BLiT's 10th Gen. 'Rolla! (Picture Heavy)

The forum to show off your ride - cars, motorbikes, trucks or other vehicles. Read the rules before posting your ride.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: BLiT's 10th Gen. 'Rolla! (Picture Heavy)

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

boganbusman wrote:. . . except when the roof is up, and then you can't see anything.
Well, yeah, but the top is never up while I drive. o: You're right, though - when the top is up, you can't see shiznit.

I've got to get the right door and rear quarter panel on the Miata repaired, sometime, too and was quoted $1600, so I definitely feel your pain, Carcrazy.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

viper16 wrote:Hey I know how to drive. I just failed my license test for the same thing except I didnt hit no one.
Sorry, I just don't believe you. You've lurked on this forum for what seems like a decade and have never made a single intelligent or well-informed post. My conclusion is that you're about 14, pretending to be older.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

steelsnake00 wrote:
viper16 wrote:Hey I know how to drive. I just failed my license test for the same thing except I didnt hit no one.
Sorry, I just don't believe you. You've lurked on this forum for what seems like a decade and have never made a single intelligent or well-informed post. My conclusion is that you're about 14, pretending to be older.
1. Im not 14 I'm 19
2. I make Intellegent posts, you just think you know everything
3. If you dont like what I post, Dont read it then.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Alright guys, calm down. No reason to start a flaming session in the thread...

@ Hazmat: To be honest, I'd rather have to repair another door than a rear-quarter panel. Even if I am paying more and only getting ONE door. >.<

Ah well, hopefully you'll get it fixed soon. :P
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

I’ve been trying to think of something intelligent to say about the accident you had, carcrazy. But nothing comes to mind. That was very unfortunate. Maybe you should invest in some parking sensors after the repair job? :)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Hmm, I've never seen side parking senors before :lol:
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

viper16 wrote:
steelsnake00 wrote:
1. Im not 14 I'm 19
2. I make Intellegent posts, you just think you know everything
3. If you dont like what I post, Dont read it then.
You're a prat.

Back O/T- Im sure you could get side parking sensors- or just attach some rear parking sensors to the door! Or a minature camera in each wing mirror ;).
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

boganbusman wrote:Hmm, I've never seen side parking senors before :lol:
You're probably right. :P Though when I reverse the A3 out of the garage, it beeps to warn me about my car parked (parallel) on the driveway. So the rear sensors must have some sort of range side-on.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

You're a prat.

Back O/T- Im sure you could get side parking sensors- or just attach some rear parking sensors to the door! Or a minature camera in each wing mirror ;)
takes one to know one.

O/T Why dont you get a back up camera and mount it by your plate and wire it to your headunit
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

or... and that's just a maybe... you could try to look over your shoulders more :wink:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I'm with Stiggy. :lol:
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:I'm with Stiggy. :lol:
It does seem like the simplest option. XP
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

sometimes the simple solutions are the best :D

Hope you get it all fixed up properly and without trouble.

keep us posted
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Since you guys were so great with that, maybe you can help me with something. I've noticed a mild vibration at 900rpm that seems to be getting worse, slowly. I'm wondering if the harmonic balancer might be lose. (That's what Google said to check, anyway.)

I heard that if it moves at ALL when you try to do so with your hand, it needs to be replace. Wonderful... now where the hell is it? I'm sure I can find it rather easily, I just have no idea what I'm looking for.

Care to shed some insight? :P

--EDIT--
I know every engines going to vibrate... they're not perfect. This smooths out at 1,000rpm and above, and there's nothing like it at the car's 800rpm idle. Running the A/C, however, will cause the car to switch between an 800 and 900rpm idle, which is why I've even noticed it at all. With the A/C off, the car sits at 800rpm and everything is fine and good. If I feather the throttle to 900, however, the vehicle begins shaking. I've got it on video, and it's actually enough to shake the picture, so if anyone's interested in seeing it I can certainly do it again to show you. (I was talking with the radio on in this video... it's like 5 minutes of condensed bore.) :lol:
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

The harmonic balancer is the crank pulley. It bolts onto the end of the crankshaft at the front of the engine. There should be nothing wrong with it, assuming that your car is low-mileage (looks like it). Also it's quite hard to reach unless you pull some stuff off the car.

So from what you describe, it only vibrates at idle when under load (A/C puts load on the engine). Is there any difference between putting the trans in park or drive?

atm the only thing I can think of that might cause the vibration is the MAF sensor on the intake. It's fairly common on Toyotas for the MAF to cause running problems. Try cleaning it with a can of MAF sensor cleaner and see if that helps.

Return to “Your Rides”