BLiT's 10th Gen. 'Rolla! (Picture Heavy)

The forum to show off your ride - cars, motorbikes, trucks or other vehicles. Read the rules before posting your ride.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

BLiT's 10th Gen. 'Rolla! (Picture Heavy)

Post by Carcrazy »

I've got these beautiful looking TRD and Toyota boxes siting around me, and it's giving me inspiration to share my precious. :twisted:

Meet Corona, your run-of-the-mill naturally aspired four-cylinder Corolla econobox: :D

Now then, I haven't done much in the way of upgrades, aaand I don't really plan to. Just the stuff that makes it, you know, special to me. :D

Finished/In-Progress Upgrades:
Alpine 6x9 SPR-69C Type-R's (Rear)
TRD Lowering Springs
Toyota iPod Integration Kit
BLU Logic Integrated Bluetooth Communications Kit (Actually a gift from my mother.) \:D/
Custom "Low-Profile" SIRIUS Radio Install

Pending Upgrades:
Injen CAI (...it looks nice, and at least then I can say it's not bone-stock.) ^_~
TRD Rear Sway-Bar & Front Strut Brace
Custom Cat-Back (Either Apexi or Magnaflow universal muffler)
DC Sports 2ZR-FE Headers
NST Light-Weight Underdrive Crank Pulley
OZ Racing Alleggerita's (Anthracite Painted)
GReddy Informeter Touch (Embedded in Sun-Visor)
GReddy E-Manage Ultimate (You don't add a full air-flow system and expect to get power out of it with a Denso ECU.)
Toyota/Lexus OEM 7" DVD-Navigation System
2x Alpine 450watt Amplifiers (Powered through a JL Cleansweep to correct the EQ line.)
...and maybe if I'm lucky someone will actually make an intake manifold for the 2ZR!

Pics of the upgrades:
Yup, this was about as fun as it looks.

...the stock Toyota speakers. Maybe NOW you can tell why I had to replace them.

...the Type-R's

Fun, fun, fun! =/

...I have never been so happy to see Toyota symbols. \:D/

I can't wait to get these babies on. ^_^

I'll update once there's actually something else worth updating. :P
Last edited by Carcrazy on 14 Feb 2010, 03:49, edited 5 times in total.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: BLiT's 10th Gen. 'Rolla! (Picture Heavy)

Post by boganbusman »

Nice 'Rolla.

I would highly recommend upgrading the shock absorbers when you fit the lowering springs (and swaybar). The stock struts will take a pounding and not last for long, and also it won't handle very well without increased damping to match the new springs.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

That’s a pimpin’ ride. Though probably not the type of car I imagined you’d be driving a few years ago. It’s still the most interesting Corolla I’ve seen. Pretty schmicky for a first car.
I like the sound of the upgrades you’re planning to add. Let me know how the MP3 integration and Bluetooth turn out.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Will do jacoja, I'll hopefully be able to get them in this week if it ever stops raining.

And thx Bogan, I'll look around for some. =P
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Not a bad car at all... especially for a first one of course.
Very nice looking Rolla... looks sporty! to bad the slushbox is in it....

I got the weird feeling you made the pics with your phone right?
Cause... they *cough*suck*cough* (same goes for the location and photo angle :P)

Other then that I think you got a very nice car and some nice upgrades waiting
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

TheStig wrote:I got the weird feeling you made the pics with your phone right?
Cause... they *cough*suck*cough* (same goes for the location and photo angle :P)
Er, that could be a... distinct possibility.
I don't have a halfway decent camera around here, and most of those were taken after I first washed it, just because nobody had really seen it. Sometime once it warms up I'll see about maybe borrowing my sister's camera and taking it for a decent photo-shoot.

If not, then I definitely will once I raise the money for those OZ's, but that could take a while. :lol:
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

I wouldn't bother with the audio gear- it's not going to sound very good as there's far too little treble or midrange in the ballance. It'll be fine if all you want to listen to is dubstep, but won't work well with anything with tone, definition or vocals.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Who cares.... as long as it gives a huge BASS!!!
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

TheStig wrote:Who cares.... as long as it gives a huge BASS!!!
I'm an audiophile, so I care. I care about the quality of my music, not how many people it keeps awake.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

HAHA... you know I was just joking right?
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

I should hope so! ;)
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Actually, it's got fairly decent mids... highs on the other hand can be a different story. >_>

I'm with the Stig, if it doesn't bounce like it's got hydraulics than your speakers aren't big enough! :lol:
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

First post updated.

I should have a pretty penny or two coming in over the next few weeks, so expect upgrades.
I'll replace the pictures when I buy a decent camera. (Oh yeah, the actually having a license part helps with a decent photo-shoot.) =P

Useful suggestions welcome, as always.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Soooo, I haven't been on in a while... aaaand this is part of the reason.

Happened a while back as I was leaving a tutoring session at school (the only time all year I stayed for math help.) >.<

Anyway, I'll spare the long story, but the cop said it was my fault. So I got stuck with over $1,700 of damages to the Corolla and $317 to the damn Jetta. Well, since I've always claimed this as my car and not my parents car, I said I'd pitch in as much as I really can. I'm going to pay my parents $900 of the repair bill out of my own pocket. Sure, it's not much - hardly even half - but at least I have the satisfaction of knowing I'm taking care of my car.

This is what I meant when I was speaking of accidents before I got the car... now I'm heartbroken AND broke. Oh well.
In the mean-time, I've been working on some cheap mods - but mainly improving what I've already done. Sometime next week I'm going to re-wire my audio system's amplifier and maybe hard-wire my Sirius radio's power connection before taking it in to get the oil changed. (My parents flat-out won't let me do it myself, for "warranty reasons.")

Anywho, start the criticism now. I'll wash her up next week and get some pictures of the non-dented side to replace the ones in the first post - unless I'm working, which is a great possibility. :P

-Carcrazy ^_~
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

/me patpats Carcrazy.

I know how you feel, man. :(
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Dayymn! That really sucks. It’s a shame that the rear door also tagged a bit of damage.

I like long stories. :)
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:/me patpats Carcrazy.

I know how you feel, man. :(
Thanks man... yeah, it sucks. Did you ever get the Miata fixed from that hit and run?
jacoja06 wrote:I like long stories. :)
Alrighty then. Normally I'd leave school 10-15 minutes late due to weight lifting, but on this particular day I got help in math for the last 30 minutes of school instead of heading to the gym. When I got to my car, I put my phone in it's dock (it's attached to the windshield for easy access,) texted my mother to tell her I was on my way as usual, and was about to back up when I spotted one of the seniors walking behind me. I waited for them to go across, sat about an extra second to make sure they weren't going to back up (they started playing around with someone,) and then reversed, keeping an extra keen eye out the back expecting one of the SUV's to not see me and back up.

Next thing I know I heard that same senior shout "hey hey, watch out!" and about the time I turned my head over to the side I heard the crunch. Turns out that she'd looked back, saw me waiting for that senior to move, and started backing out just a few seconds after I'd cleared him. She stopped in time to not hit me, but was half-way out of her parking spot and was sitting in my blind spot. (The "parking lot" is really just a gravel-type field thing, with enough room for one row of cars on each side. She was on the opposite side, one slot over from the driver's side of the car. When I looked in the mirror she was stationary and in park, and as she's so small I couldn't even tell she was sitting in the car. With the way the rear-quarter panels are on the Corolla, you can really only see what's directly behind you through the rear-window. Thus, I had no idea she'd moved at all and didn't stop like she did. Despite the fact that my car was moving first and was ALL the way out of my parking spot, the cop cited me the ticket since I was the only party in motion at the time of collision.)

There you go. Scratched the paint on the Jetta and ruined a door and a half on the Corolla. It could've been worse, though... I just wish I didn't have to wait the whole summer to get it repaired. V.V

Although I feel I should note for the record, this was only her second day with a license. :lol:
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

man the cops where you are must be morons. it wasnt even your fault it was hers for not yielding the right of way. and in the words of my hick friends "That'll buff right out"
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

One of my pals keeps saying just to take a plunger to it. :lol:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I don't know the rules over there, but here if you are the one backing up it's always your fault unless it can be proven that they where there to make you hit them.

Look it's always a sad thing no matter who's fault it is, and don't take this the wrong way, but how can you not see something that hit the driver-side door?
could you make a drawing or something, to make it more clear, because what I read it looks like a silly accident that should have easily been avoided...
Like said don't take this the wrong way, but it's my job to teach people what and what not to do in a car, so I am always interested in accidents and how they came to be.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

viper16 wrote:man the cops where you are must be morons. it wasnt even your fault it was hers for not yielding the right of way. and in the words of my hick friends "That'll buff right out"
Um, what planet are you on? It's pretty obvious that you've got no knowledge of driving :roll:
Carcrazy- it's just one of those things, it happens! Stiggy-boy is right when he says that it's the fault of whoever is moving at the time of an accident if one driver is stationary- particularly if you're backing up. Just be glad that it wasn't worse :)
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

steelsnake00 wrote:
viper16 wrote:man the cops where you are must be morons. it wasnt even your fault it was hers for not yielding the right of way. and in the words of my hick friends "That'll buff right out"
Um, what planet are you on? It's pretty obvious that you've got no knowledge of driving :roll:
Carcrazy- it's just one of those things, it happens! Stiggy-boy is right when he says that it's the fault of whoever is moving at the time of an accident if one driver is stationary- particularly if you're backing up. Just be glad that it wasn't worse :)
Hey I know how to drive. I just failed my license test for the same thing except I didnt hit no one.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

We were both backing up, I'd just started first. I didn't, however, argue with him... I wasn't watching the side of the car. Instead, I was trying to focus on the Tahoe that I'd just seen someone get in... next thing I know there's a Jetta knocking on the back door. Had I been paying MORE attention, between the two of us it could've been prevented.

As for a picture, this is about as much as I can do without loading up Photoshop for 20 minutes. =x
Attachments
wreck.png
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

This is why I love driving a convertible - no blind spots. :D
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

. . . except when the roof is up, and then you can't see anything.

Few weeks ago I hit some Camry with the back on my Civic. Luckily the fibreglass bumper just broke and no damage was done to the other car. Fixed it up with zipties!

Damaging doors really sucks though, they are hella expensive to repair properly. Most of the time it's just packed in with filler which is cheap n nasty, but for $1700 it sounds like they're going to replace the doors (or at least the front door)

Return to “Your Rides”