Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

2010 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

1 Excited
No votes
2 Not excited
No votes
3 Indifferent
No votes
19 I has a bukkit
100%

Total votes: 1

mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

Post by mean2u »

might as well toss in my 2 cents here.

- i like the handling its surprisingly heavy and it maintains a burnout drift system except you cant go full throttle because you'll spin out
- powerups are dumb, should be cop tools only. give racers boost bar multiplier like in burnout
- requring autolog friend to unlock the other demo event is dumb
- the aa settings look kind of funny

pretty fun game. also traffic magnets are a joke learn to drive
Stingray24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stingray24 »

Used to be excited until the PC community was crapped on ... again ... in favor of the low budget console side. If this is the direction developers insist on going, I'll save my money for a company that will configure their game for a gaming PC instead of a weak console.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:I'm not 100% satisfied with World at the moment, but it sounds to me like you got shelled with Traffic Magnets and couldn't dodge them well enough.
Not at all. I can't even play world properly cos I have a 300ping to the nearest server under the best conditions. Hell I end up winning most races even though on screen I'm about 4th-5th due to the fact the powerups can't hit me with the lag. So it's not that I've had a bad experience with them as such but things like that aren't needed in a proper racing game, even an arcade one. The point of the race is to win, not find the most power ups for the ADD/ADHD generation...
mean2u wrote:might as well toss in my 2 cents here...traffic magnets are a joke learn to drive
Funny mate. Already mentioned traffic magnets are useless against me. Hell if I was on a 5ping server it wouldn't bother me much but it does bother those of average or less skill. Mainly because they don't have the reactions to avoid it.

In dunno kids these days...
Stingray24 wrote:Used to be excited until the PC community was crapped on ... again ... in favor of the low budget console side. If this is the direction developers insist on going, I'll save my money for a company that will configure their game for a gaming PC instead of a weak console.
You expected different from a console developer? It's still going to look good and run well on a PC (unless the stupid frame limiters are left in...) so TBH from Criterion it's not an unexpected turn of events. But it does mean that I am unwilling to pay the full price for the game. Maybe I'll get it second hand after everyone doesn't want it...
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

mean2u wrote:might as well toss in my 2 cents here.

- i like the handling its surprisingly heavy and it maintains a burnout drift system except you cant go full throttle because you'll spin out- powerups are dumb, should be cop tools only. give racers boost bar multiplier like in burnout
- requring autolog friend to unlock the other demo event is dumb- the aa settings look kind of funny

pretty fun game. also traffic magnets are a joke learn to drive
the handiling is on the heavy side, but maybe thats also because these are beginning cars, but i actually like the feel of it. but i havent pushed the throttle too hard and spun out. i hold the throttle down throughout the drift and succesfully drift the corner. i also feel like i am able to control the drift more

i still havent done this event

have you noticed how you can turn the lights off? i think thats pretty cools. Also i was just cruising around the first race and noticed the shortcuts branch out a little, so now it seems like it has smaller sections to drive through and that its not all highway
Instagram @SupraHKS
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Zotic+ wrote:have you noticed how you can turn the lights off? i think thats pretty cools.
Mark Webber mentioned that in a preview and showed it as well. So you can turn your siren and lights of and wait at the side for any unsuspecting Racers and then surprise attack them.
Also i was just cruising around the first race and noticed the shortcuts branch out a little, so now it seems like it has smaller sections to drive through and that its not all highway
So what you mean is that there are smaller roads as well that are connected to the main roads or are you talking about the shortcuts? And can you free roam on the whole map or just a small part?
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

I am pleasantly surprised to see this thread go on this long...even though NFS HP has a lot of nice features about it, I'm still not excited about...i would love to more RPG in it, customizable 3D avatars, full control over ever aspect of the car, visual customizations interior/exterior and mechanical modifications...that way the cars would look and drive the way i want to too...i want garages where i could work on my cars and then show case them lined up side-by-side...and have it where i could go check out my friends rides...i want split screen and LAN options to go along with auto log...i want all nfs games going forward to be the kinda racing you create a living virtual life in and not just race and snap a few pictures...NFS HP looks like it's going to be a nice game, just not enough for me in a racing franchise as old as NFS...
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Ok, the game has been out for a few days now, i think that's enough time to get an update on how people feel about it...Why do you feel that way about?...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I love it because it feels like Burnout Paradise and i enjoyed that game a lot.

Also i am hooked to online Hot Pursuits...i prefer the racer side though :lol:
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Quite addicting, and challenging. Best NFS game since Most Wanted, IMO.

I love playing as a cop the most.
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

So last Friday after work, I stopped by BB to cave in and buy NFS:HP, the FIRST time in ACTUALLY supporting EA for once...

I bring it home, install and play, its runs pretty smooth and stable for the most part, and not bad on old 3870 and Q6600 at stock speeds. Though It doesn't feel like a good NFS like I always known, Its just Burnout-ized and the AA doesn't look like it exists..The handling is well, heavy..mehh and the only favorite car I like is the new Ford Taurus SHO cop interceptor. and it feels odd playing with my G25, since it wasn't made for it and not optimized. My 360 gamepad plays better...Though so far in getting my full $50, the one thing I care is STABILITY!!!!

There is 1 problem, which I find very odd..
When I close the game, it freezes. Though I can end the task to close it BUT its still sitting there. I tried killing the process many times but it wont go away... :( Though when I have my 360 controller connected and close it, its perfectly fine..

Has anyone come across this issue? I dont want to make a new thread for a silly flaw....
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Game is excellent, I have way too much to say, but I think the racerside in online is way too unbalanced. Sometimes a player leaves just at the very beggining of the match, like 4 cops vs 3 and game still considers the player that left, i mean, the damage is still the same and hell, they all emp at the same time, some lags causes you to magically crash with a ghost car and causing damage to your car.....it gets nasty to be honest :(
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Anyone knows if we could somehow use the photomode in offline? I'm not always connected to internet.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Danyutz wrote:Anyone knows if we could somehow use the photomode in offline? I'm not always connected to internet.
I don't think so, it may store your pics to your "My Pictures" folder in "My Documents" but if there's no online, it will not upload them to the autolog.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

OMG! 70km race is rape!
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Danyutz wrote:OMG! 70km race is rape!
I have yet to unlock Seacrest Tour, but sweet monkey flaps, it'll be a hell of a challenge.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I finished it with a 1+ minute lead over opponents...the only challenge there was to not crash.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Finished it with 20s lead...enough for me :)
jackendonald
Stock
Stock

Post by jackendonald »

After playing the NFSHP more, and in the public version of the cabin, then behind closed doors, I had mixed feelings about the game if you have played Outrun, and the style is very familiar with HP. It is essentially a double event space - the normal course quickly and directly to the State may request the State and very easy to get behind the wheel when cornering.
LITE992
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LITE992 »

The best I've done on the Tour is around 13:30, 30 seconds shy of 1st on Autolog.

The best cars IMO, are the slowest and lightest ones. They have better handling, which can help in the long run, especially when dodging traffic.

When a racer is targeted by a cop's EMP, the racer will almost always jam. Earlier racers used to have multiple jammers, making the cop's EMP's useless. Now I believe racers only get one jammer, and cops get 2 EMP's.

Traffic can prove to be quite frustrating, even though they seem quite easy to dodge.

I still believe this is one of the best racing games made, and the best NFS.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i got the game for christmas.... i'd have to say i'm way impressed because this is the first racing game in a while that i've actually had to try really hard and redo races to be able to get the gold or win the race. its actually challenging
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

I also received the game for Christmas, and while it doesn't seem to hold my interest or attention, I do find the game relaxing to play.
korge
Mr Xclusive
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mr Xclusive »

its the best need for speed in years

very good steering, everything about is great, except for the amount of people that play it, its so inactive
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Its the closest to the "true" classics, I'm talking about ,1,2,3(hot pursuit),4,5,6(hot pursuit 2), if you are a teenager from the 2000's then underground its your classics for me i saw the birth of need for speed when i was about 13 or 14 years old.gran turismo dint,exist nor forza,gt came on a lil bit later and off course it gave birth to driving simulator need for speed and test drive were battling but test drive always seem broken but a new rival was waking up and that was burnout while need for speed was going through the underground phase burnout was taking the arcade racing genre by storm and now in most wanted 2012 need for speed has blend with burnout.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Ah, I remember posting in this thread before the game came out. Heated discussions all over the place about what each of us wanted out of NFS.

In retrospect, HP2010 was a decent reimagination of the classic HP series. Even if I didn't fully agree with what Criterion did with it, I can't deny that it was the most fun I've had in an NFS game in a long time.

NFS will always be forever changing, attracting fans with different tastes and expectations. It's for that reason why we constantly keep bumping heads with one another when it comes to sharing our opinions. Forums, YouTube, or anywhere else, I really don't see the arguments ever dying.

That said, here's my humble message to all those arguing about what NFS really is: just enjoy the games that you love. Everyone has their own preferences, they should be allowed to express them as much as you, so let everyone be and just allow yourself to enjoy what you love.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

junior6at wrote:Ah, I remember posting in this thread before the game came out. Heated discussions all over the place about what each of us wanted out of NFS.

In retrospect, HP2010 was a decent reimagination of the classic HP series. Even if I didn't fully agree with what Criterion did with it, I can't deny that it was the most fun I've had in an NFS game in a long time.

NFS will always be forever changing, attracting fans with different tastes and expectations. It's for that reason why we constantly keep bumping heads with one another when it comes to sharing our opinions. Forums, YouTube, or anywhere else, I really don't see the arguments ever dying.

That said, here's my humble message to all those arguing about what NFS really is: just enjoy the games that you love. Everyone has their own preferences, they should be allowed to express them as much as you, so let everyone be and just allow yourself to enjoy what you love.

i respect everyone opinions the problem its when the opinion doesn't make sense and it goes into a repetitive mode, like make underground 3, make most wanted 2,need for speed :burnout, most wanted burnout,burnout most wanted now someone will say i respect the opinions of everyone but I'm more of a underground player ,i wish they could make a underground 3-(this guy its expressing everything in a coherent formal way while still accepting the series moving on from the underground era)..I'm a classic nfs fan and i don't like alot of what criterion did with hot pursuit but in the end i was like damn this is as closest to the classics ,criterion know what they doing ,wait takedowns,aggressive driving i remember in the classics those were the craziest moments ever crashing into a cop or taking them outta of the road that was fun and now with most wanted they up the ante with a more open world like burnout soo pretty much everyone its against the game, but i barely hear fans that grew up with the classics complaining about it why?..because beneath the sugar eye candy neon light fantasy party need for speed its about racing and having fun or just picking up a car and stepping on the pedal while being chase by your opponent or the police and as long as they keep the core in the games no one should complained about most wanted beneath the takedowns, the open world ,the billboards,autolog.ect..we still race ,have fun while being chase by an opponent or the cops.

The day need for speed becomes a action/adventure game and there is no racing or fast cars and epic roads or environments, i will quit the series but as long they keep the core values of the series then it will always be welcome by me also a franchise needs to go through changes,phases to survive if not another will take over.

Just play and have fun. :)

"I feel the need!..The need for speed!"

Return to “Hot Pursuit”