xbox 360 Shift 2 Rant

2011 SHIFT 2 Unleashed
DEFCON1CMSA
Ricer
Ricer

xbox 360 Shift 2 Rant

Post by DEFCON1CMSA »

I recently started racing online playing NFS Shift 2 on my xbox 360. Having recently lost my hearing ( I have only 35% hearing ability) means that Im not able to use a headset. This is purely to presserve the hearing I do have! I drive with the telemetary on nearly all the time as this really helps me understand what the car is doing, well most of the time atleast! What really bugs me is the bad treatment I get when playing online races. Is this due to the fact that I dont use a headset or the fact that I actually race on the track (most prefer short cutting on the grass or 'rail grinding' the barriers like Tony Hawk!) ? I do my level best to race hard and clean 100% of the races I join. Next time your on the track remember this :
If you think shift 2 is hard then try racing with the sound off...
If you want to add a friend that will give you a good race then add my gamertag DEFCON 1 CMSA to your list.
Clinton 'DEFCON 1' Morris
South Africa
Just being good at a game doesnt make anybody a cheat - DEFCON 1 CMSA
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: xbox 360 Shift 2 Rant

Post by Hydro_PT »

Sorry to hear about your hearing. I think it would be very hard for me to play games without hearing properly, or at all! Props to you for doing so. :)

As for the other players, if you really want to race seriously, you should try to find SHIFT 2 leagues or communities dedicated to online racing. I'm not sure if SHIFT has these kind of communities, probably not. In the world of sim-racing there are a lot of communities who organize real races, with rules, dedicated private servers protected by password and so on. It is the best way to avoid wreckers, because on these communities everyone takes the race as seriously as possible.

But yeah, that won't probably exist in SHIFT 2. You can always try PC simulators if you enjoy them.

It is not worth anyone's time to think or be mad at online wreckers. They are always present and they will always be.
DEFCON1CMSA
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DEFCON1CMSA »

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try look for a 'more serious' group to race with. Until then I will have to play NFS High Speed Veyron Avoidance 2. Now if I could fit heat seeking missiles and miniguns that could make it far more exciting...
bolt8955
Stock
Stock

Post by bolt8955 »

If you were on pc i would be glad to give you a good clean race.I like to be as smooth and clean as possible.I don"t know of any clubs or leagues for shift 2 but would love to find one and get involved if there is.It seems there is not much action online for pc.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Check out NoGrip they have a pretty active PC community for Shift 2 ;)
Haider01
Stock
Stock

Post by Haider01 »

I have downloaded and installed the latest DLC pack but can't find any reference to it in the game.

Forgive me if I'm missing the obvious but how can I access it?

Return to “SHIFT 2 Unleashed”