Need for Speed Undercover with D-BOX Motion!

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
Viandeur
Stock
Stock

Need for Speed Undercover with D-BOX Motion!

Post by Viandeur »

Hello everyone,

Being a NFS fan, I have been lurking these forums for a while but have never posted until now. Last year I purchased a D-BOX SRP-120 platform (http://www.d-box.com). Their products produce very realistic motion with movies and games. Their list of supported games is small but they signed with EA so NFS Undercover uses the technology.

The implementation in that game is totally awesome, it literally adds a new dimension like audio and video. I'm wondering if any of you got a setup similar to mine with a D-BOX product or if I'm amongst the rare ones? ;p

I posted about D-BOX and my impressions w/ Undercover in my blog at http://www.techfanboy.net. Don't mind the ugly chair and the cheap MOMO racing wheel. Surprisingly enough, that chair works nice in transmitting the subtle vibrations and it's comfy enough for playing. I replaced the MOMO wheel with a Logitech Driving Force GT. Way better. Also replaced those Logitech Z-5500 speakers with Denon AVR-889 receiver + decent Infinity 5.1 set too.

So, what do you think? If any of you have a similar setup with motion, it would be cool to share. I'm open to answer any questions. Don't forget to check the YouTube videos, my video editing sk1lLZ still blow as this is a relatively new hobby to me but meh... ;p

I hope getting some feedback. :)
Enjoy!
Viandeur
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Re: Need for Speed Undercover with D-BOX Motion!

Post by Zotic+ »

:shock: LOOK AT THOSE PRICES! i guess ur a seroius gamer. id rather buy a gokart than that
Instagram @SupraHKS
Viandeur
Stock
Stock

Post by Viandeur »

Really? What would you do with a go-kart?
And can you get lifelike motion in movies with a go-kart? Honestly, the movie experience is freaking awesome and D-BOX even signed their first commercial movie theatre (Mann Chinese in Los Angeles).
My D-BOX SRP-120 is not only a gaming accessory but a "home entertainment" accessory. :D

I'd say I enjoy home entertainment, especially during our very cold winters. :lol:
ZOMBE
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ZOMBE »

You can buy a car for that price... No offense to you, but anybody who spends that much money for games seriously needs to get out more. Looks cool and all, but not worth what they want for it. Somebody will build something better and cheaper soon enough, like always.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

If they have the money, why not? It's for the experience.. If I had the money I'd get one - provided I have enough cash to survive in the real world, of course.
Viandeur
Stock
Stock

Post by Viandeur »

ZOMBE wrote:You can buy a car for that price... No offense to you, but anybody who spends that much money for games seriously needs to get out more. Looks cool and all, but not worth what they want for it. Somebody will build something better and cheaper soon enough, like always.
A 3600$ car? Ouch. ;) Trust me, I get out plenty already, thank you. I just happen to have the money to afford that kind of entertainment and it's not only for games but movies too (girlfriend loves the experience). Besides, D-BOX announced the GPH-120 at CES, 2999$. I tried some other motion systems at CES and honestly, despite their higher price tags, they weren't as good and didn't support movies at all. Anyway, to each his own, I'm not here to sell the thing but just to share my experience. I hope D-BOX will be integrated into the newly announced NFS titles... Undercover is over for me already. ;p

Regards,
Viandeur
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

I wouldnt buy a falcon 3d mouse for over 100 USD. Why would I buy a 3000 USD rumble chair.
korge
Viandeur
Stock
Stock

Post by Viandeur »

korge wrote:I wouldnt buy a falcon 3d mouse for over 100 USD. Why would I buy a 3000 USD rumble chair.
Because you can't afford it? :lol:
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Viandeur wrote:Really? What would you do with a go-kart?
And can you get lifelike motion in movies with a go-kart? Honestly, the movie experience is freaking awesome and D-BOX even signed their first commercial movie theatre (Mann Chinese in Los Angeles).
My D-BOX SRP-120 is not only a gaming accessory but a "home entertainment" accessory. :D

I'd say I enjoy home entertainment, especially during our very cold winters. :lol:
i meant like one of the go karts that go 100 mph
Instagram @SupraHKS

Return to “Undercover”