Undercover issues - what a patch should include

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Undercover issues - what a patch should include

Post by Bojan »

What issues do you have in Undercover that you think should be included in the next patch.
Please also specify your platform.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Re: Undercover issues - what a patch should include

Post by ahmad0410 »

Xbox 360:
- Decreasing framerates issue;
- Manufacturer decal misplaced between 2 vinyls, on Audi R8.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

You can download patch for Xbox? :shock:
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

I dont have the game yet so hard to say... But im going to get it for PC.
But I already have few things in my mind what EA forgot to put in the game...
First of all where is Impreza, Eclipse, 350Z and Hondas/Acuras?
And also I think I we need more vinyl layers and bodykits and spoilers and hoods :roll: And also a mirror button for decals.

But I do realise that they cant put that all in one patch...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I don't think you're on the right track... at all.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

There's only one issue that needs patching imo, framerate. I'm running UC on PS3.

@Rizur: Patches aren't generally used to inject new content - they are purely to fix technical issues after the game is released. If you want 'new' content, look to the EA store and expect to pay for it.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

since bojan made this post im gonna to jump to the idea that a EA community manager talked to him about a possible patch on the horizon... Just a guess.

Cmon guys, throw that bug list together. :)
korge
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

PC:
*Frame rate issues
*The game constantly freezes
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

All platforms (probably, x360 specific)
* cars should not be so close together when starting a multiplayer race. There's a lot of people who start up front and either don't move or hit reverse making everybody behind lose a lot of time (and nerves).
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

PC:

Agree with the above, plus:

Fix crashes when loading races and modding cars (seems particularly bad when modding the Evo X).

Fix the blue/white patches on tyres' treads and alloy wheels (I guess it's supposed to be shine - and yes, I AM running the latest nVidia drivers)

Optimize, optimize, optimize! Even professional reviewers are reporting performance issues - to quote the Sunday Times' reviewer "The game doesn't even run smoothly... this is not only rubbish but unnecessary..."

That'll do for now...
Last edited by DarrenR21373 on 30 Nov 2008, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

So what were the things in ProStreet with new cars and tracks? They didnt cost anything...
Lol, I thought that they were patches... now I feel like a noob, which I obviously am.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Rizur wrote:So what were the things in ProStreet with new cars and tracks? They didnt cost anything...
Lol, I thought that they were patches... now I feel like a noob, which I obviously am.
Should use the word newbie, less harsh. I think they're called add-on. not patch.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Hmm... I finished yesterday the career on Undercover (PC version) and the game really needs a good patch to at least try to be a better game. Because really, it's a bad game, no matter what you do.

So:

1 - Optimize the game's engine, please. The framerate is unstable, the shadows suck bigtime (I play with them OFF) and reduce the world effects and blur, because it's sickening. I also play with that on MEDIUM because I go #-o when I play with that on maximum.

2 - Put more bodykits, hoods, spoilers and exhausts. I mean, you have the Autosculpt bodykit, 2 others that look the same on ALL the cars, and then, a bodykit adapted to each car, but on most of them, it just sucks. Look at the Viper, for example. I mean... that's so ugly #-o . Also, we have what, 2 different hoods for each car? Great... and then, we have some spoilers, but most of them are ugly. Where are Most Wanted spoilers? And I still wondering why did you put so many wheels and not so many other parts. [-X

3 - Let us explore the city by adding a GPS feature, like in Underground 2 or Most Wanted. You open the GPS, you click on an event and no matter were you are on the world, you'll have an arrow to guide you. But keep also the "jump directly to an event", just in case you don't want to drive there all the way.

4 - Add more traffic to the normal roads, because I see almost no cars. On the highway, there is a good amount of traffic, but out of it... it's a desert city.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Hydro_PT wrote: 2 - Put more bodykits, hoods, spoilers and exhausts. I mean, you have the Autosculpt bodykit, 2 others that look the same on ALL the cars, and then, a bodykit adapted to each car, but on most of them, it just sucks. Look at the Viper, for example. I mean... that's so ugly #-o . Also, we have what, 2 different hoods for each car? Great... and then, we have some spoilers, but most of them are ugly. Where are Most Wanted spoilers? And I still wondering why did you put so many wheels and not so many other parts. [-X

3 - Let us explore the city by adding a GPS feature, like in Underground 2 or Most Wanted. You open the GPS, you click on an event and no matter were you are on the world, you'll have an arrow to guide you. But keep also the "jump directly to an event", just in case you don't want to drive there all the way.

4 - Add more traffic to the normal roads, because I see almost no cars. On the highway, there is a good amount of traffic, but out of it... it's a desert city.
ahmad0410 wrote:I think they're called add-on. not patch.
korge
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

korge wrote:
Hmm... to me, that should be a patch to correct what's wrong. But OK...

Adding the GPS function, adding a good number of tuning parts and adding traffic to the city. That's a patch to me, to correct what is wrong on the game...

Btw, one question: it's normal that the game freezes when I'm autosculpting a stock bodykit? Because that is happening a lot now, since I started tuning the cars. It happened with the DB9, the Murcielago, with the RX-7 and the Porsche GT3 RS. :? :shock:
Last edited by Hydro_PT on 01 Dec 2008, 20:43, edited 2 times in total.
bluestreak908
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by bluestreak908 »

need a framerate improvement for all platforms but mostly 360 and ps3 according to the reviews. also update the shadows so the sun and shadows don't move as your car moves
i really like the nsx and civic si but i think honda doesn't want their cars to be in a game with cop chases because there weren't any hondas in carbon or mw either
:(
TUNERS ROCK!!!
bluestreak908
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by bluestreak908 »

need a framerate improvement for all platforms but mostly 360 and ps3 according to the reviews. also update the shadows so the sun and shadows don't move as your car moves
i really like the nsx and civic si but i think honda doesn't want their cars to be in a game with cop chases because there weren't any hondas in carbon or mw either
:(
TUNERS ROCK!!!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Hydro_PT wrote:
korge wrote:
Hmm... to me, that should be a patch to correct what's wrong.
Precisely. :)
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

PC:

- fix stability; no autosculpt and game crashes
- framerate and glitches in graphics (white stuff on tyre, wheel color, shadows, etc)

There are other stuff to fix but I believe this is very noticeable.
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

Along with tuning/freezing/graphics/framerate/desert city issues they should correct police cars spawning because sometimes a cop car spawns right into my face and I have to evade them within eg. 30 seconds what's left of mission time.
Also I've noticed some random traffic car "quick-spawn", that means the traffic car spawns and within 0.1 seconds it dissappears. Weird.
And some black line that is following me by the road especially in Gold Mountains.
Then a bit of AI tuning (police and opponents) and I think it's it.

Hope EA will correct this in their patch or add-on. Then it would be a great game, although I'm pretty satisfied with it now.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Imo.. First things first - The sun needs to stay in one place!! :?
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

t3ice wrote:Imo.. First things first - The sun needs to stay in one place!! :?
Ha.. Haha.. haHaha And to think "some" people paid 60 bucks for a game whose environment cant stay still... :lol:

The some times rotating clouds actually make me nauseous sometimes. :roll:
korge
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Kimba wrote:Along with tuning/freezing/graphics/framerate/desert city issues they should correct police cars spawning because sometimes a cop car spawns right into my face and I have to evade them within eg. 30 seconds what's left of mission time.
Also I've noticed some random traffic car "quick-spawn", that means the traffic car spawns and within 0.1 seconds it dissappears. Weird.
And some black line that is following me by the road especially in Gold Mountains.
Nice tips you posted ;). I already had 3 cop cars (2 Porsches and one SUV) spawning right in front of me. It was pretty weird, and boring, because then I had to lose the cops again and the damn chopper appeared. #-o

I also noticed the random traffic "quick-spawn". It spawns and immediately after that, it disappears. At the first time I thought it was a glitch on my monitor or something, but then it happened again and it was a car. It's a ghost car. :lol:

You have the black line too? Thank god, I though that was MY problem :D. Because today I had a friend with me and we played about 15 minutes Undercover, and we laugh really hard with all the police's stupidity, the totally unrealistic handling and the sickening world effects and blur :?. And then I told him "do you see that black line on the mountain, what's that?" and he said "I see nothing". I tried very hard to convince him there was a weird black line there, always travelling at the same speed of the car, but always some metres in front, but he kept saying there wasn't nothing there and that I should buy glasses. WTF lol. I'm glad someone has the same problem... :mrgreen:
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Two other things that needs a fix (because they piddle me off no end), which I guess should come under the heading "balancing":

Domination. Due to the ridiculous elastic AI, I have often managed to beat the domination time by over 30 seconds, only to come second in the race due to a silly error near the end. However, you get no rewards, because you didn't win. I think you should at least get something for beating the record time; I'm happy that you get no money, this is right. However, you should still get some rep or skills or something (or the AI shouldn't be able to drive at 500 MPH).

AI Car choice: at the start of the game, you often end up in an unmodded tier 4 car racing against tier 1 Zondas or McLaren SLRs. OK, they're easy-ish to beat (because they crash), but this is just not realistic - IRL even Lewis Hamilton driving the stock 240SX wouldn't be able to keep up with a stock Pagani Zonda driven by the late, great Richard Whiteley :roll:

Oh yeah, and one final thing: would it be possible to stop the game install and saved game files from fragmenting themselves so much - I have to defrag almost everytime I want to play to make the game run reasonably?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

DarrenR21373 wrote:Oh yeah, and one final thing: would it be possible to stop the game install and saved game files from fragmenting themselves so much - I have to defrag almost everytime I want to play to make the game run reasonably?
This is not caused by the game, but actually because you're defragmenting regularly.

Think about it: Defragging combines all the pieces of fragmented files and writes them physically together on the disk. Each file is placed hard up against the last. Ok great. Now what happens when one of those files (say your UC savegame) grows - where does the extra data get written? There's no room right next to the file any more, the defrag process wrote another file right there, so now the extra piece of the file has to be written in some free space somewhere else. Voila! One fragmented file, and nothing to do with Undercover.

Defragmenting has value when the files you're operating on are static, like programs and some system files. Where volatile data files are concerned, any initial benefits disappear quite quickly.

Return to “Undercover”