Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

2010 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

1 Excited
No votes
2 Not excited
No votes
3 Indifferent
No votes
19 I has a bukkit
100%

Total votes: 1

ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

Post by ElvenAvenger »

6.40= :o

I suppose its one of those "once upon a time" glitches, right?
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

LancerEvoFan0504 wrote:
Fine I'll give you details and the average gamer that isn't a big fan nfs won't find it like an arcade game. It will still hold the concept of older Need for Speeds,you will be able to drive in exotic cars in the country and try to escape from cops but it will turn like an arcade drifting will be easy as 123 they will have power ups and other stuff like that basically, it will have the concept of the older Need for Speeds and yet also be somewhat like an arcade game with power-ups easy handling and other things like that. Hope this helps :)
i didnt ask for details, you put too many to begin with
Instagram @SupraHKS
Gotch_nfsplanet
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Gotch_nfsplanet »

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1123109p1.html
New Video - McLaren F1 in the main role:)

Photos http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/1320/ ... 37260.html
BMW M3 E92, Bugatti Veyron - Racer Version
drifterzzz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drifterzzz »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ip0kUS_Fw

new gameplay . look damn nice .. cant wait lol..

rx8,subaru,370z in there .. as cop
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Dunno where they got it, but nfs-planet.de posted this:

http://www.nfs-planet.de/pic.php?./img/ ... p/0001.jpg

Hot pursuit map.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

drifterzzz wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ip0kUS_Fw

new gameplay . look damn nice .. cant wait lol..

rx8,subaru,370z in there .. as cop
aaaaahhhh uuuuhhhhh eeeeeeeeeehhhhh I CANT WAIT!
Instagram @SupraHKS
Gotch_nfsplanet
Ricer
Ricer

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars

New cars. 3x Corvette, BMW M3 E92 and CCX-R (but in the picture is CCX).
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LancerEvoFan0504 »

Oh the racers have the Koenigsegg CCXR edition so that is why we saw a Koenigsegg in the E3 reveal trailer that makes sense.
You forgot one other car the Ford GT.
Gotch_nfsplanet
Ricer
Ricer

No, on E3 Trailer we saw CCX Version, not CCX-R - for sure.

In the picture on needforspeed.com site, is the CCX photo too, not CCX-R.

Just like the Viper SRT 10 'only' Cop side... Not true. Proof http://www.ultima.pl/data/pliki/hotpurs ... ewozy2.jpg
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Gotch_nfsplanet wrote:No, on E3 Trailer we saw CCX Version, not CCX-R - for sure.

In the picture on needforspeed.com site, is the CCX photo too, not CCX-R.

Just like the Viper SRT 10 'only' Cop side... Not true. Proof http://www.ultima.pl/data/pliki/hotpurs ... ewozy2.jpg

just because there is a photo doesn't mean anything and on the official web site it says that the Dodge Viper is a cop car only just look for yourself
http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

There's a month and a half to go yet. It's a long time from now and the release date.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

LancerEvoFan0504 wrote:We know you hate the powerup things but the game has to appeal to more people than just older nfs. The reason for the powerups are to make the game appeal other people. They are probably also trying to appeal arcade type racing gamers to making a game to just do one style of gaming won't attract a lot of people other than the people who like that style of game you got to try to appeal more than one type gamer you have to try to appeal to all types of gamers not just one or your game will fail big time.
Don't get me wrong I don't mind power ups in games like Mario Kart and other arcade combat racers, but in NFS the car is king not some damn stupid power up. And what you are saying is appeal to the lowest common denominator rather than give people a taste of what racing in a exotic through the countryside with half of the Swiss police on your tail.

Ok the Lowest Common Denominator can probably twist their Daddy's arm and get the games, but that doesn't mean the game itself is any good. Good example is Modern Warfare 2 for that. Crap game, sold in bucket loads due to idiotic consolers. Sold more on PC than previous games in the series which was overshadowed about something like 5-1 by console sales. I have no problems appealing to more people, I have problems with the designers thinking that means stuff the game full of power ups like Split Second, Blur and bloody Mario Kart. Mario is the only good one of those 3 anyway and its designed for 6 year olds.

Bad design decisions don't necessarily mean the devs know what they are doing and we should just take it up the backside.
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Kaerar wrote:
LancerEvoFan0504 wrote:We know you hate the powerup things but the game has to appeal to more people than just older nfs. The reason for the powerups are to make the game appeal other people. They are probably also trying to appeal arcade type racing gamers to making a game to just do one style of gaming won't attract a lot of people other than the people who like that style of game you got to try to appeal more than one type gamer you have to try to appeal to all types of gamers not just one or your game will fail big time.
Don't get me wrong I don't mind power ups in games like Mario Kart and other arcade combat racers, but in NFS the car is king not some damn stupid power up. And what you are saying is appeal to the lowest common denominator rather than give people a taste of what racing in a exotic through the countryside with half of the Swiss police on your tail.

Ok the Lowest Common Denominator can probably twist their Daddy's arm and get the games, but that doesn't mean the game itself is any good. Good example is Modern Warfare 2 for that. Crap game, sold in bucket loads due to idiotic consolers. Sold more on PC than previous games in the series which was overshadowed about something like 5-1 by console sales. I have no problems appealing to more people, I have problems with the designers thinking that means stuff the game full of power ups like Split Second, Blur and bloody Mario Kart. Mario is the only good one of those 3 anyway and its designed for 6 year olds.

Bad design decisions don't necessarily mean the devs know what they are doing and we should just take it up the backside.

If you don't like it thats your problem so stop complaining because no one cares I actually like it so stop your whineing and get over it power ups are going to be in the game and there is nothing you can do about it.
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

First off LancerEvoFan, don't double post.

Also, Kaerer was just stating his opinion, there is no need to be saying things like "well that's your problem" or "stop complaining because no one cares so stop your whining". After all, the same thing could be said for your argument for the powerups to be kept into the game.

Personally, I don't like the addition of powerups, I think a game such as this should be suited more to just pure racing, but imo EA are doing 2 things here.

1. Appealing to the casual audience to get more sales, and in turn more profit, over their actual desire to create a genuinely good game.

2. Trying to spice up the gameplay, a lot of people get bored with just the pure racing and need gameplay additions like powerups to keep the racing interesting.

So, I don't like them. Are you going to tell me to shut up about my opinion as well?
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

No I'm not I am just getting sick of people complaining about the power up thing its annoying I don't like don't like the power up thing either but you don't see me complaining about it and I probably shouldn't of double posted but I couldn't enter the edit screen because my computer was having a mental breakdown when ever I tried to go to there.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I hate powerups

Ok, i did that on purpose. :lol:

It seems like every non-racing sim game is going to "LOL POWERUP RAM EACH OTHER" world.

NFS World: everyone is ramming each other, spamming magnets.
NFS HP: Well, atleast you get some damage there, justified.
Blur: ram ram, powerup.
Split Second: ram some more
LITE992
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LITE992 »

Wow all this drama over powerups. Come on, arguing on the internet about this? Powerups add diversity to the game. Racers have powerups made to evade cops; cops have powerups to catch them. If there were no powerups, all there would be would be ramming. No roadblocks, helis, jammers, etc..
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

hey I don't know if anyone else realized this but at the autolog info screen at the official website if you click on the shoping cart under features it says below the picture that you can buy dlc while in the game check it out.
http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/autolog
drifterzzz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drifterzzz »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1t9ycgw ... r_embedded

looks like aston martin , gtr35 police in there ..
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

ElvenAvenger wrote:I hate powerups

Ok, i did that on purpose. :lol:

It seems like every non-racing sim game is going to "LOL POWERUP RAM EACH OTHER" world.

NFS World: everyone is ramming each other, spamming magnets.
NFS HP: Well, atleast you get some damage there, justified.
Blur: ram ram, powerup.
Split Second: ram some more
haha, oh and you forgot NFS Shift to that list, you try to slow down for a corner and some ricer hits you from behind :evil:

also, if you dont like powerups, dont use them, no ones foring you to. i didnt like speedbreaker in NFS MW and NFS C, so i didnt use it
Instagram @SupraHKS
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

LITE992 and Zotic+ are the only ones using common sense on the topic of powerups. Don't like them? Fine, but don't complain about it.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
sleepy eyed
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sleepy eyed »

saw that "Uncovered" video...

I guess that leaked list seems accurate after all. Lots of police cars that I saw that looked interesting like the Ford GT, Lancer Evolution X, Maserati Gran Turismo(I think), Dodge Viper ACR, Gallardo LP-560-4, and a Koenigsegg CCX. I think there was an Audi R8 cop car too

I didn't pay as much attention to racer cars though although the McLaren F1 looks amazing, so is the Porsche 911 GT3 RS in metallic blue

Can't wait for the 26th though, I'd really like to see how the physics of this game is like.

Honestly, my only real issue about Hot Pursuit is the car selection it has. Could've had more variety, and a couple cars from Lexus and Lotus that would've fit just perfectly fine with the current car line up...

Return to “Hot Pursuit”