks are way to expensive in the game, I mean 65.000 for a Megane (where in real life it will be something like 25.000)
The list in general should have had more cars from the 90's, but he as always EA decided that they only pick the latest version of a car (preferred ones that just came out...and not cars with a history)
supervolvo240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

Well i think the North American focus looks good like this...

http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto-news ... e-rear.jpg
(North American Ford Focus SES Coupe)

And don't say that its been modified because this is stock from Ford (if you buy the "sport apperance package"

I like them both but the Euopean ST is definately the best choice considering there is no actuall North American sport model.
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

The North American Focus is a disgusting, mutated, hideous excuse for a car compared to the Euro version. And you know what's really sad, it's actually selling well.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

supervolvo240 wrote:Well i think the North American focus looks good like this...

That car seriously needs medication. It looks like its got a disease or something.. That's a Focus?? :shock:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Andre_online wrote:
supervolvo240 wrote:Well i think the North American focus looks good like this...

That car seriously needs medication. It looks like its got a disease or something.. That's a Focus?? :shock:
It's gross.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I seen the US sedan version and thought it was boring, but this Coupe version is just plain disgusting :oops:
It looks like a cheap Chinese car or any other super cheap car.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

It's just that I've made sleeker cars from lego... Too blocky, but they try to make it curvy.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Andre_online wrote:That car seriously needs medication. It looks like its got a disease or something.. That's a Focus?? :shock:
Yep, a cyniade pill.
Seen a few on the road up in Vancouver and they do not look any better in real life...
supervolvo240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

The price of being a Ford fan ...
...abuse and ridicule. :(

Maybe someday that will change.

Anybody like the MKS?

(This may be off-topic and i may regret mentioning another Ford product)
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

supervolvo240 wrote:The price of being a Ford fan ...
...abuse and ridicule. :(

Maybe someday that will change.

Anybody like the MKS?

(This may be off-topic and i may regret mentioning another Ford product)
I like the FPV Fords down under... FPV GT :wink:

Return to “News”