Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

2010 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

1 Excited
No votes
2 Not excited
No votes
3 Indifferent
No votes
19 I has a bukkit
100%

Total votes: 1

Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

Post by Zotic+ »

i dont care for this quick race option, if im correct, this game will work like burnout paradise, it will mainly b free roam and all thee races and events will be scattered around the map. I think autolog will be just like BP but in BP you can only compare road rules, but with this NFS, it will be all events. I just hope there is free roam online with a big gameroom
Instagram @SupraHKS
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Quick race? What's that? Don't think I've used it since the original Hot Pursuit. Ironic if it's ditched in this one ;)

It's not such a bad thing for MP, but SP it's just pointless for the most part. There's no reason for racing...
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

So far the only thing that is ruining this game is the weapons system, specifically the racer having access to spike strips and that lame "turbo system" (despite some cars being NA).
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Exactly, why have weapons? It's meant to be about the cars...
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LancerEvoFan0504 »

Kaerar wrote:Exactly, why have weapons? It's meant to be about the cars...
Well I understand the Turbo System but can't cops call road blocks in real life and they do have helicopters and spike strips but they don't have an EMP. I'm just saying some of the suff is ok but they could get rid of the crazy ones.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Spikes were exclusive to cops before, it just doesn't make sense to me why racers should have them too. Maybe replace it with something unique to racers, like oil slicks, smoke screens, I don't know.

Actually scratch that, that's too ridiculous for a nfs game. Then again, looks like that's where nfs is headed...
Canary
Stock
Stock

Post by Canary »

Hello all,

I am new to this forum, but after reading this thread I felt like I have to give my '5 cents' . First let me answer the main topic question, regarding new HP. At first I was quite excited, but after few videos that leaked onto Youtube I am now in doubts whether this will be proper NFS or not. At this point you're probably thinking just another Old School junkie, but bear with me. The feeling of the old HP is hard to explain, everything felt right bang-on at the time it came out. Epic drives, epic cars - pure petrolhead's game. Yes the cars were hard to get drifting and sometimes being a cop rather sucked, but there was a sense in the game that people who made the game actually drove home in their Lambos at million miles an hour. Also, I was about 8 back then and everything new had WHOA, shiznit! effect. And cars that SHOULD be faster WERE faster. PERIOD. Then came out Porsche Unleashed. My favourite NFS so far, mostly because of the handling. There is a coleration between FUN and DIFFICULTY. And it goes like gaussian distribution.If game is easy to beat, I can do it while reading newspaper and getting a BJ from my girlfriend. Not that I would be getting one with such additude to her, :D . Game is too realistic and you get bored after 5 minutes of trying not to spin out. And PU was in the middle. And next thing is the problem of modern generations I guess - customization. In NFS-PU it was all about getting your car better technically. And if you had too much horsepower, you spun out everytime you tap accelerating button. Then boy oh boy came out the horrible Underground. That was around time when Fast and Furious came out. And just let me point out the problem with that. First of all, NFS targeted an audience they saw the most profit in. And that are teenagers mostly without driver's license, or with riced out Hondas who NEVER ever hold spanner in their life. Maybe changed the spark pluges. I dont critisize tuning, I just dont like riced out hondas with 1.4 95hp engine under the bonnet and chap behind the wheel who thinks he's just as tough as Vin Diesel. In FnF you can see tuned up Skyline, EVO, Supra itd. Proper tuning cars. Then there's the reality shock - boys in rusty old superminis with huge spoilers '''powersliding'''' round a roundabout trying to get in local girl's pants. STUPID. Especially when it doesn't work :mrgreen: .I have no problems with tuners who understand the concept of upgrading your car in such way that every piece on it serves the purpose of going faster. And the boys on the street put big spoilers on fiestas, hence losing 10 mph top speed. So the problem is when everyone wants to be racer, but not everyone should be. So NFS U really boosted up that generation of posers and people who dont have real knowledge of how the car works or how the laws of physics work. And no matter if I kept my tuned up Skyline in NFSU and NFSU2 as clean as possible, I would get beaten in game by a GOLF with DTM-style spoilers going past me with 3000 mph. Round a roundabout. While raining. Now thats what i call FWD FTW. :mrgreen: . And I just couldn't help imaging those poor chaps in fiestas trying to go 100 mph on highway while getting massive drag and '''downforce''' from their spoilers. Plus the game gave me that fancy feeling you get when you see hollywood stars in supercars, knowing they will never drive faster than 55 mph, or when they do, they will crash. Definetly not a game a petrolhead would design.
Then came the Most Wanted, which was a little bit better. Story was light. That's as far as I would go. It was silly game but in a fun way. Coming home after a hard day and destroying police cars kind of game. But some people spent more time designing cars that actually driving them in the game. Another stupid thing - GOLF is AGAIN faster than my tuned up Skyline. Especially when the 'computer' is driving the golf. I guess there is something on that FWD after all :roll:
Carbon sucked. Wont go further explaning why. Pro Street - another example why making subcultures out of racing can result in serious fail. UC and Shift - didnt even bother to play them. So, back to the first question, how do you feel about new Hot Pursuit. I think it will never reach the epicness the original one had. Partly because the original was way back, and we only remember just the good things, and partly because it ISNT the original - it's a copy. It an attempt to revive the fading NFS series. Sure I will play it, and I guess I will love it, but in a way I love a female friend, not in a way I love my girlfriend. Why, you'd ask. Let me tell you. Road is too wide - room for errors is twice as bigger than it was in original one. There are some sharky jumpy bits like EMP or driving with flat tires. Also I noticed that if you chase car and you're starting to lose it, the chased car starts to repair itself. WHY? Busted video looks hollywood-ish. But there's a bit of Most Wanted feeling to it, so it wont be that bad. I would not go further at this point as I haven't played it yet. But what I can predict is that it certainly won't be a breaktrough, rather a push in the right direction. Feels like EA boys have grown up a little and took off their spoilers. And bought themselves some nice GTI's. Still long way to driving home in Lambos at million miles an hour, tho.

By the way - no one should be offended in any way by this post. If you are, consider socializing with real people.
Have a nice day everyone,
Luka
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

junior6at wrote:Spikes were exclusive to cops before, it just doesn't make sense to me why racers should have them too. Maybe replace it with something unique to racers, like oil slicks, smoke screens, I don't know.

Actually scratch that, that's too ridiculous for a nfs game. Then again, looks like that's where nfs is headed...
#-o The racers don't have spike strips only the cops do the cops have helicopter, spike strips, EMPs,and road blocks. Racers have a Turbo system, Decoy, Radar jammer, and some other one like a cloaking device or something like that.
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Canary wrote:Hello all,

I am new to this forum, but after reading this thread I felt like I have to give my '5 cents' . First let me answer the main topic question, regarding new HP. At first I was quite excited, but after few videos that leaked onto Youtube I am now in doubts whether this will be proper NFS or not. At this point you're probably thinking just another Old School junkie, but bear with me. The feeling of the old HP is hard to explain, everything felt right bang-on at the time it came out. Epic drives, epic cars - pure petrolhead's game. Yes the cars were hard to get drifting and sometimes being a cop rather sucked, but there was a sense in the game that people who made the game actually drove home in their Lambos at million miles an hour. Also, I was about 8 back then and everything new had WHOA, shiznit! effect. And cars that SHOULD be faster WERE faster. PERIOD. Then came out Porsche Unleashed. My favourite NFS so far, mostly because of the handling. There is a coleration between FUN and DIFFICULTY. And it goes like gaussian distribution.If game is easy to beat, I can do it while reading newspaper and getting a BJ from my girlfriend. Not that I would be getting one with such additude to her, :D . Game is too realistic and you get bored after 5 minutes of trying not to spin out. And PU was in the middle. And next thing is the problem of modern generations I guess - customization. In NFS-PU it was all about getting your car better technically. And if you had too much horsepower, you spun out everytime you tap accelerating button. Then boy oh boy came out the horrible Underground. That was around time when Fast and Furious came out. And just let me point out the problem with that. First of all, NFS targeted an audience they saw the most profit in. And that are teenagers mostly without driver's license, or with riced out Hondas who NEVER ever hold spanner in their life. Maybe changed the spark pluges. I dont critisize tuning, I just dont like riced out hondas with 1.4 95hp engine under the bonnet and chap behind the wheel who thinks he's just as tough as Vin Diesel. In FnF you can see tuned up Skyline, EVO, Supra itd. Proper tuning cars. Then there's the reality shock - boys in rusty old superminis with huge spoilers '''powersliding'''' round a roundabout trying to get in local girl's pants. STUPID. Especially when it doesn't work :mrgreen: .I have no problems with tuners who understand the concept of upgrading your car in such way that every piece on it serves the purpose of going faster. And the boys on the street put big spoilers on fiestas, hence losing 10 mph top speed. So the problem is when everyone wants to be racer, but not everyone should be. So NFS U really boosted up that generation of posers and people who dont have real knowledge of how the car works or how the laws of physics work. And no matter if I kept my tuned up Skyline in NFSU and NFSU2 as clean as possible, I would get beaten in game by a GOLF with DTM-style spoilers going past me with 3000 mph. Round a roundabout. While raining. Now thats what i call FWD FTW. :mrgreen: . And I just couldn't help imaging those poor chaps in fiestas trying to go 100 mph on highway while getting massive drag and '''downforce''' from their spoilers. Plus the game gave me that fancy feeling you get when you see hollywood stars in supercars, knowing they will never drive faster than 55 mph, or when they do, they will crash. Definetly not a game a petrolhead would design.
Then came the Most Wanted, which was a little bit better. Story was light. That's as far as I would go. It was silly game but in a fun way. Coming home after a hard day and destroying police cars kind of game. But some people spent more time designing cars that actually driving them in the game. Another stupid thing - GOLF is AGAIN faster than my tuned up Skyline. Especially when the 'computer' is driving the golf. I guess there is something on that FWD after all :roll:
Carbon sucked. Wont go further explaning why. Pro Street - another example why making subcultures out of racing can result in serious fail. UC and Shift - didnt even bother to play them. So, back to the first question, how do you feel about new Hot Pursuit. I think it will never reach the epicness the original one had. Partly because the original was way back, and we only remember just the good things, and partly because it ISNT the original - it's a copy. It an attempt to revive the fading NFS series. Sure I will play it, and I guess I will love it, but in a way I love a female friend, not in a way I love my girlfriend. Why, you'd ask. Let me tell you. Road is too wide - room for errors is twice as bigger than it was in original one. There are some sharky jumpy bits like EMP or driving with flat tires. Also I noticed that if you chase car and you're starting to lose it, the chased car starts to repair itself. WHY? Busted video looks hollywood-ish. But there's a bit of Most Wanted feeling to it, so it wont be that bad. I would not go further at this point as I haven't played it yet. But what I can predict is that it certainly won't be a breaktrough, rather a push in the right direction. Feels like EA boys have grown up a little and took off their spoilers. And bought themselves some nice GTI's. Still long way to driving home in Lambos at million miles an hour, tho.

By the way - no one should be offended in any way by this post. If you are, consider socializing with real people.
Have a nice day everyone,
Luka
:shock: This post is way to long.Here I'll give you a tip keep your post short and to the point and try not to go off topic and be careful what you say.(I learned that the hard way)
By the way welcome to NFSUnlimited Forum.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

LancerEvoFan0504 wrote:
junior6at wrote:Spikes were exclusive to cops before, it just doesn't make sense to me why racers should have them too. Maybe replace it with something unique to racers, like oil slicks, smoke screens, I don't know.

#-o The racers don't have spike strips only the cops do the cops have helicopter, spike strips, EMPs,and road blocks. Racers have a Turbo system, Decoy, Radar jammer, and some other one like a cloaking device or something like that.
Look at the trailer with the GT3RS, on the bottom left corner it says EMP, turbo, jam, and SPIKES. Haven't actually seen footage of racers using them, but someone at the EA forums who went to CA event and played the HP demo said racers can drop spikes too.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVLg9VuQ ... re=related
Spikes aren't exclusive to cops anymore, super duper lame.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Having played NFSHP at gamescom, both the version in the public booth and a newer behind closed doors, I got mixed feelings about the game. If you ever played Outrun, then the style of HP will be very familiar. It's basically double mode racing - the normal drive fast straight mode and can't turn mode and the really easy to get into drift mode to drive through turns. The tracks are not like in outrun though meaning the sharp turns do require a bit more effort to drive properly through.
For me the strong point is going to be the scenery and the cars. Too bad there's no girl on the passenger seat though...
drifterzzz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drifterzzz »

nfshp+burnout.. thats it.. which for me its great..
Gotch_nfsplanet
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Gotch_nfsplanet »

http://multiplayer.it/video/need-for-sp ... s-2010.hi/
Tokyo Game Show 2010

Mazda RX-8, Nissan 370Z, Dodge Charger SRT8, Porsche Boxster Spyder.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

:D That oncoming distance=so Burnout like.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

First mod I am hanging out for is the disabling of weapons. Oh and notice the drift NOS bottle is back...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Kaerar wrote:First mod I am hanging out for is the disabling of weapons. Oh and notice the drift NOS bottle is back...
Meh...i hoped for a Use>wait for it to recharge by itself slowly NOS, not a Use>recharge it yourself and use again after 1 corner NOS.

But looking at whats happening to other franchises, it will only get worse. Hopefully Hot Pursuit is one of the last good games to be released, not first of the bad.
KILLALOT
Stock
Stock

Post by KILLALOT »

They says they taken inspiration from original Need for speed i would rather they looked at Need for Speed 3 Hot Pursuit keeping my hopes up for this game being good :)
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

ElvenAvenger wrote:
Kaerar wrote:First mod I am hanging out for is the disabling of weapons. Oh and notice the drift NOS bottle is back...
Meh...i hoped for a Use>wait for it to recharge by itself slowly NOS, not a Use>recharge it yourself and use again after 1 corner NOS.

But looking at whats happening to other franchises, it will only get worse. Hopefully Hot Pursuit is one of the last good games to be released, not first of the bad.
We know you hate the powerup things but the game has to appeal to more people than just older nfs. The reason for the powerups are to make the game appeal other people. They are probably also trying to appeal arcade type racing gamers to making a game to just do one style of gaming won't attract a lot of people other than the people who like that style of game you got to try to appeal more than one type gamer you have to try to appeal to all types of gamers not just one or your game will fail big time.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Agreed 100%. First smart thing you've said.
Probably the last.

Still remember the moaning SCIV got for the Critical Finishes.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

LancerEvoFan0504 wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:

We know you hate the powerup things but the game has to appeal to more people than just older nfs. The reason for the powerups are to make the game appeal other people. They are probably also trying to appeal arcade type racing gamers to making a game to just do one style of gaming won't attract a lot of people other than the people who like that style of game you got to try to appeal more than one type gamer you have to try to appeal to all types of gamers not just one or your game will fail big time.
in shorter ewords, its an arcade game
Instagram @SupraHKS
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Zotic+ wrote:in shorter ewords, its an arcade game
#-o No. Its a arcade racing game and an older nfs. (arcade racing + older nfs= classic nfs arcade racing game.)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Essentially an attempt to make everyone happy.

We know how those go.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

ElvenAvenger wrote:Essentially an attempt to make everyone happy.

We know how those go.
Tell me about it.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

LancerEvoFan0504 wrote:
#-o No. Its a arcade racing game and an older nfs. (arcade racing + older nfs= classic nfs arcade racing game.)
details details... the average gamer that isnt a big nfs fan will find it an arcade racer.
Instagram @SupraHKS
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Zotic+ wrote:
LancerEvoFan0504 wrote:
details details... the average gamer that isnt a big nfs fan will find it an arcade racer.
Fine I'll give you details and the average gamer that isn't a big fan nfs won't find it like an arcade game. It will still hold the concept of older Need for Speeds,you will be able to drive in exotic cars in the country and try to escape from cops but it will turn like an arcade drifting will be easy as 123 they will have power ups and other stuff like that basically, it will have the concept of the older Need for Speeds and yet also be somewhat like an arcade game with power-ups easy handling and other things like that. Hope this helps :)

Return to “Hot Pursuit”