Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

2010 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

1 Excited
No votes
2 Not excited
No votes
3 Indifferent
No votes
19 I has a bukkit
100%

Total votes: 1

oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

I'm not excited about the news of NFS HP...

First of all, I don't feel like this is a progression of the NFS franchise...To me it's just another remake of a popular classic game...Well adding a whole cop career thing is a sort of progression, but I feel like that's something 8 years behind schedule...just hope it does not turn out like Undercover (shameful)...Second of all, I dont know if we are going to be able to personalize the vehicles...Being able to customize your rides has become a trademark of the Need for Speed franchise...Finally, $60 for the PC version, are they trying to make the honest customers pay for thieves?...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

Post by Andre_online »

I personally am very excited about this. Call me old school, but those were the days that made NFS, NFS. It's about time they went back to where they started off from, and revamp it.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Andre_online wrote:I personally am very excited about this. Call me old school, but those were the days that made NFS, NFS. It's about time they went back to where they started off from, and revamp it.
+1
Instagram @SupraHKS
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

I hope there is a bit of customisation, but tbh I am looking forward to the Grand Tourer style of HP and HP2. With the open world and other advances in gfx (loaded up HP2 and made my eyes bleed last night...) I can't wait to play it. From what I have seen in the trailer and the two gameplay vids the cars look like they handle light and well rather than the most recent outings of the series. Hell everything since Underground has had issues in some way with the handling...
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Andre_online wrote:I personally am very excited about this. Call me old school, but those were the days that made NFS, NFS. It's about time they went back to where they started off from, and revamp it.
This +2
AceAdams
Stock
Stock

Post by AceAdams »

very excited about this. I'm planning on starting up some kind of Seacrest County Police Clan or something. lol

I wish they had crown vics, but I'm overall very happy. I like the general idea.

I wish they didn't have a bunch of unrealistic tools, (like cloaking, and EMPs) and I wish you could start pursuit organically while wandering in the open world, rather than having to "set-up" pursuits... but who knows.. there's a lot to learn before release.

This reminds me of high stakes, my favorite NFS game, in which you had competent AI backup as a cop and you could search a track for a racer and it had a cool, ominous feel where you didn't know when you'd get to jump into pursuit, or when it would end. I hope they can somehow recreate that feeling.
shinjeon9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by shinjeon9 »

oshaylinux wrote:I'm not excited about the news of NFS HP...

First of all, I don't feel like this is a progression of the NFS franchise...To me it's just another remake of a popular classic game...Well adding a whole cop career thing is a sort of progression, but I feel like that's something 8 years behind schedule...just hope it does not turn out like Undercover (shameful)...Second of all, I dont know if we are going to be able to personalize the vehicles...Being able to customize your rides has become a trademark of the Need for Speed franchise...Finally, $60 for the PC version, are they trying to make the honest customers pay for thieves?...
Don't hope or hope...Undercover is shiznit. I don't hope much in customization since the really first, the main focus of Need for Speed is exotic cars. If you don't like it, just don't buy it. :D
AceAdams wrote:very excited about this. I'm planning on starting up some kind of Seacrest County Police Clan or something. lol

I wish they had crown vics, but I'm overall very happy. I like the general idea.

I wish they didn't have a bunch of unrealistic tools, (like cloaking, and EMPs) and I wish you could start pursuit organically while wandering in the open world, rather than having to "set-up" pursuits... but who knows.. there's a lot to learn before release.

This reminds me of high stakes, my favorite NFS game, in which you had competent AI backup as a cop and you could search a track for a racer and it had a cool, ominous feel where you didn't know when you'd get to jump into pursuit, or when it would end. I hope they can somehow recreate that feeling.
Actually EMPs its not too unrealistic...it is the tools used by military. Cloaking maybe only the unrealistic tools, since radar jammer is also not too unrealistic. Especially in a game.
The only risk is if there is no risk at all.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Radar Jammer's are available IRL for cars anyway. They give interference signals out to Police radar traps. Good times :)

Cloaks are a bit on the odd side though. No need for them, but hey it's ingame and there's usually something silly in an NFS. For half of them it's been the ridiculous Bodykits that no bloke/girl who wasn't blind would use IRL...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I have nothing against Crown vics but...seriously, they hadnt added them earlier, doubt they will "seriously" appear now. I mean, in a game where Bugatti Veyron is a cop car? now that would be some crazy car list :twisted:
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

I’m very excited about this game. I know that they aren’t exactly reinventing themselves with a new Hot Pursuit title. But after 8 years of gaming development it’ll be very nice to have an updated version of what initially made NFS so popular.
By looking at the videos, the game looks fun. The handing looks very arcadey, but the cars don't look 'light'. A perfect balance for a Hot Pursuit game, IMO.

GT5 + NFS:HP. Cannot wait till November!
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Excited. It's like a "blast from the past", so to say, but with some added things to appeal to a more modern audience. That and we won't have to worry about Black Box's mishaps.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

this year's 3 racing games will definitely keep me going for a GOOD FULL year or 2 even...

I already bought a PS3 just for GT5, TDU2 for sure I'll be getting... and THIS!!!

I'm SERIOUSLY excited for the fall season, and seriously scared of it at the same time... it'll be taking most of my time lol...
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

jacoja06 wrote:The handing looks very arcadey, but the cars don't look 'light'.
The light comment is made in comparison to Pro Street, Undercover and Shift where all the cars have a very heavy feel with a lack of subtlety or finesse to the handling, especially compared to Underground and Underground 2. Hell I was disappointed with HP2 for it's heavy handling back in the day. The original HP at the time had it right as well as U1 and U2 (well without the stupid bump lurch every time you tapped the turn key). Oh and the bump lurch looked decidedly absent in the gameplay vids too :D
jacoja06 wrote:A perfect balance for a Hot Pursuit game, IMO.
Agreed :)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:Excited. It's like a "blast from the past", so to say, but with some added things to appeal to a more modern audience. That and we won't have to worry about Black Box's mishaps.
Oh man. I hope Criterion doesn't disappoint!
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

I'm glad NFS is going back to what it used to be. Never liked anything from Underground and up, completely redefining the franchise and nearly destroying it with gaudy looking cars and Hollywood style racing. Yes, the games to a certain degree were fun, but I never considered them NFS in the least bit. Call me old school.

I've been reading about the little info that we have on the new HP game and overall I like what I hear. However, things like unlimited nitrous and so-called power ups turn me off. I guess it's there to level the playing field since cops have spikes and roadblocks at their disposal, but I'll reserve my opinion until I see more footage or actually play the game.

I'm not expecting it to be a complete throwback (i.e. same feel and atmosphere as the original games), but more of a modern interpretation of HP2 with a little Burnout feel to it. Although I wouldn't mind having some techno music similar to the old games.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

junior6at wrote:Although I wouldn't mind having some techno music similar to the old games.
like this one?

I thought it was really familiar when I was playing Mass Effect 2 and was in Omega's Afterlife Club... until someone mentioned it's from High Stakes...

ahhhh the nostalgia!

and here's the full playlist of High Stakes soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mAtPQv1 ... playnext=1
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

^ I nostalgia'd all over my keyboard. Imagine going into the car selection screen in the new HP game and all of a sudden Callista started playing in the background. How awesome would that be?!
Dinashan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dinashan »

Not too keen on this game as yet. I am taking a wait & see stance. I have played need for speed since underground, I did not have the earlier titles. I did not purchase shift because I had lost faith in EA.
Speeding along minding my own business...
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

It's looking good so far unless you desire tuning. Then you are left in the cold. The game is meant to handle better than Burnout Paradise but nowhere near a sim. Hopefully that leaves it squarely in Flat Out 2 territory ;)
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

With these special items, this feels lke a sequel to Nitro (which I never saw to play). That is, the game may be fun, but it's unworthy of the Hot Pursuit name.
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

In the video we see that one of the racers is tagged as "most wanted".
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Kaerar wrote:It's looking good so far unless you desire tuning. Then you are left in the cold. The game is meant to handle better than Burnout Paradise but nowhere near a sim. Hopefully that leaves it squarely in Flat Out 2 territory ;)
i hope it will not be as easy to spin out a car as it was in Flatout 2 or else its not going to be "high speed chases", but instead "High degree spins"
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

lol I found it hard to spin out in FO2. The likeliest cause was a rogue piece of Debris or an insane opponent. Once you had the handling figured it was really satisfying. I just wish there had been a few more cars to choose from and less spread between the different levels. Having an uber car on each level kinda ruined the replay value as that was the car always chosen. I tended to run one below the best (or a lot if playing with friends) so I could get a challenge online back in the day ;)

FO2 with realistic object weighting would be the best physics to date IMO. Beats the over realism of the sims, mainly cos it's realistic and fun at the same time :D
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

feeling "yay" here as Hot Pursuit are my favorite games.

Don't mind about it being an arcade, but the "busted" system that has been shown seems pretty lame tbh.
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Indifferent, quite honestly.

Because at this rate, I'm not 100% sure if going back to the roots is going to be the biggest breakthrough or mistake. But if it does suck, we'll always hear the moaning from retro fans for years to come.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*

Return to “Hot Pursuit”