Manufacturer Vinyls

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
kuba-wala
Stock
Stock

Manufacturer Vinyls

Post by kuba-wala »

Hello, i´d like to ask how can i resize the manufacurer vinyls like the other ones, i press the arrows, but the size stop and i can't get the size i want....
Anyone knows how to fix this?
Thanks.
Yoshimitsu
Stock
Stock

Re: Manufacturer Vinyls

Post by Yoshimitsu »

That's a good question! I want know thato too.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

so far... no clue
kuba-wala
Stock
Stock

Post by kuba-wala »

Nobody knows yet?
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

There's a limit for the vinyl's size.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

how do you cjange the vinyl color, i cant find it, its always gray
Instagram @SupraHKS
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

You can't change the color of Manufacturer Vinyls or Community Vinyls. You can only make the Vinyls a certain size as well.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Cpt.Razkit wrote:You can't change the color of Manufacturer Vinyls or Community Vinyls. You can only make the Vinyls a certain size as well.
really? ive seen people with different colored manufacturer decals, like white falken. they need to fix that along with the issue of not having the mirror option
Instagram @SupraHKS
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

LOL I was playing around with Juiced 2 (out of morbid curiosity) and the car editing in that is so superior to nearly all NFS games! They really need to take stock of this since that game bombed due to some of the worst physics ever (though not as bad as the hype over it!).
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

just noticed AEM is colored yellow and red
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

oh btw, the Manufacturer Vinyls section in Polish version of game is ironically called... AEM. xDD
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Zotic+ wrote:just noticed AEM is colored yellow and red
There are some nice coloured decals. BBS and Bilstein, for example. I might post a list of all coloured decals, if anyone wants. :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:
Zotic+ wrote:just noticed AEM is colored yellow and red
There are some nice coloured decals. BBS and Bilstein, for example. I might post a list of all coloured decals, if anyone wants. :)
i sure do :)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Juiced 2 also had a lot of glitches with the tuning, not many basic shapes so you could only use the themed stuff they gave you in particular colours, and you'd get much better layouts from prostreet. I gave up with the juiced system because there were too many glitches, panel gaps and you couldn't blend everything together.

The SHIFT manufacturer vinyls are stupid though, the devs can paint and resize them... why can't we? I'm sure they used photoshop and instead made textures. XD Texmod time?
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

baumaxx1 wrote:Juiced 2 also had a lot of glitches with the tuning, not many basic shapes so you could only use the themed stuff they gave you in particular colours, and you'd get much better layouts from prostreet. I gave up with the juiced system because there were too many glitches, panel gaps and you couldn't blend everything together.

The SHIFT manufacturer vinyls are stupid though, the devs can paint and resize them... why can't we? I'm sure they used photoshop and instead made textures. XD Texmod time?
you can get past alot glitches in tuning in juiced 2(vinyl-side) , like, i tried to make a 2f2f skyline replica, did the stripes on sides and through a glitch a BIG BLURRY NONSHAPEY field of blue ness appeared on the trunk/rear bumper , so i made a big white square on the rear section so it covered blueness, THEN put on the necessary vinyls on it(fixed it 100% :))
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

baumaxx1 wrote:Juiced 2 also had a lot of glitches with the tuning, not many basic shapes so you could only use the themed stuff they gave you in particular colours, and you'd get much better layouts from prostreet. I gave up with the juiced system because there were too many glitches, panel gaps and you couldn't blend everything together.

juicede 2 wasnt thyat good though, at least i diddn't like it.

anyways, i sent an eamail to ea and they sent me one of those stupid responses. really long email, if you guys wann kno what i said, ask and i shall post
Instagram @SupraHKS
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

LOL I never said Juiced 2 was good (in fact it was a million steps backwards over the original Juiced) just that the concept of the car modding in it was far better realised than most NFS games. ProStreet was ok, but there were huge glaring errors that marred the experience, like the generic stretched/warped chickenwire texture over any vent/opening. The bits missing for certain DLC cars, and broken crashing if you tried to modify the CCX.

@Zotic+ would be interested to see what you said and what the response was ;)
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

sorry for not responding soon here it is...
mine:
Hello,
I have recently purchased Need for Speed Shift on the PS3 and when I am customizing my vinyls I do not have the option to mirror my vinyls so when I make a very detailed design on one side, i have to perfectly match it on the other side to get it to match and this is vary frustrating and a game is for enjoying not to be frustrated. I have noticed on all the NFS forums that everyone has the same problem and is waiting for a patch. My main question is will there be a small patch to fix this and how soon? this is a very minor fix witch makes a very major problem to players. Also I know it wouldnt be hard at all to embed the mirror into the game. I also would like to know why all manufacturer decals appear small and grey and can not be made larger or can not change the color. If this also a bug in the game please EA include this in the next patch and release it as soon as possible. I've been a NFS fan since 2001 and am very disappointed by this minor flaw and so are many other NFS fans and normal gamers. This minor flaw could make the decision for someone to buy either NFS Shift or Forza Motorsport 3 or DiRT2. So if you care for your clientel and want make more customers, Fix this little problem please and will make the game 20% better then it is. Thank You for your time and the great NFS franchise

I was thinkin of making these my business letter project for my english class lol
There Response:
Hi,

Thank you for writing to Electronic Arts.

I really apologize for delay in addressing your concern. However, as per your concern, the question you submitted seems to be related to the mechanics of playing the game. Due to the high volume of contacts we receive, Customer Support is only able to assist with issues of a technical nature, such as error messages, game lock-ups, or game crashes. For suggestions on how to play or utilize features of our games, we recommend visiting the games message board forum. You can reach the main forums web site for EA games at http://forums.ea.com. From that page you can select the game you have a question about. Other players are often the best resource for game play questions, and chances are good your question has already been mentioned. If not, you can post the question, and should receive answers shortly thereafter.

If you find that your question is not being addressed on the games message board forum, there are other online resources to try. Web sites such as http://www.gamespy.com and http://www.ign.com have reviews and information on almost every game, and http://www.gamefaqs.com has walkthroughs for most games currently available*.

Another option for game play help is to try the official game guide for the title in question. While not every game has an official game guide, most of the more prominent ones do. One of the leading publishers of strategy guides is Prima, you can find their website at http://www.primagames.com/. Their guides can also be found at most video game retailers.

Again, I'm sorry I cant help you out with this particular question, but please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have a technical problem or question. Please note that these sites are not reviewed or maintained by Electronic Arts.

For the latest technical support information about your favorite EA games, be sure to check out our online support page at (http://support.ea.com).

Thank you,

Robert
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

i kinda knew they would answer: Its not a technical support related question, so, go and find help somewhere else. come back when your game stops working. thats kinda what i got when i was trying to find out what happened with my Most Wanted cd-key-ea-account-combo.
anyway, other than mirroring the vinyls, we need the ability to size the manufacturer vinyls a bit more, and atleast make a simple choice like in other nfs games, black or white manufacturer vinyls, not 5-10 of them with colors and the rest is just left gray. Anyway, whatever happens, expect help only from the team that actually made NFS Shift, not from EA. Unless the help you need is to bring yourself into a bad mood.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

ElvenAvenger wrote:i kinda knew they would answer: Its not a technical support related question, so, go and find help somewhere else. come back when your game stops working. thats kinda what i got when i was trying to find out what happened with my Most Wanted cd-key-ea-account-combo.
anyway, other than mirroring the vinyls, we need the ability to size the manufacturer vinyls a bit more, and atleast make a simple choice like in other nfs games, black or white manufacturer vinyls, not 5-10 of them with colors and the rest is just left gray. Anyway, whatever happens, expect help only from the team that actually made NFS Shift, not from EA. Unless the help you need is to bring yourself into a bad mood.
ya i should email slightly mad studios
Instagram @SupraHKS
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Sent it to SMS....
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Zotic+ wrote:Sent it to SMS....
if any answer is to be expected, its from SMS. hope they answer soon.
corpse
Stock
Stock

Post by corpse »

sup everyone the resizeing of the manufacturering Vinyls can be done, i have done it by opening the paintshop.bff file and extracting the assets.xml file where u can choose which level u receive the vinyls and how they act... for example

Normal :

- <Group Id="28" TextId="460002" DefaultOptions="monoSticker" AssetType="1">
<Asset Id="2811" TextId="340011" Graphics="aem\sticker011" AssetType="1" Width="0.4" Height="0.2" UseShapeRenderMode="0" MinProfileLevel="0" />

Modded:

<Group Id="28" TextId="460002" DefaultOptions="ColrSticker" AssetType="0">
<Asset Id="2811" TextId="340011" Graphics="aem\sticker011" AssetType="0" Width="0.4" Height="0.2" UseShapeRenderMode="0" MinProfileLevel="0" />

least that is all i had to do.... just go down the chart where its assettype=1 change em to 0 and i change the default option aswell.......
just use the bff tools i used the bff injector to inject the new assests.xlm file back into the bff file since my game is not unpack....

Now asfar as coloring goes in the same paintshop.bff file i extracted all the aem folder to change the dds files from grey to white which took awhile at one by one process because those dds files are unlike the normal vinyls.. they pretty much just gave em a alpha layer and called it a day... they r low res (really) so when ur in the game and u start to stretch out the manufacturer vinyls they tend to get kinda blur and really bad shape to em.... certain ones look better than others, but i hope this helps u out on where to look for em and edit em. peace
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

That response from EA peeves me off...to be expected though.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:That response from EA peeves me off...to be expected though.
its been like 4months and SMS hasnt responded !@#$suckers
Instagram @SupraHKS

Return to “SHIFT”