2010 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Some new info on Hot Pursuit

Post by BluePhirePB »

Saw this on GT last night:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/hot-f ... for/701876

- 65 car line up (not sure if that's combined racer + cops or 65 different models)
- all cars available from the get go
- you can switch between racer and cop campaign at any time (ie. not locked into one story until you finish it)
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Some new info on Hot Pursuit

Post by Kaerar »

I think the more I find out about this it's turning into Burnout: Hot Pursuit rather than being NFS. The atmosphere is NFS sure, but all the cars from the get go? What will we be racing for? Cookies?

Doesn't seem a sound plan to me, but at least it's less linear than Split Second, and please don't even mention Blur...
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Kaerar wrote:I think the more I find out about this it's turning into Burnout: Hot Pursuit rather than being NFS. The atmosphere is NFS sure, but all the cars from the get go? What will we be racing for? Cookies?

Doesn't seem a sound plan to me, but at least it's less linear than Split Second, and please don't even mention Blur...
ya what is the reason to play, what are the rewards given?
Last edited by Zotic+ on 24 Jul 2010, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

No car unlocking? then why include slower cars at all? no doubt everyone is going to pick the best car all the time.

Why even try the slower cars if you can pick the best instantly? provided you played previous NFS games, you shouldn't have any problem handling ANY vehicle in the game.

If the next "new info" on hot pursuit includes "all tracks available from the start" i might just lose any interest.
Whats the point to play if you have everything from the start?

This...is like downloading a 100% save [-X
LITE992
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LITE992 »

ElvenAvenger wrote:No car unlocking? then why include slower cars at all? no doubt everyone is going to pick the best car all the time.

Why even try the slower cars if you can pick the best instantly? provided you played previous NFS games, you shouldn't have any problem handling ANY vehicle in the game.

If the next "new info" on hot pursuit includes "all tracks available from the start" i might just lose any interest.

If the career is like NFSHP2, you'll progress through the career with slower cars first, then the faster ones later. The top cars in NFS games have always been the most popular. Having cars unlocked at the start is great, because nobody wants to play through the whole game just to get this one car they like.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

ElvenAvenger wrote:No car unlocking? then why include slower cars at all? no doubt everyone is going to pick the best car all the time.

well i would imangine that you have to buy all of the cars, and higher level cars are more expensive then slower ones, it may be like GT5P, all the cars are unlocked, u just have to get more money for a different, better car
Instagram @SupraHKS
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

The inevitable happened. New info is revealed and people immediately begin to doubt the game.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

65 cars is actually pretty good car list considering its onllyy exotics. NFS Shift had 67+ cars, so take out all of the tuners and more basic cars and im expecting a really good car list
Instagram @SupraHKS
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

What they probably mean by all cars unlocked from the start is you can see them but you have to get a certain amonut of money or credits before you can use it.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

BluePhirePB wrote:What they probably mean by all cars unlocked from the start is you can see them but you have to get a certain amonut of money or credits before you can use it.
yup, wasnt it the same for shift? i forgot?
Instagram @SupraHKS
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Ya, same dealio with Shift.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

BluePhirePB wrote:Ya, same dealio with Shift.
alright so i dont c the problem.

BTW is that your supra on ur avatar?
Instagram @SupraHKS
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LancerEvoFan0504 »

You guys misinterpreted it what they mean buy they don't start you out with a beater car and let you pick good cars from the beginning. For example they won't start you out with a Chevy Cobalt or a RX-8 thy skip those and instead start you out with cars like the new Shelby GT500 or a Dodge Challenger. You will still have to unlock a Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce or the Pagani Zonda Cinque.

Return to “Hot Pursuit”