FRUSTRATED WITH RECENT NFS SERIES!

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
Jem7V
Ricer
Ricer

FRUSTRATED WITH RECENT NFS SERIES!

Post by Jem7V »

yes i am now very very frustrated with the recent Need For Speed series that has been coming out ..
a lot of people will probably hate me for this, but i know a lot would also agree with what i have to say.
people that would agree with me are for sure those who hates "RICEY" cars. anyways this is just my personal opinion.
i hope EA reads this because my heart goes out also to those gamers who want a decent racing game. especially for the PC. lots of gamers feel bad because EA's ability to produce a nice racing game is really going down the pits.

btw, i love tuners .. im into real racing JDM cars. and TOTALLY not into cars that look like spaceships with ultra wierd looking bodykits

here's goes my story .. and my personal experience and opinion.

it all started with NFS: underground 1 .. i was amazed , surprised , and excited to have finally played a game where i can customize my car. rims, bodykits and all. but it didnt last long cuz i just found it wierd why the SAME SET OF BODYKITS can be put in another car ??? my civic and my skyline has the same looking bumpers ??? come on now!! those who understand me, THATS TOTAL RICE!

i also hated the game's catch up system .. gheez .. my skyline is bein beaten by a civic even if i drive the perfect racing line. totally unrealistic.

UNDERGROUND 2. same problem.it was only because of the game's free - roam that i got hooked. but still found it wierd because i found 80% of the same set of bodykits that i used in underground1 ??? cant you guys think of any design ?? you guys are paid hundreds and thousands of dollars .. theres a lot of car tuning magazines that you can have as reference .. but still come up with the same set of rims and bodykits. wierd.

Most Wanted: things got better. still has the free roam but with better graphics. this game was ok. felt the game improved a lot. i just hated still THE STUPID cATCH UP SYSTEM. this is really really very unrealistic. yes i know this is a game but its just unfair that you guys brag about the game having real life exotic cars but the gameplay is total fantasy. hahah! i also didnt like one small thing. if ur powerful car is in a stop position and u try to accelerate, it has this wierd burnout effect which causes my car to hardly move! there was one instance i just had to move a few meters just to get into safehouse. took me awhile to get there because my car kept doing burnouts. sure i know burnouts are cool... just know when to use them. ur goin inside ur house for christ's sake.

CARbon: this was a total joke. first thing i hated, the girl enemy who ruled the muscle car group. man she's ugly. why not put a hotter looking chick ?? the leading lady was cute. next, the drifting .. wahahahah! as i enter drift mode my car suddenly feels super drifty! wahahah! dont know how to call but its just that my car feels diiferent as i enter drift races. TOTALLY UNREALISTIC AND WIERD! i also hate the wierd burnout effect that i experienced in most wanted. ghheeezz .. underground 2 didnt have this. car control was ok in underground 2.

also, i did an experiment. after finishing the game, i tried to play again but this time cheated at the very beginning of the game. first car used was the Rx8 .. my enemies were all using cars from the lowest tier. tier 1. then i cheat. instantly got the EVO. then voila! enemies now using tier2 cars!! WTF ???

another thing i hate, as my car goes fast as the game progresses, the enemies go much faster! so whats the point in earning my money and upgrading my car ??

i believe i earn money to upgrade my car for me to easier beat my enemies. just like in GRAN TURISMO. totally unfair where my murcielago is easily being FOLLOWED by a mazda 3..

now i have talked about the 4 series. and one thing bothers me again...

WHY THE HELL DOES THE 4 SERIES OF GAMES HAVE THE SAME SET OF WIERD LOOKING BODYKITS AND BUMPERS?!?!?!
CANT U GUYS IN EA THINK OF ANOTHER DESIGN >???
ARENT U GUYS ASHAMED THAT U HAVE BRAGGIN AT THE SAME SET OF BODYKITS ?? SPOILERS ?? ROOFSCOOPS AND HOODS??

I PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME I EXPECT A DIFFERENT AND NEW THINGS TO SEE! I DONT WANA USE THE BUMPER I USED IN UNDERGROUND 2!

PROSTREET: this was OK. better looking graphics, noi more stupid catch up ( yes this is much better ) i JUST HATED THAT I ONCE AGAIN SAW THE SAME BODYKITS from the previous NFS SERIES! PLAIN PLAIN STUPID! AND WHY IS IT THAT I CAN AGAIN SEE THAT MY SKYLINE AND MY CIVIC HAS THE SAME LOOKING SET OF BUMPERS ???

AND WHY IS IT that in this game, i cannot change my mufflers if i use stock bodykits ?? what i total JOKE!

DO U GUYS AT EA KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TUNING CARS ??? or ARE YOU JUST TRYING TO PROVE TO US THAT U ARE REALLY RICE BOYS??

in fairness, car control in prostreet is OK.
BUT I ALSO CANT IMAGINE WHY version 1.1 is locked to 30FPS ??? very unfair to those people who have Graphic cards like the 4870x2 where they can run CRYSIS at ultra high settings running at 50 - 60 FPS. this is BS.

overall, based on my observations, each NFS game has its good qualities ..

NOW WHY CANT EA JUST CREATE AN NFS GAME where they can jsut combine all the good qualities??

UNDERGROUND SUCKED, UNDERGROUND 2 SUCKED, MOST WANTED NEAR SUCKED, CARBON SUCKED, PROSTREET SUCKED.

gheez EA .. thats a good sucking streak for you!

UNDERCOVER IS ABOUT TO COME OUT TOMORROW , LETS SEE WHAT YOU HAVE IN STORE FOR US, but based on what i read about the game, i think its about to suck too .. regardless of the good graphics.

in fairness your Game has qualities which i like which i ddidnt find in other games, which is the CAR CUSTOMIZATION.

what i want is simple ... GRAN TURISMO's CARs and realism and gameplay combined with NFS CUSTOMIZATION... but not the "RICEY" way of customizaton ..

thanks for reading .. i dint mean to bash people. i just believe a lot would agree with i just said.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: FRUSTRATED WITH RECENT NFS SERIES!

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Not with the temper you had....
Jem7V
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jem7V »

sorry for the bad temper .. just frustrated with EA .. :(

i cant understand why people keep complaining to them the same problems they encountered eversince underground1 ..

now comes undercover .. but it seems they dont listen to us consumers :(
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Well they're obviously not going to listen. They're pretty ignorant, those EA peeps...
Jem7V
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jem7V »

to be honest im just sad ..

sad because there's seems to be no decent racing game for the PC

in 360 theres forza 2 ..

in ps3 theres gt 5 ..

ThE PC has proven to really match or even surpass consoles like 360 and ps3 in terms of graphics .. PC has test drive unlimited with really good graphics .. but it really lacks in car modifications .. its pretty boring if ur driving ur car stock. i am right ... right >?

we have GRID .. really good gameplay and graphics .. but i found it once again boring not being able to modify the looks of my car the way i want it.

here's a surething to happen il bet my car on this.

add a car customization option in GRID .. complete with paint jobs, rims and rims sizes, bodykits ( not ricey bodykits but real racing bodykits ), upgradable engines and suspensions( ala gran turismo )

and for sure this game will be a sure hit!

this i am sure because on what i have read on many forums, this is what people want. for sure this is what i want to.

now why cant EA see this ? :(

EA doesnt suck .. hell they made DEAD SPACE really good ..
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

It's simple. PC is not a gaming platform anymore. PC game sales are low because of a small amount of high end machines out there and because of booming piracy. Buy a console.
Jem7V
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jem7V »

i dont want a console for some reasons

most games i play are FPS games and strategy games // waiting for starcraft 2 and diablo 3 .. and i believe the best way to play these games are via keyboard and mouse :)

plus .. PCs are way much better when it comes to graphics :)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

You said it yourself: PC is for FPS and RTS games and consoles are for everything else, including racing games. Not to mention a next gen console costs less than a high end gfx card (which you have to replace at least every 2 years to have the graphics you claim are better).
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Jem7V wrote:i dont want a console for some reasons

most games i play are FPS games and strategy games // waiting for starcraft 2 and diablo 3 .. and i believe the best way to play these games are via keyboard and mouse :)

plus .. PCs are way much better when it comes to graphics :)
Yes but....

For a racing game its a bit different, because the keyboard is....um.....what's the word....crap.

for arcade games, your best bet is a 360 or PS3 controller, but.....they're both 80 bucks, which is quite steep...

But for simulations, a steering wheel is best. And the cheapest DECENT steering wheel is something of the Logi Drving Force kind, which is at least $150. And then there's what Bojan said, which is, consoles = cheaper than the gfx card needed for games like NFS, Grid and the like. Racing games are generally optimised for consoles because of these basic reasons.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Whoa! What a rant.

After reading your rather 'concise' post, I really don't recommend you on getting Undercover. If you found ProStreet's handling just OK, wait til' you get your hands on Undercover and you'll see what I mean.

Undercover will be successful in sales definitely, with all the promos and big names involved. But in terms of game play, nothing significant has changed. It's commonly said that the beauty usually lies within. Instead, its beauty can only be exposed from the physical aspect of the game - the package.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

A wired 360 controller is only like 20 USD... :?
Bojan wrote:It's simple. PC is not a gaming platform anymore. PC game sales are low because of a small amount of high end machines out there and because of booming piracy. Buy a console.
Ever used STEAM? Its doing quite well for itself. I think it will be the last PC market standing. PC hard publishing will die. EA is the only major publisher refusing to sell its games on the STEAM marketplace. But no, PC gaming will never die.

Games like HL2 and Crysis that come out ahead of their time prove that. I bet you if Crysis were sold on Steam and not on shelves, there would have been far less piracy but meh. EA is a hag.
korge
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Actually I do have a steam account and I even bought one game there. EA has digital downloads as well so I don't see why they should use steam...
I didn't say PC gaming is going to die, which obviously will never happen - it will just shift over to different kind of gaming. The Sims, independent low budget games and the likes will be booming. Just expect there will be less and less big budget exclusives.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

They ported their battered Crysis onto Steam in hopes of reviving sales for the flagship title. I dont know if it worked, but I still read complaints concerning EA's Link. As far as Im concerned, EA is just hurting the consumers by not teaming with the Steam community.
korge
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

PC gaming era is near the end. like it or not, sure there are plenty of cool game still sold for the PC, but they are declining, and the amount of PC games sold is getting smaller and smaller (including the online sales)
The reasons are stated above by Bojan.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

TheStig wrote:PC gaming era is near the end. like it or not, sure there are plenty of cool game still sold for the PC, but they are declining, and the amount of PC games sold is getting smaller and smaller (including the online sales)
Unless you can back that up with sales statistics, I must say that that is a quite arrogant statement.

The Sims series would suck on console. Starcraft would suck on console. Valves shooters would (and do) suck on console. Strategy games would (and do) suck on console. And any full view FPS shooter in general (besides CoD4) sucks on console. Flight Sims would suck on console.

You are obviously not aware of the MASSIVE pc gaming community. Yes, Console sales are up, but obviously we dont buy a new pc every 4 years. We upgrade so to say sales are down is misleading. and IF what you say is true, graphics card sales would be in the gutter.... but as far as I can tell, they arent. sooooo

EDIT: Ever heard of Supply and Demand. If you truly are lead to believe that the demand for mid to high range pcs and games to play them on will die, you can reassure yourself that it WONT happen.

Here is an example of how it COULD. If ALL the companies went to Sony and MS and made a deal to ONLY release games on consoles. Other wise you will never see a decline in pc games. Its just nonsense. Where there is money and demand for pc gaming, there will be companies ready to provide. Its call capitalism. :wink: And Im pretty sure the number of PC gamers will remain large and competitive with the console market.
korge
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

korge wrote:
TheStig wrote:PC gaming era is near the end. like it or not, sure there are plenty of cool game still sold for the PC, but they are declining, and the amount of PC games sold is getting smaller and smaller (including the online sales)
Unless you can back that up with sales statistics, I must say that that is a quite arrogant statement.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50939
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/0 ... r-2006.htm

There you go, it wasn't that hard.

1.1b in 2004, 953mil in 2005, 970mil 2006 and 910mil 2007.
Percentage of video game sales the PC is getting is going down even more.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Bojan wrote:It's simple. PC is not a gaming platform anymore. PC game sales are low because of a small amount of high end machines out there and because of booming piracy. Buy a console.
Well the same goes for consoles, and tbh piracy is growing even more rapidly and consistently on the xbox360. The people who can pirate games on the Pc, will surely find a way to bring their menace to consoles. :wink:

The real reason is, like u said, its hard to maintain a high end Pc, and at the same time consoles are built exclusively for games, so people rather take the easy way out - buy a console and games for it.

Also, the reason why PC games sales have fallen is because of companies pushing consumers to consoles since a few years ago piracy on consoles was not a major issue.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

A $190 million drop in sales over the span of 3 years? Not bad considering the "dying and declining market." These are not individual unit sales. PC sales met $910.7 million in 2007. I'd say that is a pretty hefty chunk of change that companies want in on.
Remember that most figures dont take digital sales into account, something which is becoming popular thanks to Direct2Drive and Steam.

Also remember that at the time of this "sales timeline," this is all during the same time that next gen consoles were starting to kick off. If anything, this just proves that a lot more PC players are moving to the new consoles (like I have done).
Consider this. Those numbers represent a high point in sales in 2004 and are now settling down over time. Remember 2004 was an EXCELLENT year for the PC. Doom 3, Half-Life 2, and World of Warcraft? Yeah, so to say that by those numbers that eventually PC games will be non existent is :^o

Its common sense that the PC market is too large to fail only due to a rise in demand for Consoles. Sure, Consoles are mainstream and make gaming simpler for the companies but until all the companies simultaneously sign off the PC market there will be a PC market. (so if you actually read all that, Im saying PC gaming may eventually be done away with (not in your lifetime), but for now, Its here to stay for a good number of decades. so dont throw your graphics card away just yet.)
korge
Jem7V
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jem7V »

uhm, stay on topic please ? :)
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

[rant]

@ Steam: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm sorry that I sound mad about this (because I am), but Steam is the WORST thing to happen to PC game sales. All of the DRM software (Steam included, that's all it friggin' really is) IS THE WORST FREAKIN THING TO HAPPEN TO PC GAME SALES. It's ridiculously complicated for no reason, keeps you from playing the game when you want, and all in all just makes people want to switch to consoles to avoid the hassle.

Steam is, in a nutshell, a way of Valve ensuring that they'll get profits, at the expense of convenience for their users. "Oh, it won't bother them at all, especially if they can 'use their games on any computer'", says the huge company with insane internet bandwidth. Oh yeah, that too: You can't really play without an insanely fast internet connection or lots (hours) of time, because, with the exception of going into "offline mode" (which doesn't work well anyway), it always updates your games and tries to download ones you don't have installed.

All in all, I cannot express how much Steam utterly sucks.

[/rant]

Honestly, I can't imagine EVER buying an NFS game for a console. Consoles are ultimately limited by the fact that, well, they're just not PCs - they can never be as customizable as a PC, cannot be as versatile as a PC, and (in my experience) console games cannot be as easy to play as PC games - I can't really see the screen on most consoles ("Oh, yeah, go buy a new 24-inch flatscreen TV" - yeah, that's not gonna happen), the controllers are too hard to use for me, and I don't like having to run back and forth to access forums and play the game at the same time. (Not to mention that console games are usually really expensive.)

This isn't to say that I think console games aren't fun at all. Most Wii games are fun, but, for the most part, they're designed with the Wii's limitations and attributes in mind. Also, there are some games that I would buy if they were for PC (but they aren't), such as Tokyo Extreme Racer (PSone) and Forza Motorsport 2, but they're just not accessible to me.

On topic:
Although I disagree with most of your complaints with UG2 (IMO it is the best NFS so far), I agree with most of your points. EA's quality is definitely slipping. I've posted stuff about this on EA's forum, but (in typical EA fashion) they don't listen at all. I'm pretty disheartened at the moment, mostly with EA's (IMO) fairly brainless executives. I think EA's development team can make a good game but I don't think the decisions made by management have allowed them to do so (the whole "cranking out a game every year" obsession, setting aside cars for digital download, and other blatantly money-making-oriented decisions).
Jem7V
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jem7V »

REDCARDRIVER:

im sorry .. i guess ur right .. underground 2 has to be the most decent one ..

i mean the way the car handles is good ..

some things i didnt like though ..

the game forced me to pimp my ride to the highest level of RICE just so i can progress with the game :(

meaning i cant finish the game if my car looked stock.

so has anyone tried UNDERCOVER yet ? how is it ? :)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

RedCarDriver wrote:Honestly, I can't imagine EVER buying an NFS game for a console. Consoles are ultimately limited by the fact that, well, they're just not PCs - they can never be as customizable as a PC, cannot be as versatile as a PC, and (in my experience) console games cannot be as easy to play as PC games - I can't really see the screen on most consoles ("Oh, yeah, go buy a new 24-inch flatscreen TV" - yeah, that's not gonna happen), the controllers are too hard to use for me, and I don't like having to run back and forth to access forums and play the game at the same time. (Not to mention that console games are usually really expensive.)

This isn't to say that I think console games aren't fun at all. Most Wii games are fun, but, for the most part, they're designed with the Wii's limitations and attributes in mind. Also, there are some games that I would buy if they were for PC (but they aren't), such as Tokyo Extreme Racer (PSone) and Forza Motorsport 2, but they're just not accessible to me.
I absolutely agree. Not to mention all the cables and the installation we have to go through just to get the consoles up and running. It just adds more mess to my living room.

Given the option, I'd go get Project Gotham Racing series too if it were made for the PC.
You also wrote:On topic:
Although I disagree with most of your complaints with UG2 (IMO it is the best NFS so far), I agree with most of your points. EA's quality is definitely slipping. I've posted stuff about this on EA's forum, but (in typical EA fashion) they don't listen at all. I'm pretty disheartened at the moment, mostly with EA's (IMO) fairly brainless executives. I think EA's development team can make a good game but I don't think the decisions made by management have allowed them to do so (the whole "cranking out a game every year" obsession, setting aside cars for digital download, and other blatantly money-making-oriented decisions).
I agree EVEN more. As unpleasing as this may sound, it's definitely factual.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

i totally agree about "all the body kits looking the same for all cars"... it's just so limited...

most wanted made it a bit better especially on the exotic cars, but a LOT of their choices are BLOODY UGLY! especially the porsche carrera GT mods... AND the evo... i always go stock evo on any game because that's the best looking body kits... STOCK! only modifications i do to it are rims and even the spoilers, i keep the stock...

i quite liked carbon actually... the pursuits were fun, and other than the fact that the game was too short... could beat it in mere hours... it was like Most Wanted at night... and that's what i prefered... night racing > day racing... the part i didn't like about most wanted and hot pursuit 2...

i haven't really got to play pro street because i didn't have a good enough graphics card for it *another PC user here XD* but now that i do... undercover's out...

my fav so far is Underground 2, then comes Carbon then MW... the rest... mehh...

but yes, i agree with the fact the EA designers have no sense of design at all... 80% of their bodykits are UGLY AS HELL so that leaves me to ALL THE REST of my cars looking ALMOST exactly alike.

what i heard about Pro Street is that it's got a pretty good customization department, but i still need to try that out...

it does seem to be on a downhill...
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I passed up on getting Pro Street because it didn't appeal to me, I'll probably buy it used today with Undercover. I haven't been greatly excited about buying a NFS game since the Underground series.

Just a couple of things to say about the argument with Korge & Bojan.

World of Warcraft does not take a high end computer to play, it's one of many reasons why people including me are playing it.

I used to be a person who said that FPS were always supposed to be played on PC, but times change, and now I much rather play on a Console. You spend $400 for a Xbox 360 or PS3 and you don't have to worry about a new game and your PC not being able to handle it. 15 million people play on Xbox Live alone. Thats more than the 10 million that play on World of Warcraft. :D
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

2 Jem7V
A lot of us will agree with you, nope, atleast after you stated that Underground and Most Wanted sucked. IMO, the only who sucked here is you :P ...

P.S. I really, reeally didnt meant any harshness :lol:

Return to “Undercover”