HUGE GRAPHICS PROBLEM

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Undercover.
Be sure to search first!
jfdaigle
Stock
Stock

HUGE GRAPHICS PROBLEM

Post by jfdaigle »

Hi,

I have a major graphics issue with my copy of NFS Undercover. I've been online with a tech from EA since november (when I bought the game) and even today, no one from EA managed to get my game running.

SPECS:
Windows 7 Ultimate RC 32-bit
ASROCK 775i65G
Pentium D 820 2.8Ghz
2 GB DDR RAM OCZ
ATI RADEON HD3850 512MB AGP (SAPPHIRE)
So, its not a new machine, but it still has way enough to run the game.

Now for my problem: When I run the game, I get to the login screen where you load your saved profile. After that I get the loading screen with the "You're not good, You're not Bad blablabla" and then when the intro movie starts I get only a bit of the water and then my screen starts to blink, flashes black, and I get sort of a frame like it would be in windowed mode that flashes in every once in a while. I can hear the chopper but can't see it. Basically, I haven't been able to play the game since I bought it. The problem was the same when I bought it and I was running Vista Home Premium 32-bit

Troubleshooting done with EA: Just so we don't do over and over what the EA tech got me to do, here is a brief list of the troubleshooting that has been done.
1- Run in compatibility mode - Did every single one, doesn't work.
2- Run as admin - doesn't work.
3- Disable Catalyst AI - doesn't work.
4- Force windowed mode - doesn't work.
5- Downloaded a digital version through EA download manager to eliminate a problem on my install doodle - doesn't work.

Other than what EA got me to do, I installed VMWare and ran a virtual machine with XP SP3 installed and the game worked. Problem is that VMWare doesn't get access to my graphics card in the virtual machine and emulates one instead so the game was unplayable since it was way to choppy. But proof of concept, the game can run with my configuration with Windows XP SP3.

Thats what I remember of the troubleshooting that was done. I hope one of you guys will have a bright idea and solve my problem once and for all.

Thanks
jeffareid
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: HUGE GRAPHICS PROBLEM

Post by jeffareid »

Create a dual boot system with Windows XP SP3 as the second OS? Use a second hard drive or a second partition for XP.
jfdaigle
Stock
Stock

Re: HUGE GRAPHICS PROBLEM

Post by jfdaigle »

Is there any thing else I can do other than that since I don't have a huge hard drive and dual booting is relatively complicated and I don't want to crash my entire system.

Return to “Help & Support”