Post by Strafer »

I think it looks pretty cool.

Can't wait to see more.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Cops vs. Racers E3 2013 NFS Rivals Trailer

Post by MaxT »

Hot Pursuit meets The Run. from the extreme greyness of Frostbite to the green nitrous, I knew it.

looks like crap tbh. doesn't matter how many Ferrari's it has.
Kokikox
Stock
Stock

Post by Kokikox »

pathetic sh*t. this is like sequel to Hot Pursuit (2010). why they can't make another most wanted (2005), just with new graphics and new cars?
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

The trailer is nicely made...
but it does not show anything about how the game is.

i still think that this is another title to show off alldrive/autolog... nothing new about the gameplay itself... customization is out of the window... again...
i wonder... when NFS developers (or EA) are gonna understand that customization is not about rims and liveries... customization is what was offered in NFS:PU. ! :(
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Navid_A1 wrote: i wonder... when NFS developers (or EA) are gonna understand that customization is not about rims and liveries... customization is what was offered in NFS:PU. ! :(
I wonder if FnF fanboys will ever undestand that NFS was never about customization and if that's all you care about in a racing game you should just go play Juiced 2. leave NFS to those who actually want NFS, not Underground 3 or some other stupid s***.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

MaxT wrote:
Navid_A1 wrote: i wonder... when NFS developers (or EA) are gonna understand that customization is not about rims and liveries... customization is what was offered in NFS:PU. ! :(
I wonder if FnF fanboys will ever undestand that NFS was never about customization and if that's all you care about in a racing game you should just go play Juiced 2. leave NFS to those who actually want NFS, not Underground 3 or some other stupid s***.
interesting thing is that i stayed away from NFS:U and NFS:U2 only because of the stupid type customization in it... :lol:
juiced 2??... that game is an insult to cars (IMO)

have you played NFS:PU?... customization is not about rims, bumpers and exhaust pipes...
i want to have an NFS where i can have a stock body... stock paint and stock etc... but have the ability to have slick tires... race standard suspensions... or weight reduction kits...
also 1 or 2 body kits from the run doesn't hurt
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Navid_A1 wrote:The trailer is nicely made...

i still think that this is another title to show off alldrive/autolog... nothing new about the gameplay itself... customization is out of the window... again...
i wonder... when NFS developers (or EA) are gonna understand that customization is not about rims and liveries... customization is what was offered in NFS:PU. ! :(
They pretty much show you what the game is about cops vs. racers game-play that's it, the thing its that your mad cause they didn't mention customization or the features that you want..Anywho the game has a high stakes vibe i was looking at my high stake cd case today and the look of it reminds me of high stakes specially the intro graphic visual style.now have you seen the ubisoft racer called the crew...biggest open world ever the united states of America from east to west.

psst.
Wait for more information i was looking at the trailer and one of the lambo had a weird bodykit and a different spoiler...so lets stay tuned for more information.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
Navid_A1 wrote:The trailer is nicely made...

They pretty much show you what the game is about cops vs. racers game-play that's it, the thing its that your mad cause they didn't mention customization or the features that you want..Anywho the game has a high stakes vibe i was looking at my high stake cd case today and the look of it reminds me of high stakes specially the intro graphic visual style.now have you seen the ubisoft racer called the crew...biggest open world ever the united states of America from east to west.

psst.
Wait for more information i was looking at the trailer and one of the lambo had a weird bodykit and a different spoiler...so lets stay tuned for more information.
they only showed cop vs racer. (which can be thrilling and cool if its done right)
that's not detailed info.

i was expecting to whether the cop cars and racer cars are exclusive to their own faction or not (like seeing a GTR both on police and racer side)
i was expecting to see a single (slightly) body-kitted car (specially when they said that you can personalize your ride)

btw... that lambo (the red one, right??) is a stock Lamborghini Gallardo 2013...
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StaneSKT »

There is gameplay video too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zph2UL09tLM

Video about Need For Speed Movie in 2014:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9XvO1c7LH0
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Looks like a quality game, as has the two NFS' before it, but as with the other racers at E3 they just all feel a bit generic, I'd still love to see them go back to the character that the UG-Carbon games had. None-the-less, the gameplay looks nice, if nothing revolutionary.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Navid_A1 wrote: have you played NFS:PU?... customization is not about rims, bumpers and exhaust pipes...
i want to have an NFS where i can have a stock body... stock paint and stock etc... but have the ability to have slick tires... race standard suspensions... or weight reduction kits...
AKA Burnout Parad... NFS Most Wanted 2012. no thanks, now that I think about it, I'd actually take Underground 3 over that...
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

The trailer is cool... but that's true for every NFS trailer. :D

As for the gameplay, it looks like Hot Pursuit meets The Run, like someone above said. We'll see...
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

MaxT wrote:
Navid_A1 wrote: have you played NFS:PU?... customization is not about rims, bumpers and exhaust pipes...
AKA Burnout Parad... NFS Most Wanted 2012. no thanks, now that I think about it, I'd actually take Underground 3 over that...
what's wrong with NFS:MW 2012 is its close connection with burnout (gameplay-wise) and huge amounts of pointlessness. a game is not just built around one aspect... the core of a game is the gameplay... not a feature.
the customization in MW2012 also lacked any visual effects on your car (an aero body just like a stock one)... or ridicules items like jump nos.

if this game turn out to be something like NFS:HS (i hope)... then i can neglect the lack of customization.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

The trailer looks great !! I'm not giving up on this game just yet ...
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

NFS was about street racing and being on the open road, beginning the the concept of rich exotic sports car outrunning the police on coastal roads and etc. then the import/street racing came along, which was an evolution of the street racing world where now imports race at night. If NFS wants to be true to this concept, an awesome way to do this would be to incorporate all of the different scenes of street racing. Just like in real life today, you still have your import guys and you also have the wealthier people who race there exotics (Just met some one in real life who participates in a race from LA to somewhere here in California, where the challenge who can get there first, with traffic; so street racing is still very true)

Then more recently more people are taking there cars to the track, hence prostreet/ shift
Instagram @SupraHKS
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Zotic+ wrote:NFS was about street racing and being on the open road, beginning the the concept of rich exotic sports car outrunning the police on coastal roads and etc. then the import/street racing came along, which was an evolution of the street racing world where now imports race at night
evolution? FYI the downfall started with Underground.
Navid_A1 wrote: what's wrong with NFS:MW 2012 is its close connection with burnout (gameplay-wise) and huge amounts of pointlessness. a game is not just built around one aspect... the core of a game is the gameplay... not a feature.
the customization in MW2012 also lacked any visual effects on your car (an aero body just like a stock one)... or ridicules items like jump nos.
if MW 2012 had been even half as good as Burnout Paradise I'd have loved it. instead it was Burnout Paradise's evil twin, Black Box might have brought NFS bleeding on it's knees but Criterion gave it the killing blow. and some time ago they announced they aren't making racing games anymore, so they killed the two best racing franchises ever made at once.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

MaxT wrote:
Zotic+ wrote:NFS was about street racing and being on the open road, beginning the the concept of rich exotic sports car outrunning the police on coastal roads and etc. then the import/street racing came along, which was an evolution of the street racing world where now imports race at night
evolution? FYI the downfall started with Underground.
Navid_A1 wrote: what's wrong with NFS:MW 2012 is its close connection with burnout (gameplay-wise) and huge amounts of pointlessness. a game is not just built around one aspect... the core of a game is the gameplay... not a feature.
if MW 2012 had been even half as good as Burnout Paradise I'd have loved it. instead it was Burnout Paradise's evil twin, Black Box might have brought NFS bleeding on it's knees but Criterion gave it the killing blow. and some time ago they announced they aren't making racing games anymore, so they killed the two best racing franchises ever made at once.
Hey max ill agreed with you definitely but the two games that criterion created along with the burnout series sold like pankakes even rivalring the sales of the beloved underground series and the original most wanted..people bought these games and fill ea pockets therefore they goona stick to what works so they went back to hot pursuit which received tons of regconition ,awards and great numbers.

So ghost games says hey EA lets create an underground or a new most wanted and ea's says well lets look a the book in our last fiscal need for speed hot pursuit by criterion proved to be a major hit therefore we wanna keep "consistency" so when our next conference call happen and we have to meet with our investors and stock managers, district managers we will have good news for them and therefore they can provide more assets and resources aka (money ,loot,cake,dinero) so we can create better titles, buy new studios and keep on feeding our families.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

you are right phantom... sadly.

EA does an NFS every year... so the formula is pretty simple... huge amounts of advertising... make the pre-orders tempting... get huge amounts of sales... game content should be limited with low replayability value... after that the game MUST become pointless so that the gamers look for the next release and buy it...

remember when the NFS titles were filled with content and had a great replayability value... that's why old titles are still alive today.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Phantom_pain33 wrote: Hey max ill agreed with you definitely but the two games that criterion created along with the burnout series sold like pankakes even rivalring the sales of the beloved underground series and the original most wanted..people bought these games and fill ea pockets therefore they goona stick to what works so they went back to hot pursuit which received tons of regconition ,awards and great numbers.
Justin Bieber sold like pancakes too. so? just cause something sells well doesn't mean it's any good, just shows how tasteless the majority is. I think. I know a lot of people who bought NFS HP 2010 (and other EA games) and never played 'em, so...

this is why we need pirates, to even the loss and profit, otherwise it leads to undeserved profit cause people are stupid.
Phantom_pain33 wrote: So ghost games says hey EA lets create an underground or a new most wanted and ea's says well lets look a the book in our last fiscal need for speed hot pursuit by criterion proved to be a major hit therefore we wanna keep "consistency" so when our next conference call happen and we have to meet with our investors and stock managers, district managers we will have good news for them and therefore they can provide more assets and resources aka (money ,loot,cake,dinero) so we can create better titles, buy new studios and keep on feeding our families.
EA doesn't decide what game gets released next, they just want the $$$. if someone doesn't deliver, they are fired.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

MaxT wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote: Hey max ill agreed with you definitely but the two games that criterion created along with the burnout series sold like pankakes even rivalring the sales of the beloved underground series and the original most wanted..people bought these games and fill ea pockets therefore they goona stick to what works so they went back to hot pursuit which received tons of regconition ,awards and great numbers.
Justin Bieber sold like pancakes too. so? just cause something sells well doesn't mean it's any good, just shows how tasteless the majority is. I think. I know a lot of people who bought NFS HP 2010 (and other EA games) and never played 'em, so...

this is why we need pirates, to even the loss and profit, otherwise it leads to undeserved profit cause people are stupid.
Phantom_pain33 wrote: So ghost games says hey EA lets create an underground or a new most wanted and ea's says well lets look a the book in our last fiscal need for speed hot pursuit by criterion proved to be a major hit therefore we wanna keep "consistency" so when our next conference call happen and we have to meet with our investors and stock managers, district managers we will have good news for them and therefore they can provide more assets and resources aka (money ,loot,cake,dinero) so we can create better titles, buy new studios and keep on feeding our families.
EA doesn't decide what game gets released next, they just want the $$$. if someone doesn't deliver, they are fired.
So if it ain't EA calling the shots then who?, who gives the final word and publish it..not criterion and not ghost games..and you calling me tasteless because I'm talking from a business point of view see if your smart you should know that I'm NOT talking from an underground fan or hot pursuit fan point of view but a business point of view i even start by saying i agreed with you and then i break it down in terms of a business perspective and who you think will fired employees , the investors and stock holders of EA...that ones that are investing in the company and everything that's under EA...i being a fan of need for speed ,i seen all generations of it..from the 3do title to the latest..i have played every single need for speed so don't tell me that i am Tasteless, simply you have your likes and i have mines, and if they spend their money on games and dint like them that's their problem..there's something in life called Research and then you have choices.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Phantom_pain33 wrote: So if it ain't EA calling the shots then who?, who gives the final word and publish it..not criterion and not ghost games..and you calling me tasteless because I'm talking from a business point of view see if your smart you should know that I'm NOT talking from an underground fan or hot pursuit fan point of view but a business point of view i even start by saying i agreed with you and then i break it down in terms of a business perspective and who you think will fired employees , the investors and stock holders of EA...that ones that are investing in the company and everything that's under EA...i being a fan of need for speed ,i seen all generations of it..from the 3do title to the latest..i have played every single need for speed so don't tell me that i am Tasteless, simply you have your likes and i have mines, and if they spend their money on games and dint like them that's their problem..there's something in life called Research and then you have choices.
EA are the publisher not the developer silly :P
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

MaxT wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote: So if it ain't EA calling the shots then who?, who gives the final word and publish it..not criterion and not ghost games..and you calling me tasteless because I'm talking from a business point of view see if your smart you should know that I'm NOT talking from an underground fan or hot pursuit fan point of view but a business point of view i even start by saying i agreed with you and then i break it down in terms of a business perspective and who you think will fired employees , the investors and stock holders of EA...that ones that are investing in the company and everything that's under EA...i being a fan of need for speed ,i seen all generations of it..from the 3do title to the latest..i have played every single need for speed so don't tell me that i am Tasteless, simply you have your likes and i have mines, and if they spend their money on games and dint like them that's their problem..there's something in life called Research and then you have choices.
EA are the publisher not the developer silly :P
Exactly what I'm saying and they have the rights to say no this is wrong,keep this feature , add more of this and that.for example they knew autolog was a perfect milking tool , so they added across all games like SSX and Battlefield half of the decisions they make needs to be approved by ea ,so if ea says i don't want an underground this year..they will try to convinced them but ea will talk to criterion and say go help them we want money simple as that...i don't like this back and forth man..look what matters here is that we are all fans of the series and that's the bottom line :)..im still looking forward to rivals tho. reminds me of high stakes..for some odd reason it does and they keep using the world high stakes in the interview and gameplay videos.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
Exactly what I'm saying and they have the rights to say no this is wrong,keep this feature , add more of this and that.for example they knew autolog was a perfect milking tool , so they added across all games like SSX and Battlefield half of the decisions they make needs to be approved by ea ,so if ea says i don't want an underground this year..they will try to convinced them but ea will talk to criterion and say go help them we want money simple as that...i don't like this back and forth man..look what matters here is that we are all fans of the series and that's the bottom line :)..im still looking forward to rivals tho. reminds me of high stakes..for some odd reason it does and they keep using the world high stakes in the interview and gameplay videos.
umm... no quite the opposite actually. they don't get involved in development. how did you come to the conclusion that they do? :-/
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

MaxT wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:
umm... no quite the opposite actually. they don't get involved in development. how did you come to the conclusion that they do? :-/
of course EA does not get involved in the development.... but the entire development is done on their road map.
however, the road map does not include specifics like feature sets or etc...
it includes target reviewer scores... time window... target amount of sales...maybe there is another policy that the game life cycle should not be more than 6 or so months (so they can keep milking the franchise)... that means less features that add replayablity value.

Return to “News”