World Final General Discussion Thread

2010 Need for Speed World
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Re: World Final General Discussion Thread

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Yeah, those twin pillars in the Rockport Contstruction site (behind the huge stage).
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Using this i avoided a few pursuits....

One of them with 2 left tires flat on my Evo 9...another 4 with Charger R/T.

I got a few good parts too, i got to admit that just winning those parts makes World enjoyable.

I had a really close race with my Supra against a Gallardo, in the end we both got "first" place. Every single time he crashed into traffic, i would catch up and stay in front for a few seconds, and he crashed right before the finish line.

Using my Evo 9, i was second in a 5 man race, first guy was a Silvia(no surprise here, over 300 top speed stat) and the rest was race tuned RX-7's...

I don't know how can they drive so badly, i beat them with my ultra slow response heavy Lancer.

Tried ramming too, its really not fun even though that guy in RX-7 was bouncing all over the track once i touched him...its just cheap, boring....
Wont ram again, at least not on purpose.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

ElvenAvenger wrote:Anyone found out how to evade Heat 5 (Rhino flood level) pursuits? ... powerups
I don't use powerups for pursuits. You don't get them from lucky draw cards anymore, so you have to buy them with in game cash (mystery packs) which takes too long to accumulate. If you know you're probably going to get busted, then abort the game or disconnect your internet connection to avoid the bust.

Now that lucky draw cards only reward cash, rep, or nitrous, it's better to do short 15 second pursuits (although it's boring), because the rep cards you occasionally get result in getting more rep in the same amount of time. Park somewhat near a cooldown spot, ram a cop, then drive to the cooldown spot. I've included some photos of the these spots below.

If you want to do a normal length pursuit, the ship yard is probably the safest place, circling to the left. The road blocks never span the wide parts of the ship yard so you can go around any spike strips. However, evading to the cooldown spot means you'll have to get by a couple of rhinos and a road block.

cooldown spots:

In Point Camden, just south of main shipyard area:

In Downtown Rockport (you can go around the lumber wall to the right where there's a cooldown spot):

In Montezuma's parking lot in Silverton, a bit more exposed though. There's another parking lot to the west on the half loop near Troy.

ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I started doing that, sometimes its not worth it(1x nitrous card) but sometimes i get a 800 rep card, which means almost 1000 rep for a 15 second pursuit.

And...if i may ask, does the amount of cash rewarded for multiplayer races increase with level?

I see you are level 50 so why not ask, im only level 23 and hoping to get 600k before level 30 so that i can buy the Nissan GT-R for pursuits as my T3 car....and i wanted to farm up enough cash for the M3 before level 40 after buying the GT-R, but i don't know if its possible as right now i get about 2300 cash for a 8 man race, but that doesn't always happen, there are those 3400 cash cards which drop sometimes...

Ah, and i have 120.000$ right now, using Silvia to farm cash(and parts)
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

ElvenAvenger wrote:I started doing that, sometimes its not worth it(1x nitrous card) but sometimes i get a 800 rep card, which means almost 1000 rep for a 15 second pursuit.
I have a free to play account, currently at level 34. Other than running 2 races to get to level 2, I've only done pursuits with this account, almost all of them short 15 second pursuits since version 5. At level 34 I get 471 rep for each pursuit and about 650 cash. I only have the Silvia I started with, and currently I have $1.55 million in cash.
Does the amount of cash rewarded for multiplayer races increase with level?
I haven't done any multiplayer races since the betas. I've done private matches to farm for parts. In the case of single player races, the amount of cash and rep you get for a specific track decreases as your level goes up (the newer tracks pay more though).

The amount of cash and rep for a pursuit increases with driver level. The formulas with no cash or rep amplifiers or skils for a 15 second pursuit (minimal amount):

min_rep = 12.4 x lvl + 49.5 (rounded down)
min_cash = 12 x lvl + 228

For level 23, this is 360 rep, 504 cash.

After each pursuit, go to safehouse and back, then hit a few objects and the cops will spawn sooner. I reccomend the spot in point camden (first photo in my previous post).
Last edited by rcgldr on 05 Feb 2011, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I'm done with World for a while, i can't handle any more of the Elise spam i've been getting since level 30.
That and every single patch adding more boost only content with nothing for free players. EA has crossed the line.
Until there's some huge car performance overhaul patch, im out.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Just so you know, next patch is adding Lamborghini Murcielago.

Though i wouldnt expect too much, that car is fast in real life but its also a bit heavy, and knowing how good heavy cars are in World, we can assume it will be bad. But at least its a Lamborghini.
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Well, I tried the Challenger, and I was surprised, I think it handle better than the Silvia. And I dunno if it's me, but I feel like my Silvia doesn't do what she used to do. Not as fast, not as good in handling, I have difficulty winning now (tho, I only play Single Race).
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Well if you feel difficulty in winning Single Player races, then _maybe_ something was done about handling.

BTW, just read World forums and apparently the Murcielago(LP640, unfortunately... :( ) is capable of WTFPWNING M3. In other words, Pay 2 win is a valid term now. It seems to have M3's accel, Lotus-like handling and AWD.

I dont know how much the posts on that forum mean, but it seems we have a new best car and its available with boost only for now. Seeing as its the best, people will buy it. So....we are going to wait a lot for it to be in-game cash available.
provo13
Stock
Stock

Post by provo13 »

The LP640 is a beast to be sure, not a disappointment like the Viper is...even tricked out handling (651 is what mine has) it STILL handles like crap. Put in a oval type track and MAYBE the Viper becomes a worthy car but...atm the power just doesn't mesh well with handling at all...
The LP on the other hand hugs the track, maybe a little too well, but not quite Lotus handling as the Lotus handling isn't as good as it should be (given the Lotus rep and the Elise IS an out of the box racer). The LP is def. better handling as the Lotus is really touchy and can over correct too easy.

I've not noticed any handling issues with my Silvia since the patch...I too primarily race SP...
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

I think they tweaked the over power we had from before they made the mechanic part. I mean, if you had any car until they separated the body tuning from mechanic tuning, your car had better parts, and I think they decide to "remove" those parts, replacing them with "normal" mechanic parts.

I've also noticed that when I started to play with one of my 2 new drivers, in single player races, AI cars started to... Ram? I hope I'm wrong, but I've been hit by AI opponents cars more than they used to bump me... Is it EA's way to approve of rammers?
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Can someone post a screenshot of the Dodge Charger Team Escape Edition stats?
nyroxPT
Stock
Stock

Post by nyroxPT »

Anyone have an idea if the murcielago will be available with game money??
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Nobody can tell you if the Murci will be available in game money. But as long as it remain popular, there's high chances that it'll stay Boost only.

Elven, still needs the stats of the Charger Team Ed?
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

RBA wrote:Nobody can tell you if the Murci will be available in game money. But as long as it remain popular, there's high chances that it'll stay Boost only.

Elven, still needs the stats of the Charger Team Ed?
Already checked them, stat wise it does have 'explosive' acceleration, as in explosive stat bar. The car seems to be quite big too.
THUGLEGEND
Stock
Stock

Post by THUGLEGEND »

i have raced with several murcis and i lost all -.-

its impossible to beat them with a normal t3 if not tuned enough
Monitox
Stock
Stock

Post by Monitox »

Hmm,..very interesting, I'm wondering how it works, the Leaderboard of this forum, on what basis, because on West Park & Lyons, in NFS-S-com, I have, ( for the moment of course ), the third position, but in the Leaderboard, from here, I missing.

LE: meanwhile, I found how it works...
xAPMDExBRD
Stock
Stock

Post by xAPMDExBRD »

On nfs-s 90% of all my Times banned....
User deactivated: driver not in speedapi
xAPMDExBRD
Stock
Stock

Post by xAPMDExBRD »

Who can tell to me, when will earn the statistican for BMW Z4 GT3 ??? By nfs-s its worked fine, then why not here???
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

You mean your car stats?

Are the times you made with the Bmw Z4 gt3
xAPMDExBRD
Stock
Stock

Post by xAPMDExBRD »

Yes
aline1996
Donator
Donator

Post by aline1996 »

ElvenAvenger wrote:Can Nissan GT-R beat ANY tier 3 cars?
yes it can. you need a bit of proparts... but my GTR r35 is now better then every r8 4.2 fsi or gallardo.
it has a massive acceleration, high topspeed. (bit hard to reach with slingshot it's easier to get to my top of 369km/h)
and it's a heavy car so perfect for Team Escape or Pursuit ;)

Is-F same story but not as fast as the GTR (it's a lot better with the 7th gear)
Reality is as Real as we think it is
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

damn. i was just thinking of buying some boost. but it is a hell of a lot more expensive than i expected. was thinking it would be approx 1$ for 1000 boost. ummm no.
i have nothing more to add
aline1996
Donator
Donator

Post by aline1996 »

cheapest way is with polish zloty
around 43 euro's for 50000 boost (+/-53 US dollar)
aline1996
Donator
Donator

Post by aline1996 »

i want the old cops back...
this sucks me and lots of my friends had a way to farm powerups..
with these new cops we have to do a pursuit of 1 min atleast and we only get poorer then poorest powerups and stuff..

can't they make a option to turn on or off the riding cops and also leave the events?
and don't make a minimum length of a pursuit.. c'mon 2.59.40 secs and not a gold card 0.00.60 seconds more and i get a gold card :s

Return to “World”