Undercover patch in the works

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Undercover patch in the works

Post by Bojan »

We've got official confirmation that a patch for Need for Speed Undercover is in the making and hopefully it should be available soon.
We wanted to let everyone know that the game team is currently hard at work developing a patch for Undercover for PS3, 360 and PC. We've spent a lot of time reviewing all the feedback from the community. Thank you! At this point we don't have a confirmed release date or fix list but we thought it was important to let everyone know that a patch is in progress. As soon as we've got more news we'll let everyone know.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Undercover patch in the works

Post by elie8 »

Very Gooddddddddddddddddddddddd !! 8) :D // i hope that the upcoming patch adjusts all the flaws in Undercover !! Can't Wait !! :wink:
Last edited by elie8 on 09 Dec 2008, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Would ya look at that! :P
korge
skyline-man295
Ricer
Ricer

Post by skyline-man295 »

i agree:D
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I'm not sure if you actually got his sarcasm. That's one of his strongest attribute.. Image
zip_mdd
Ricer
Ricer

Post by zip_mdd »

sorry guys... i'm use it almost 3 weeks... i mean problem with frame rate is fixed... for exemple it was 15f now we have 30f... so is much better... becouse now i can use max grafix... :D
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

I'd think it would be pretty funny if they end up fixing something silly like "ROAD WATER EFFECT IS NOW 150% MORE COMMON" instead of any real issues. I hope they don't and this ends up making Undercover the best racing game this year. :)
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

No.

More hilarious yet.

Fixz 1 thing.

Breaks 3 things.

8)
korge
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I think this patch is gonna be like ProStreet's. They put the FPS locked on 30 and that's it, have fun. BS.

Undercover needs a hell of a patch to be a decent game. A lot of fixes with the graphics, more tuning parts, more traffic on the roads, a better AI for the police and the opponents and a handling like Most Wanted, or at least, better than Undercover.

Then, if they do all this, I might actually play the game again.

PS: "I hope they don't and this ends up making Undercover the best racing game this year. :)"

Sorry mate, but to be the best racing game this year on the PC, NFS must beat Race Driver GRID first. Now that's a game, I spent 50 Euro on it on the day it was launched, and what a game. Almost perfect! :D
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

elie8 wrote:Very Gooddddddddddddddddddddddd !! 8) :D // i hope that the upcoming patch adjusts all the flaws in Undercover !! Can't Wait !! :wink:
:-s With all of those posts saying how you think Undercover is going to be the best, I honestly didn't expect you to say there were flaws with it... Something's not right here... :|
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

This patch has gotta be at least 300+mb, not some skimpy 50mb that just fixed multilayer flaws... I dont car about playing this game online, cant anyways (not legal version).
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Lets all guess the patches filesize and see who is closest! Winner gets their games money back. Not.
korge
Unlimited R8
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Unlimited R8 »

This is cool...and happens to be a coincidence.... Yesterday, I told every1 i would not be making anymr until the undercover patch comes out, im so happy! :D
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Well hopefully the patch fixes the real issues and not some stoopid setting changes like mea2u mentioned
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

korge wrote:Lets all guess the patches filesize and see who is closest! Winner gets their games money back. Not.
We have a win post over here.

Seriously...a patch doesn't fix the old roots, it will not give back NFS what it was used to be.

About the dude elie8, let it be. somedau he will realise what is he posting...if he does btw.

I'm going to give 1 more, just 1 more chance to EA with this patch. If they:
- Don't lock the FPS to 30
- Fix stuttering on PC
- Fix the low framerate on XBOX360 and PS3
- Get rid of the super stupid catch up system
- Revive the city traffic

I might have some hopes for playing more after I have ended the game. if they not...Good bye EA! Welcome Codemasters!
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Hydro_PT wrote:I think this patch is gonna be like ProStreet's. They put the FPS locked on 30 and that's it, have fun. BS.

Undercover needs a hell of a patch to be a decent game. A lot of fixes with the graphics, more tuning parts, more traffic on the roads, a better AI for the police and the opponents and a handling like Most Wanted, or at least, better than Undercover.

PS: "I hope they don't and this ends up making Undercover the best racing game this year. :)"

Sorry mate, but to be the best racing game this year on the PC, NFS must beat Race Driver GRID first. Now that's a game, I spent 50 Euro on it on the day it was launched, and what a game. Almost perfect! :D
Yes. Oh man GRID is amazing! I love all the racing disciplines, how well it runs on my PC, and the time travel thing that lets you see how you crashed/reset from different point. I was just trying to be optimistic but oh well. :P
Dunko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dunko »

I guess I'm happy I haven't had time to finish the game yet supposing the patch really does improve it. I've been too busy with my real life.

And am I the only one here that has the impression that elie is a girl's name and that's why they're so open? (If it's not, elie, then I apologize.) And at least he/she is positive, not like most of the other surly crowd here.

Let's just all try to be friends.
eat, sleep, race
bluestreak908
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by bluestreak908 »

i hope they also fix the shadows and sun that move while u drive....
Hydro_PT wrote:I think this patch is gonna be like ProStreet's. They put the FPS locked on 30 and that's it, have fun. BS.

keep in mind that a patch will not make the game completely different and better, just fix a few problems, so they probably won't change the handling or tuning parts, etc.
TUNERS ROCK!!!
Dunko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dunko »

Hmmm... My last post sounded like an insult to just about everyone on the forum. Apologies.

And hooray for a patch (so my apology is not off topic)!
eat, sleep, race
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

1) how good a patch is isn't determined by its file size. no I did not sense the use of sarcasm in your posts (for those who were talking about filesize = good)

2) I find it hard to believe that this patch will change gameplay design, it's just going to fix technical problems and that's it. so no traffic fixing stuff.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Am I the only person who runs this game no problems?
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Dunko wrote:...the impression that elie is a girl's name and that's why she's so open? (If it's not, elie, then I apologize.) And at least he/she is positive.....
Lol i had a similar suspicion...well hope we find out before its too late.. :lol:
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Hurray! Finally, after the patch is released I can actually play the game.
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

this is the EA we knew for a long time...

i mean they break games even more with patches

damn i missed the NFSMW day, when the patch arrived , it fix alot of things that no one's ever spotted before ,and the biggest problem with stuttering left unfix

btw i cant remember a single patch released by EA that actually fix a NFS game

no hope here , really :(
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

t3ice wrote:
Dunko wrote:...the impression that elie is a girl's name and that's why she's so open? (If it's not, elie, then I apologize.) And at least he/she is positive.....
Lol i had a similar suspicion...well hope we find out before its too late.. :lol:
Maybe.... Maybe... Its pronounced E-LIE and not ELLY.

I dont know too many guys name Elly and not too many girls named Eli. :roll:
korge

Return to “News”