Need for Speed Series Cut?

The news visible on the main page
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Need for Speed Series Cut?

Post by Bojan »

From an article at 1UP:
Not more than a month after the release of Need For Speed: Undercover, the Electric Playground is reporting that Electronic Arts may be cutting the franchise entirely. The videogame web show claims that future titles in the series have been canceled. EA director of communications Colin Macrae provided Electric Playground with the following comment:

"We're working through a process on people, products, and facilities at EA and don't have any announcements today."

Undercover, the most recent entry in the long-running franchise, was received fairly well but didn't crack the top 20 in the NPD sales charts for the month of November.
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Need for Speed Series Cut?

Post by 2fast4all »

Maybe its time to give the series a rest :( .....sigh

dammit
NoXcious KiD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NoXcious KiD »

guess I'll stick to my Trust Predator and the good'ol U2........sad they're pulling the plug.......it's not official yet but still....they had it coming
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

As long as they don't shutdown the old NFS games' servers, I'll be fine.
African_HITman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by African_HITman »

C'mon EA... You guys could probaly squeeze 1 more good NFS game out before you cancel the series
Like "NFS Most Wanted 2".. PLEASE
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Undercover IS Most Wanted 2.. Whatcha talkin' about? LOL! :P
African_HITman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by African_HITman »

no its not, its "Need for Speed UnderCover"
im talkin bout "Need for Speed MostWanted 2" with Razor and Cross and all the gang
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

I agree that they should leave the fans with an last game, and one that isn't rushed... I don't believe they will actually cancel the Nfs franchise tho :)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

African_HITman wrote:no its not, its "Need for Speed UnderCover"
im talkin bout "Need for Speed MostWanted 2" with Razor and Cross and all the gang
EA has never brought back past characters into the newer series since UG1. I don't know about you, but what makes you think they'd do that? Knowing that EA is always full of 'surprises', don't expect such hopes. The more hopes you have in EA, the more you're gonna be displeased.

Undercover is nothing but an alias of Most Wanted 2.0. There's nothing wrong with changing the name of the game. But underneath it is practically similar to Most Wanted.
African_HITman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by African_HITman »

Andre_online wrote:
African_HITman wrote:no its not, its "Need for Speed UnderCover"
EA has never brought back past characters into the newer series since UG1. I don't know about you, but what makes you think they'd do that? Knowing that EA is always full of 'surprises', don't expect such hopes. The more hopes you have in EA, the more you're gonna be displeased.

Undercover is nothing but an alias of Most Wanted 2.0. There's nothing wrong with changing the name of the game. But underneath it is practically similar to Most Wanted.

What about Cross in Carbon, you didn't think about that one. Most Wanted 2 could take place after that,
and it doesn't have to be called Most Wanted 2 it just has to be as good as Most Wanted.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Andre_online wrote:As long as they don't shutdown the old NFS games' servers, I'll be fine.

:shock: ...u meanie lol ...this is Nfs, the game series i grew with..they may make horrible games, but they try nonetheless.. ;)

Imo, they should start with an entire new team/perspective and turn over a new leaf :D
skyline-man295
Ricer
Ricer

Post by skyline-man295 »

underground 2 was the best and yh they should make one more to please there fans! :)
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Finally EA opened they're eyes.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

African_HITman wrote:What about Cross in Carbon, you didn't think about that one.
What about Cross? His character was so minor that I completely forgot that he was in fact, in Carbon. He was useless.
t3ice wrote:
Andre_online wrote:As long as they don't shutdown the old NFS games' servers, I'll be fine.

:shock: ...u meanie lol ...this is Nfs, the game series i grew with..they may make horrible games, but they try nonetheless.. ;)

Imo, they should start with an entire new team/perspective and turn over a new leaf :D
I was serious.. They'd better not shutdown the servers. Another reason why I didn't buy Undercover was because I don't wish to upgrade my PC just for the sake of playing a failed game. If it's Grid, I'd probably consider.
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by oumysoft »

It's sad that they might pull the plug on the franchise.
Ive been a need for speed collector since the beginning (I buy the game wheather its good or bad).
On the upside i suppose ill be saving £35 a year :D
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Is it possible they're just losing the name? Need for Speed brand name is getting so much negative publicity these days...
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

- Rx7 - wrote:Finally EA opened they're eyes.
Yes...

Except they shouldn't have planned a series cut but rather spend a longer development cycle on creating a great NFS game.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

I don't think they are pulling the plug coz they have spent like a year now, making the new title that's gonna be released in 2009 :wink:, so i think that's a gossip :P !! EA, plz don't cancel the franchise :( #-o !!

P.S : Undercover has a A- rating on 1up.com and they say that ratings between A+ and A- are considered as excellent ratings !! :D // i have to mention also that undercover is #1 of 1033 games in racing and #8 of 589 games on PS3 !! Finally, Undercover is #40 of 22644 games on 1up !!!! i think that it's unfair to cut the series coz there are a lot of fans like me who would love to play the next title !! :( :roll: #-o :cry: :? :x
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

elie8 wrote:I don't think they are pulling the plug coz they have spent like a year now, making the new title that's gonna be released in 2009 :wink:, so i think that's a gossip :P !! EA, plz don't cancel the franchise :( #-o !!

P.S : Undercover has a A- rating on 1up.com and they say that ratings between A+ and A- are considered as excellent ratings !! :D // i have to mention also that undercover is #1 of 1033 games in racing and #8 of 589 games on PS3 !! Finally, Undercover is #40 of 22644 games on 1up !!!! i think that it's unfair to cut the series coz there are a lot of fans like me who would love to play the next title !! :( :roll: #-o :cry: :? :x
Indeed. I'm sure that when EA release the patch to fix the many bugs in Undercover, it'll be a good game. Better than ProStreet, in my opinion and all-around decent.

1UP gave it a B-, BTW. And the reviews were all poor. The highest score is 7.0 given by Game Informer for PS3 and 360, as well as by GameSpot for PC and 360.
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

Suprise suprise!
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

African_HITman wrote:..it just has to be as good as Most Wanted.
So you want another average game?
lol wut
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Pabl0z wrote:
African_HITman wrote:..it just has to be as good as Most Wanted.
So you want another average game?
Since when was MW so average? One of the best games in the "new era".
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

Not one of the best, it is best in new era !! And EA isnt surprising me, if this article is true. They should stop right after PoorStreet, wich was horrible. They need some new people or more time to make something fundamental like MW, and (yes I'm talking to you, Andre_online) Undercover even nearly isn't MW 2, it looks like Carbon 2...
Dunko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dunko »

EA will probably make the final decision after they see how successful the patch is. If this is the case, then pretty much the entire franchise depends on this patch and EA will put all its effort into making it a good one.

I also wouldn't care if they started over with a new name. Codemasters sort of did the same thing with Grid.
eat, sleep, race
crossz06m3
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by crossz06m3 »

You are probably right Dunko considering the fact that EA has not made a good patch, excpet for prostreet.

I just knew this was going to happen, even with the reviews I still liked this entire franchise, I think they should keep going with another game and see how it does. If it sucks, they should end the whole franchise.

Return to “News”