N25 steering degrees

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

N25 steering degrees

Post by peterfaj »

I have a Logitech G25 steering wheel and one of it's features is 900 degree rotation. I'd like to know how to set the degrees.
In most games the wheel in game only rotates 90 degrees in each direction. So I have to set my wheel to around 180 degrees to be synchronized with the in-game wheel. But I've read many times that the 900 degrees mode is more realistic anyway.
So... what is it?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: N25 steering degrees

Post by vellu »

You need to install "Logitech Gaming Software Profiler"

That will allow you to adjust the steering degrees. Even invidually for each game if you like...

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/441/1 ... cl=roeu,en

Go to downloads, and make you OS/etc selection.

900 degrees is how much the steering turns from lock-to-lock on real cars (or atleast way closer than the 180-300 usually present in pc/console wheels). Hence, more realistic. Also more difficult since you really need to spin the wheels fast to get from lock-to-lock which you might need to do when driving aggressively.

Personally I use about 450 degrees, which allows me to go from lock-to-lock with both arms on the wheel without letting go either hand (at full lock either side arms are as "crossed" as they go)
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Thanks for the reply. I have the Profiler Software and I know how to adjust the steering degrees. But if I set it to 900 degrees, it is not synchronized with the in-game wheel (in most games, actually, I don't think I played one where it isn't like that). Does that mean that the game limits the steering to only 180 degrees (and I should set the degrees to that) or does it mean that the in-game steering wheel animations are incorrect?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

The games that you play probably just don't support 900 degrees for steering wheels. The only game I've played that actually does is Race Driver GRID.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

So, if a game only supports 180 degrees, does that mean the front wheels turn as if it was 900 degrees or is their rotation limited too?

Return to “The Hardware & Software”