Steam your games?

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Steam your games?

Post by oshaylinux »

Steaming games becoming my favorite way of getting great games for low low prices: Bioshock, GTI Racing, and RACE O7 for $4.98 each, Bejeweled Deluxe $0.99 all four games for less than $20. Games are so cheap it would be a shame to pirate them! There are plenty more great games for the low low!
http://store.steampowered.com/about/

What do you all think? Steampowered or Not?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Steam your games?

Post by Bojan »

I say no!
Games on steam seem to be more expensive than the boxed versions. Not to mention an annoying client that only hogs resources. And the DRM...
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Bojan wrote:I say no!
Games on steam seem to be more expensive than the boxed versions. Not to mention an annoying client that only hogs resources. And the DRM...

Have you looked at Steam lately, they have games on there for cheap, though not all hat new though. I will not spend more than $10 dollars for a game on Steam, because if I don't like the game I would a least like to be able to give it away to friends or kin. Steam does have lots of nice games for less than $5, hard to go wrong with that, and they do port easy to other computers.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Yes I have. And I noticed NFSUndercover for 49,99€. Then a few days later it was reduced to 44,99€. I can get it in store for 30€. Digital distribution would have to be at least 30% cheaper to make it worthwhile...
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

lol I got Grid from Fry's Electronics for $30 and Steam was asking $40

Honestly, I hate steam. I hate it. It's annoying to have to start something just to check to see if you already own the game. It's like sending a letter to your television manufacturer confirming that it's not stolen every time you turn on the TV (or something, my brain is not letting me come up with analogies right now.)

But Valve's games, nonetheless, are really good and, for the few games I've bought off of them (okay, like Portal and basically no others) I just deal with it. I generally avoid buying Steam games or any other form of digital-distribution games, and when I've bought Valve games, I bought the ones on disk.

There are two reasons for this: one, I don't have a fast enough internet connection :roll:, and two, I like to always have a hard copy in case something goes wrong.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Like I stated earlier, I will not spend over $10 on any game coming from Steam, but I have had nothing but success with Steam. Internet or not, I can play all of my games but I know its not always been that way with Steam.

Well I did not intend for this to be adv. for Steam, I posted this to let people know that they can get some great games for cheat very cheap, This should be a sticky now that you can but EA games on Steam.

Mod Note:
2 posts made into 1, use the Edit button!
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Don't double post, use the "EDIT" button. :wink:

And I think what some people are saying is that it may not necessarily steam, it's the prices on newer games. The reason I say it may not be steam is because I don't know who sets the prices, but I have noticed that EA charges more for digital-distribution copies that actual hard copies, which is pretty stupid unless you live in some remote region, or where a game is not sold. It's almost more convenient to go out and buy the game, then you don't have to worry about extra background software, loosing CD-Key's, etc., especially when you put a premium price tag behind a digital copy.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i actually like steam, i wasnt a big fan of them back in the day when they first came out, but since then i guess u can say i got attached less cds around the house it holds all my games so where every or when ever i want a game i just download them from my list. except that u cant deactivate a product from one account to another which i dislike cause my fear 2 game is on my brothers account instead of mine and im pretty much screwed. and lastly if someone hacks ur account ur pretty much screwed.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

I use steam and have over 150 USD worth of goods on it.

Yeah, I dont like having it run in the back ground but i get used to it. Not to mention going offline is rather easy. Another thing is every 2 weeks, they do awesome half off deals that just cant be beat. Yeah, some games are overpriced, but so what? Dont buy them.
korge
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I steam my games every day and cook them with egg rolls. It's quite delicious.

Return to “General Discussion”