NITRO First Hands On, Interview, Trailer

Need for Speed NITRO News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NITRO First Hands On, Interview, Trailer

Post by Bojan »

Need for Speed NITRO has been announced a while ago, but we didn't know practically anything about it until now. GameSpot did a large feature on both the Wii and the DSi version of the game. Check out the links below.

Image Image

Wii Official Trailer
Wii First Screenshots
Wii video interview with producer Joe Booth
DSi First Hands On
DSi First Screenshots
TESHY
Stock
Stock

Re: NITRO First Hands On, Interview, Trailer

Post by TESHY »

I love dees sneak peak itz gona b beta dan shift it looks amazing :)
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

Need for Speed meets Hot wheels :lol:
Definetely not my game [-X
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I'm glad I DON'T own a Wii. :lol:

Ok ok, not looking at the look of the game, it might be good. Dunno how the gameplay really is. But it has a childish look... it fits Wii, I think. I bet it's going to be the worst game out of the 3 that EA is planning to release (Shift, World Online and Nitro).
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

I agree with Hydro here. This looks like it is aimed at kids ages 6 - 10, and not traditional NFS fans. Looks like a must skip for me.
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Wii exclusives, lol.
m27
Ricer
Ricer

Post by m27 »

lol... horrible imo... agree with hydro and FnF
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well it's understandable that EA wants to reach a new kind of players. It's obvious that they're making different games to make different types of players happy. That's ok.

But err, doing a game for kids? I don't know, it completely breaks the idea of what the NFS games are, even though atm nobody can be really sure what NFS is all about: every year we get something different, or so it seems. I don't mind seeing a game like that for kids, but it was really necessary to have NFS on it? I know the brand sells, but c'mon EA... leave the kids' minds free from the NFS disgrace of the last years. They're innocent. Make us suffer instead! :lol:

NFS for me: exotic cars and tracks, tuning, cop chases, illegal street racing and now closed circuit racing. That's NFS over the years for me. NITRO just doesn't fit in here...
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

me prsonally woudn't care for this game, but do have a cuzzin that would love this game.

i saw a lamborghini reventon in the trailer :D maybe it will also be in shift
Instagram @SupraHKS
CMuscle1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by CMuscle1 »

I don't think being chased by cops is very kid game like and who said it was a kid game nobody has so stop calling it that just because the look is different. ... Its a Arcade game look and style it seems. just like they've always been, but more arcade looking then they've ever been. Wait till you see more game play to judge man. I think what they might be doing with this look is doing it so more focus is on game play and less on the cars hopefully but of course might not be a good thing. I have a WII so Ill probably rent it and let everyone know how it is when its available of course.

Burnout is not a kids game and its had cars looking similar to that also. Crash day or one of the those stunt games has cars looking like that also. I'm not trying argue here, im just trying to open you mind to the possibility that NFS isn't doing a kids game and its just a overdone arcade game possibly.
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Sorry but Burnout cars and Crashday cars have nothing to do with that. I played those games, and don't even compare. Nitro reminds me of a free online game called Drift City... it's "cell-shading" technology, I think (I'm not sure). Looks like a BD about cars to me.

Oh and well, I think it's obvious it's a game focused on kids. Like I said, I dunno how the gameplay will be (it can turn out to be very good) but the look of the game is definitely for children.
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

I like the art style. The "NFS+Hot Wheels" style is quite funny, but it seems to fit. EA is really doing what they said: Shift is COMPLETELY simulation whereas Nitro is COMPLETELY arcade, from gameplay to graphics/art style. I think that Nitro will be to the NFS series what Wind Waker was to the Zelda series: At first people complained about it, but then they like it, and the Wind Waker-style lives on with the handheld Zeldas.

Anybody else got that "dèja vu" feeling when the guy hit the Nitro button? (Hint hint: NFSU)
td0g21
Ricer
Ricer

Post by td0g21 »

i actually like the look a bit. definately arcade-ish. and the body kits actually dont suck, on the 4 cars anyway.

o well, wont b out for pc and not gettin a wii just for this.
PanZero wrote:Anybody else got that "dèja vu" feeling when the guy hit the Nitro button? (Hint hint: NFSU)
yesir i did. tho i had to watch it again to figure out wut u were talking about xD

EDIT: i wonder y the track gets painted the color of the lead car 0.o
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Nitro does look good, the arcade-ish look and the exaggerated look. To answer the question on why the track turns into the colour of the car thats first. Each car has its own tag, when you are first, the track will change to that colour, each tag is like a graffiti logo so, in my opinion, it makes it kind of easy to make out who is first as you can recognize it by the colour. Someone mentioned the Reventon in this and it is, it is clearly there in the trailer with the big Lambo logo on the front.
What I am looking forward to the most (although I don't have a Wii, my cousin does) is the racing in Dubai, seeing as I live there, lets see how it looks in Nitro.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

The graphics remind me of Hot Wheels, but then again it looks like a decent Wii game.

I watched the Dailymotion gameplay video. Nitro just may turn out to be a good game after all.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

If You ask Me I like it somehow - It is like Need For Speed, Burnout and Hot Wheels - I would have it on my mobile phone! 8)
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

I found the first song of the game EA Trax!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKhhlUdskwc
Wegeta
Stock
Stock

Post by Wegeta »

NFS for kids ...
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

come on guys for all these people moaning about how it's a kids game, THAT'S THE IDEA! It's a arcade game and for an arcade game it's looking really good IMO
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Nitro looks like a fun game to play at parties. Which is exactly what the Wii is: a good party console.
iBrahim
Ricer
Ricer

Post by iBrahim »

Is it me..or is it the new 2010 Mustang in the picture?

Which means the same car will be on the other NFS Games...
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

um i dont think thats the '10 stang isn't the shelbygt500 '06 or whatever

Return to “News”