Zotic+'s Z32

The forum to show off your ride - cars, motorbikes, trucks or other vehicles. Read the rules before posting your ride.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Re: Zotic+'s Z32

Post by Zotic+ »

Update, havent been on for awhile, good and bad news. basically some more cosmetics. So the good first

New wheels, XXR 522's meh knockpffs but they are 17x9's I can run more rubber now :mrgreen:

needs to be lowered.

Now the bad, this happened this week, timing belt tensioner went crap timing slipped and all my valves are bent :(

So I got these parts coming in

And im sourcing some TT heads. why TT? The ports allow for smoother flow :mrgreen:
Instagram @SupraHKS
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Didn't you want to have a TT eventually? This is the perfect opportunity, just do the swap now!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Things like that suck, but like bogan said, if you had plans for a TT setup this is the time...
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

yea if all your valves are bent there might also be damage to your pistons. Like everyone else said just do the TT swap.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Well I've had a change of heart, since i'm planning to track the car more, the VG30DETT is a pain to work on, so imagine at the track, something minor needs to be fixed; I have to pack my bags, go home and fix it.

What I have in mind is a 2JZ swap. I have a couple friends who are opening a shop and are good with fabricating. They are willing to assist me. In the end the 2jz swap will cost about the same as a TT swap, only because I have connections for others its more expensive. On top of that it will be easier to work on, less heat in the bay, and it will reduce weight and get me to a closer 50:50 weight ratio like I desire. Oh and dat sound.

Also I feel like I should become a better driver and practice more with an an under powered car, before I move on to more power.

(Side note: THe guys that are helping with my car, we race in the NASA Honda Challenge. heres a vid of both of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u24Lq6TcqI We are also building a GT86 as a showcar/ car to represent the new shop; I made a video for it when we went to HIN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBXvy76j ... lA&index=1 amateur video I made lol)
Instagram @SupraHKS
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

hmmm a 2JZ in a Nissan... something different :D

Return to “Your Rides”