Undercover Reviews Part 1

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Re: Undercover Reviews Part 1

Post by xturbo »

As I posted before, I didn't have any hope for this, so I'm glad I haven't spend a buck on Undercover...

If they ever release a patch (which I highly doubt) fixing all that stuff concerning the stuttering, lag and performance drop, also the lack of GFX (and that annoying hdr) I'll buy the game, but before...no sir.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

God, some of you people need to learn to separate FACTS from OPINIONS.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

TheNoobofFerraris wrote:God, some of you people need to learn to separate FACTS from OPINIONS.
FACT : Undercover's quality is sub-par to the current generation racing games and video games in general. There is no denying it.

OPINION : I think it flat out sucks and just looks like a mash up of Prostreet, Carbon, and Most Wanted. Most non-fanboys of this series will agree.
korge
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

TheNoobofFerraris wrote:God, some of you people need to learn to separate FACTS from OPINIONS.
#-o

What some hotshot reviewing site says (mostly IGN or GT in this case, not because they were negative, but because of de-bunkable BS) in their review is BY MO MEANS fact.

I'll leave opinions up to you guys. And no, I'm not acting or being a fanboy, so don't jump to that conclusion.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

Gamespot gave 70%, higher than i had expected.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

korge wrote:
FACT : Undercover's quality is sub-par to the current generation racing games and video games in general. There is no denying it.

OPINION : I think it flat out sucks and just looks like a mash up of Prostreet, Carbon, and Most Wanted. Most non-fanboys of this series will agree.

Glad you're on the right track.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Guys !!!! Plz spare me ok !!!! i'll tell what's the solution : EA must manifacture a NFS game for u guys (every person that's being negative !! :P :P) and then manifacture a game for the rest of the world !! :mrgreen: #-o #-o :wink:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Did you even think before making that post? It makes you sound rather ignorant.. It doesn't even remotely make any sense.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

hehe !! very funny ANDRE !! :P :P // you know what i'm gonna pretend that i didn't see any posting !! :wink: :lol:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

elie8 wrote:Guys !!!! Plz spare me ok !!!! i'll tell what's the solution : EA must manifacture a NFS game for u guys (every person that's being negative !! :P :P) and then manifacture a game for the rest of the world !! :mrgreen: #-o #-o :wink:
Actually, while I might not like seeing people just log onto this site and bash the game (respecting other's opinions), if EA actually did make a NFS game that the 'negative persons' could have a hand in making, it would probably be one of the best games in the series. Even if the dudes are bashing Undercover, it's only because most of the points they make are valid (to my dismay) and only wanted to play a good NFS game.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

@ korge: who said anything about paying?
(um... I borrowed from a friend.) 8-[

@ elie8:

...nevermind. :roll:
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

It's out of topic, but how can I take photos of my cars without hving to use photo mode and create an EA account? The F12 does not work...

Ahh, and great game, who cares about the bad reviews and it's not too buggy and with lots of frame rate problems on my 8600 GT(antialiassing 6x, shadows off, everything on and high =D> )
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

kostis1993 wrote:It's out of topic, but how can I take photos of my cars without hving to use photo mode and create an EA account? The F12 does not work...

Ahh, and great game, who cares about the bad reviews and it's not too buggy and with lots of frame rate problems on my 8600 GT(antialiassing 6x, shadows off, everything on and high =D> )
What's wrong with PhotoMode? BTW, if you're interested, there's a mod available that disables the text on the PhotoMode screen so you can just use PrintScreen and then paste into a photo editing program like Photoshop or GIMP.
supervolvo240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

I think people need to play the game more before they review it. Gametrailers and IGN complain how the solid barriers block cross traffic. Go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOuvrGl6 ... re=channel and go to time 2:36, a sivler wagon passes right through the barrier no problem at all. You'd think people who review games for a living would at least be semi-good at their jobs.
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

a lot of the things they said are redundant... and some stuff they said aren't exactly true...

no cross traffic? well not really crossing like in Underground original, but some of them DO turn unexpectedly and disappears into barriers blocking your way... and i've crashed onto countless numbers of them already ... and it's annoying

easy? well if you want to win... sure... if you want to dominate?!? HELL NO it ain't easy at all!

empty? well... this isn't GTA... and wasn't Most Wanted city empty? wasn't the Underground 2 city empty? wasn't Carbon city empty?!? tell me which one was quite lively in NFS series? it's ALWAYS been that way...
and PEDESTRIANS?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? since when was EA known to make "people" models?!? did you ever seen ANY EA Sports games' audience?!? they're a piece of PAPER! i'd MUCH rather NOT have any pedestrians than seeing pieces of paper walking around!

leveling system don't make sense? well do you take all meanings literally? of course you can't attach a forced induction onto yourself, but does it mean YOU get forced induction? NO you get the part unlocked! and ability to "overtune" it! which actually makes sense! because most other in the "leveling system"'s list are part names! and you can tune them!

the only 2 things they can complain about that are actually worthwhile to mention are the framerate/stuttering issues and the shadow issues... everything else? either redundant, irrelevant, or not important at all!
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

supervolvo240 wrote:I think people need to play the game more before they review it. Gametrailers and IGN complain how the solid barriers block cross traffic. Go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOuvrGl6 ... re=channel and go to time 2:36, a sivler wagon passes right through the barrier no problem at all. You'd think people who review games for a living would at least be semi-good at their jobs.
...which gives me the idea that IGN sucks. A better thing to do would be to complete the game 100% and THEN review it.
zedex wrote:a lot of the things they said are redundant... and some stuff they said aren't exactly true...

no cross traffic? well not really crossing like in Underground original, but some of them DO turn unexpectedly and disappears into barriers blocking your way... and i've crashed onto countless numbers of them already ... and it's annoying

easy? well if you want to win... sure... if you want to dominate?!? HELL NO it ain't easy at all!

empty? well... this isn't GTA... and wasn't Most Wanted city empty? wasn't the Underground 2 city empty? wasn't Carbon city empty?!? tell me which one was quite lively in NFS series? it's ALWAYS been that way...
and PEDESTRIANS?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? since when was EA known to make "people" models?!? did you ever seen ANY EA Sports games' audience?!? they're a piece of PAPER! i'd MUCH rather NOT have any pedestrians than seeing pieces of paper walking around!

leveling system don't make sense? well do you take all meanings literally? of course you can't attach a forced induction onto yourself, but does it mean YOU get forced induction? NO you get the part unlocked! and ability to "overtune" it! which actually makes sense! because most other in the "leveling system"'s list are part names! and you can tune them!

the only 2 things they can complain about that are actually worthwhile to mention are the framerate/stuttering issues and the shadow issues... everything else? either redundant, irrelevant, or not important at all!
Name something IGN fails to do on a consistent basis, and you said "review properly". Survey said... 200,000! NUMBER ONE ANSWER!

=; Seriously, the fact that IGN gave the game a 4.0/10 ALONE (when the game deserves a 6-7 AT MOST) is why they are fail served on a platter. I mean, come on, this game can't be any worse than Carbon, and Carbon IMO sucked a hard, throbbing one. But if it's a "professional" reviewing website doing the review, it'll be sold like girls with boots in December. ](*,)
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
DOM104
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DOM104 »

You know, i'm cool with the whole repeatof carbon & MW because i was hoping they wood do that. I was dreaming for better graphics and customization ever since I got it 2 yrs ago.
don't hate me cuz' i'm small, i got taste
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

ive noticed that in some of the lower reviews(gametrailers, ign etc.) bring up that midnight club is better and only midnight club. i sorta feel like midnight club (rockstar) is bribing game reviewers (more of the top ones) to say this game is bad. i don't own the game but ive played and is one of the best ive played.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

zedex wrote:a lot of the things they said are redundant... and some stuff they said aren't exactly true...

thats what i was thinking( at least u typed it instead of me :lol: ) u make a VERY good point
Instagram @SupraHKS
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

I'm really confused by all this. :?

One person says the score is like 8.0 out of 10, then the next dude says "epic firetruck fail" in the framerate department...

Can a patch really fix most of the technica problems? Because I think this racing series is down and out... :(
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

gearhead450 wrote: Can a patch really fix most of the technica problems? Because I think this racing series is down and out... :(
Somewhat, but dont get your hopes up. They may bandaid most problems and not provide a full fix.

Remember, they already sold the game and made their sales. You cant return your game and get your money back from retailers so EA has nothing to really worry about concerning that.
korge
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

elie8 wrote:hehe !! very funny ANDRE !! :P :P // you know what i'm gonna pretend that i didn't see any posting !! :wink: :lol:
It is funny. Please laugh.. I'm really finding it funny. :lol:

If you had pretended you wouldn't have said my name. That's what's so funny. :)
Dunko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dunko »

So far the only complaints I've been able to come up with are the shadow problem, the lack of some racing modes, and the soundtrack.

If UC took place later in the day (not necessarily the middle if the night) they wouldn't have to worry about the shadows at all. I just feel goofy street racing in the middle of the day. Same with MW.

They should have at least included drag racing (as that is what the majority of current street racing is), and I wouldn't complain if they brought back canyon duels. I can understand the drifting, however.

The last game with a good soundtrack was HP2. The highway battle and pursuit stuff is good, but the rest just doesn't have anything to do with going fast it seems like. There should be an option to play with EA Trax like previous games.
eat, sleep, race
DOM104
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DOM104 »

Zotic+ wrote:ive noticed that in some of the lower reviews(gametrailers, ign etc.) bring up that midnight club is better and only midnight club. i sorta feel like midnight club (rockstar) is bribing game reviewers (more of the top ones) to say this game is bad. i don't own the game but ive played and is one of the best ive played.
Really, that spurs me on to buy the game :), but i don't think video game companies wood do that, unless they're just @$$holes.
DOM104
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DOM104 »

Andre_online wrote:
elie8 wrote:hehe !! very funny ANDRE !! :P :P // you know what i'm gonna pretend that i didn't see any posting !! :wink: :lol:
It is funny. Please laugh.. I'm really finding it funny. :lol:

If you had pretended you wouldn't have said my name. That's what's so funny. :)
Why are you guys continuing on with this, jeez, your like 5 yr olds. :roll:

Return to “News”