Reserection of the Showroom Weekly (?)

Home of our weekly publication called The Showroom Weekly. Suggest new features, submit articles, discuss the spotlighted items.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Reserection of the Showroom Weekly (?)

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Hi everyone,
I was recently looking back at the old showroom weekly's, and I remembered what a great thing they were, I only joined recently enough to see the few most recently "published" issues, but initiatives like the weekly and the Showroom itself have helped bond the community of the site and distinguish it as one of the frontrunning NFS fan sites.

So I posted this topic to see what the possibility of bringing it back would be. I realise that a lot of the writers for the magazine would be inactive from the site, but would their be enough willing users to help contribute now to bring it back to its' weekly status?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Re: Reserection of the Showroom Weekly (?)

Post by baumaxx1 »

It required a fair bit of work to put together, and the site updates, features and creativity board stuff was what you couldn't just look at the homepage for. I can't do it alone, and I'm short on time nowdays. We never ended up finding replacements for the old team. If you can get a few people together though you could get it running.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Okay, thanks for the reply Baumaxx, I doubt I can get enough people willing enough to contribute, but I might as well give it a go, I realise how the Weekly would've been fairly painstaking process to go through on a regular basis, but even if we can get some people together to bring out a copy every now and again, I'll be more than satisfied :)

EDIT: I messaged several users I thought would be good contributers, how many people do you think we'll need for the Weekly to make a comeback?
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Over 9000
lol wut
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Aren't the admins on the site just so helpful and informative :lol:

Anyway, with the assumption that that figure is a bit off, my question still stands :D
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

One extremely obsessive contributive person or ten people willing to do it, depending on how good their writing is and perhaps some editors, replacements when someone is busy...
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah well I'm glad to say I've got quite a few people willing to help out so far, not quite 10, but I think it should be enough to balance the load fairly well, and I'm sure the guys who said yes are gonna help out a bit.

And Baumaxx, I'll PM you the stage that Rizur and I are up to in terms of sorting out both who's helping out and each persons role :wink:

And while I'm here I might as well give a shout out to anyone interested, if you want to help out in any way, doesn't have to be a major role, even if it's a replacement dutie if someone is busy or anything, please contact me via PM, because the more people we got helping out the easier it's gonna be :P
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

I'm sorry, I pretty much just come to troll here nowadays. :D
lol wut
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Successful troll is successful. :P

*high-fives*
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

True, true...:lol:

Just so everyone knows, the SRW is officially back! Reserection successful :P
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

_BLAHHEAD_ wrote:One extremely obsessive contributive person or ten people willing to do it, depending on how good their writing is and perhaps some editors, replacements when someone is busy...
Haha, I suggest the 10... I got burned out doing it myself for a while. If I can offer any advice... don't try too hard. Don't let it take too much time away or you'll stress yourself out over something that's done for fun.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah, for sure Baumaxx :wink:

Oh, and just realised I spelt it "reserection" instead of "resurrection" :lol: woops!

Return to “Showroom Weekly”