World Final General Discussion Thread

2010 Need for Speed World
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Re: World Final General Discussion Thread

Post by Bejzik »

I would add release little Beemer also...
I think that could be fun and put decent tag on it 130k and voila!

How is Supra like handling wise?
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Supra handles poorly, but it's good for pursuits, that's why i keep it. They made the acceleration poorly, like it's the N/A version :|
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bejzik »

Thanks for reply!

Please check this out:
http://nfshl.com/topic/548-heeltoe/

http://www.world-garage.com/index.php?/ ... entry31766

enlist and have fun

B.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Danyutz wrote:Supra handles poorly, but it's good for pursuits, that's why i keep it. They made the acceleration poorly, like it's the N/A version :|
Wha...?
Okay, I'm starting to think that BlackBox is pushing the Lotus on us. Let's think about it: that car is the only one (aside from the Silvia) that has no been nerfed this entire time - it went up to Level 25 in fact. The BMW took a hit months back. The IS-F downgraded to 20 as well as the Evo X, the Evo IX went down to 10.

Yeah, the two Z's went up to 15 (Z33) and 20 (Z34), but it doesn't matter much, because from what I hear, they were wrecked by the new Performance Customization and were probably given more massive understeer. They're not FWD cars, Marc! Geez... #-o

The only summary I can make from all of this is that BlackBox knows for a fact that the cars are far from balanced, so to keep their laziness intact they're making it so that we don't buy a single car until we reach 25 for the Elise in a "If you can't beat them, join them" kind of thing. I for one, am not caving in.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bejzik »

What is Your choice for high end T2 then?
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Lexus IS-F: A decent high-performance compact neglected by BlackBox (so much so that it boggles me that they still use it in NFS)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I'm driving Supra because no one ever expects it to keep up with them.

But then again, why would they fear me when their RX-7/Elise/Silvia doesn't require braking, just UP + left/right arrow.

But its fun when i beat unskilled people and they give up when they see a Supra overtake them in a corner.

Probably something like "But i thought i was doing it right! wallriding worked in other NFS games :("
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

ElvenAvenger wrote:Probably something like "But i thought i was doing it right! wallriding worked in other NFS games :("
Maybe so, but that shiznit doesn't fly with me, the skilled driver thought. :P
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

whats wrong with the rx7 :<
it isnt a noobmobile D:
... is it?
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

BloodCry wrote:whats wrong with the rx7 :<
it isnt a noobmobile D:
... is it?
Then you haven't been paying attention, mate.
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

i always thought it was good, but not the new elise no skillzor :(
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Next n00bmobile: Either the BMW Z4 M or the Audi S5. Because along the way the German players will get fed up with there being no OP T2 German cars.
(sarcasm... I hope)
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bejzik »

I have both S15 and Rx7 on one of my drivers and I must say I break when needed.

@Kammy You are the first ever to recommend IS-F. Probably because nobody else drives it. Hmm I'm tempted. Actually I'm aiming at Z370 or Supra but if the tag is decent maybe I'll get the IS.

What is Your opinion on purple sub?

The underdog story:
Home for Holidays I'm lvl 12 in Corolla and I say No powerups before race (in lobby)..

I come second (7 players) with Elsie winning (2 nitrous) and 5 seconds ahead (lvl 27). I didn't use any and my top speed is 220 km/h.

Talk about noobs...
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Whoops. Actually, I'm not recommending purchasing it because everyone says it's a waste of 250K.

What I was simply saying is that it continues to get neglected by BlackBox because it hasn't changed at all during the life of the game (it went down 5 levels but that means nothing seeing as the RX-7, the new Lotus apparently, went down 5 and got crazily buffed). At least if BlackBox nerfed it, I know what their intentions are.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that in most cases, not doing anything with one car is worse than nerfing a perfectly fine car and buffing an already OP car because that one car kind of loses its purpose in the game gradually.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Well, it does tick me off that Elise has go-kart handling, rocket acceleration AND a top speed almost as good as my Supra, while all my Supra has is that top speed.

So yeah, i have +10 km/h in top speed in exchange for taking years to get up there and having to brake before every corner while Elise just presses up arrow and then left right.

But still, currently RX-7, Elise, BMW M3 GTR and Silvia are definitely way too fast.

Also im not sure why doesn't the Gallardo go at least above 300 km/h stock, i mean i beat it with my 272 km/h Supra on a highway.

Even Hot Pursuit has more realistic car performance >_> and that justifies certain cars being slightly useless.

But driving a Supra, and taking a 90 degree corner perfectly and then seeing those 2 BMW Z4's (apparently its becoming a noob mobile #3 right behind Elise (#1) and RX-7 (#2) and everyone uses it )
fall behind because even with their far superior handling they rammed the wall.

They were higher level and probably better parts too...
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

ElvenAvenger wrote:Well, it does tick me off that Elise has go-kart handling, rocket acceleration AND a top speed almost as good as my Supra, while all my Supra has is that top speed.

So yeah, i have +10 km/h in top speed in exchange for taking years to get up there and having to brake before every corner while Elise just presses up arrow and then left right.

But still, currently RX-7, Elise, BMW M3 GTR and Silvia are definitely way too fast.

Also im not sure why doesn't the Gallardo go at least above 300 km/h stock, i mean i beat it with my 272 km/h Supra on a highway.

Even Hot Pursuit has more realistic car performance >_> and that justifies certain cars being slightly useless.

But driving a Supra, and taking a 90 degree corner perfectly and then seeing those 2 BMW Z4's (apparently its becoming a noob mobile #3 right behind Elise (#1) and RX-7 (#2) and everyone uses it )
fall behind because even with their far superior handling they rammed the wall.

They were higher level and probably better parts too...
To be honest, I can see the Elise having go-kart handling because it is lightweight. That I understand. But rocket acceleration and Supra-like top speed? Non-turbo Toyota engine can't do that. Sorry. And although you stop immediately if you hit a tree or a car or something like that, nobody is that tarded to run it into a tree... I hope.

The M3 GTR, being a high-performance variant of the M3 E46, is the ONLY car in the game having a semi-decent excuse to be OP. The Silvia, Elise, RX-7, and Z4 are just crazily buffed beyond all reason and makes every other car (including the poor IS-F) filler content.

BALANCE, BLACKBOX, BALANCE. Because there's no balance, there's no diversity. Because there's no diversity, there's no challenge. And because there's no challenge, there is, ultimately, no reason to pick a car you like. Pick your favorites, you lose (unless you have great parts - I have pretty good parts so I should count my blessings). Pick the popular car, you will dominate without pause or backwards glance.

Seriously, there is no reason for certain cars to be OP. That and it only gives more proof that real-life specs should be used (you're using real cars, after all). Now when I say that, I expect someone to say that this is not a simulation game. True, but it should make sense, which using realism in terms of performance would actually do.

P.S: Has anyone tried the new Evo IX in this patch where it loves to fishtail despite the fact that it's AN ALL WHEEL DRIVE SPORT COMPACT?!
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bejzik »

Point taken.

I chose the S15 because I didn't play it in any NFS game yet. Should have taken the 240 instead...

Rx7 is an old flame and had to have it. I had Evo9 before and didn't get along...

I would take some muscle but they are way to slow (t1) and it is wrong that they are 5 level cars and more expensive then rest for who knows what reason which makes them even more rare not to mention lacking of race bodykits.

With Zcoup performance I'm not impressed or I got better and have the antidote.

@Kammy there was a version of Supra with a twin turbocharged Toyota 2JZ-GTE making 276 hp (206 kW; 280 PS) and 318 ft·lb (431 N·m) of torque (thank You wiki), but if it is naturally aspirated version then it is way to high level wise and way to expensive...

I really need a piece of advice: I'm nearly 110k looking for a first T2 car (for my other driver lvl12) but that shouldn't be Evo, Super bee, Mazda Rx7 (have it on my main). Do I wait and grind more cash wait for something new to come? Gamble and take mystery pack? Buy Z350 in 3 levels time? Z4? Purple sub?So many questions...

For my main as mentioned (lvl 17) I'd like to get Supra or even be wild enough to get Lexy (I read that it doesn't use it's 8 speed g-box?!? what the hell is that???). Elise no-, Cayman no-way to expensive, S5 hmm...

This guy is poor 50k (cause of wrong investments-evo9, challenger-makes me sick. Now can't be any mistakes)..

give me your two cents..
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

The Z4 is becoming hot right now. Maybe when you hit Level 15 (prior to that time, T2 cars are technically worthless due to lack of good parts) that can be the first car you pick up.

Let's say you don't want an OP car. Since you didn't like the Evo IX, your only other choice is the 350Z and I heard that car got wrecked by the inaugural Version 5 patch.

Otherwise, you can wait until Level 20 (IS-F, Evo X, 370Z). Whichever works for you.
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bejzik »

Thanks for that..

How about purple Sub? Didn't see many of those around?
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

i reckon the evo 10 is pretty underpowered tbh, it says in the stats its got a higher top speed than my rx7, yet it goes about 20kmph slower...
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Pruple Sub...?
No idea what you're taking about, mate.
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bejzik »

Royal Purple Subaru Impreza WRX STI or as I call it purple sub :)

What is it like?
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Never driven it. Or the Subaru in general for that matter.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Royal Purple Subaru is probably, just like Charger R/T, a stock Subaru with a street level "Royal Purple" engine (on Charger R/T it is 4% top speed and acceleration), some visual tuning and a custom paintjob.

Anyway, I have a tuned RX-7 *does fairly good in races but others have speedboost tuned RX-7's so i can't compete*, Tuned Supra that can beat those speedboost RX-7's on highways and a nearly 100% stock Evo 9 (i only have worst street brakes and worst street tires), a Silvia that i use whenever i am lazy and dont want to follow exact racelines in my Supra, and a Royal Purple Charger R/T that i have because i hope one day it will be what it should be, a faster car than Silvia, and not worse in everything.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

ElvenAvenger wrote:and a Royal Purple Charger R/T that i have because i hope one day it will be what it should be, a faster car than Silvia, and not worse in everything.
If you seriously think the Charger R/T is the worst T1 car, then you haven't driven the Challenger R/T.

Return to “World”