Ever get frustrated?

2003 Need for Speed Underground
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Ever get frustrated?

Post by Sp3aK »

So before you read just know this is my venting my NFS:U frustrations :)

Some of you know I play the game a bit too much, and I'm on my 9th profile right now. The previous 8 profiles have been fun, challenging but fun. This profile is just ridiculous! After my frist profile on medium, I've done hard ever since, but I dunno how much more I can take! I'm using the Toyota Supra. I now see what everyone means when they say the supra is alot better in real life. It isn't a slow car in game, but it is the worst handling car I've driven so far! It's d**n near impossible for me to beat a race on Terminal! So a note to anyone who wants to use the supra: GET EVERY AVAILABLE HANDLING MOD POSSIBLE! I made the mistake of picking Engine and ECU first. I'm waiting on the last unique, in which I'll choose weight or suspension.

So I guess now that I'm done, what frustrates you? We don't need to hear about traffic or onlnie gameplay either.
hot sauce
Drift King
Drift King

Post by hot sauce »

i start to get frustrated at how local the game is? i mean every single track is just a similer but little diferent version to the one b4 it. i LOVE the game but if anything frustrates me its the lack of scenery change!!
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

i gte frustrated soo mutch on that game i even got a luncktime detention becuase i was frastrated going to school
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

yea, its just the same damn track, i get very frustrated that even though u have 3 or more choices in lvl 3 performance upgrades, they all do the same, its just pointless, i also get frustrated when damn bots tap my bak, so now i go on killing sprees, like 10lap circuits just to let some anger out
hot sauce
Drift King
Drift King

Post by hot sauce »

hahahahahahah i like you style bronco ;)
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

i just start screaming at ppl like my mum till my dad tells me off
hot sauce
Drift King
Drift King

Post by hot sauce »

wow dude, thats intesne you must get pretty into it ayy ;) ;)
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

yeh i get really frustrated one time i nerly cried like just out of anger it was quiet a weird sensation lol
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

lol ...
personally I'm mostly frustrated by the traffic, but since that's a no go for the topic, how about the rubber bond effect? You can post some awesome limitbreaking times and the computer will catch up with you anyway...lol. Insane system :P
hot sauce
Drift King
Drift King

Post by hot sauce »

are you talking about catch up mode?
Just Me
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Just Me »

Catch Up mode sucks big time!! It's just a quick way to cover up a bad AI.

I mean, in a 10 laps circuit race, at Port Royal for example, you can lap the other drivers, but in Underground mode you can't. Because the AI of the opponents sucks.

If im a better driver then the computer, then it should show so.
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

well i agree with SP3AK here.... as everyone knows or should know by now, I LOVE THE SUPRA (ITS MY DREAM CAR) but the Supra just plain sucks in the game, but in real life, it owns... have u guys seen the race between a supra and a skyline? the supra was behind in the quarter, but beat the skyline by the 1000m mark so ha there u go skyline ppl and i wish they made the supra faster than like lets say... a lancer or a neon??? but neways the car stats are all wrong because how can the rx7 be the best drag car in the game, when it has no torque which means no launch which means it should suck.... take the new RX8 for example, a hell of a nice car, with a good amount of horses, but 100 something torque and a 0-60 time of 7 or 8 sec??? i mean cmon this is what the rx7 is even with the twin turbo... ITS A R-O-T-A-R-Y ENGINE!!!!!!!!!!! well to sum up, i just hate the performance errors in the game....
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

lol ... why do you think that is? ;) NFSU is the game version of the fast and the furious ... who won the first race? Dom ... driving what? RX7 :roll: who won the opening race in 2 fast 2 furious? Brian .... driving? Skyline ... :roll: a coincidence? Naaaaaaaaaaaah ...

btw, yeah, I meant the ketchup (sorry, had to .. ) Catch up hehe.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I don't like the Ketchup in the game... Im dutch so I go for Mayonase :P
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

LOL ! Along with a plate of french fries ^^? DEAL!!! :>
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Someone told me that if you leave an open jar of mayo out in the sun then it will bubble and turn green... and anything that cna bubble and turn green in the sun is cool in my book :)
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

LOL!!!
This guy's in the sun too ... dunno if he's bubbling or not ... but he's certainly getting green ... LOL ...
http://leech.dk/bubblegum.php/CANADIANARMY2.jpg

ok ... a bit too far off topic ... ahem... back to work dudes ^^
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

looks like you found a new site eh?? SUMM

btw the Mayonaise talk was a shot from Pulp Fiction dunno if annybody seen the movie....
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

nope ... and ye ... lol ... have found this site ... long ago, but I visit it in times of extreme boredome.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

lol that's funny...
BurnBoy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BurnBoy »

I hate 7 lap races in Underground mode. I can be leading by some way and then somehow they catch up with me!!
Also have the computer cars got unlimited nitrogen because it seems like they use it a lot during one race. Even if you have lvl 3 installed, that still doesn't last a 7 lap race, if you're using it in short bursts!!!
Good game, but the AI sucks, bad!!
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

BurnBoy wrote:I hate 7 lap races in Underground mode. I can be leading by some way and then somehow they catch up with me!!
Also have the computer cars got unlimited nitrogen because it seems like they use it a lot during one race. Even if you have lvl 3 installed, that still doesn't last a 7 lap race, if you're using it in short bursts!!!
Good game, but the AI sucks, bad!!
Ketchup :roll: :wink:
BurnBoy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BurnBoy »

Ketchup?? Don't you put that on Hot-Dogs and other foods?? :D
hot sauce
Drift King
Drift King

Post by hot sauce »

lol i aslo dont like the fact that you can only get certaing unique parts together. what i mean for the first you upgrade you MUST choose one of the three. so i want tomake a awsome Grag racer on PS2 i cant because i cant have tran/turbo/nos all at the same time!! i mean sure you can cheat on PC and use a save game editor to change that but thats really boring!!!

i think it would be good if you could choose one of any the 9 performance upgrades each time you are offered one!!

jsut my opininion.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

without cheating you can have tran nos and turbo...frist trans, then turbo and last nos

Return to “Underground”