NFSU2 goes GTA!!!

Need for Speed Underground 2 News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
MikeFarrar
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFSU2 goes GTA!!!

Post by MikeFarrar »

An exclusive 2 part interview with Chuck Osieja from computerandvideogames.com revealed that nfsu2 will indeed go GTA. They have not said anything yet about getting out of your car, BUT they have revealed that all the tracks wil be interconnected. ie Remember in NFSU, all the circuit tracks have those annoying walls that block off the other tracks? Well NFSU2 eliminates these. So players can pick different routes that will increase or decrease your lap times.
The story mode is quite different to the 1st game. It starts off on why you left the Undergound city and went to the Underground 2 city. The story then picks up and you restablish yourself in the new community and become the "cool kid" by finding out who the hotteset racers are and where the hottest races are being held.
Performance affecting weather is another big thing in NFSU2. The roads will get wet and dirty and this will affect your cars performance. So Lap times will vary depending on the weather. Also the weather cannot be chosen. It could be sunny one minute then it might start pouring down.
The NFSU2 world is VERY different to the first game. You will be able to explore the world and interact with other racers. You start off in one area, the other areas are "boxed off" by using the GTA style construction blockoff. As you progress through the game, the construction zones will open and you will be able to enter bigger and badder terriitory.
Remember the movie that started this franchise? It was called "The Fast and The Furious". For those who have seen the movie remember that 1st race? Where all the racers meet at one point, discuss things, show off there cars, then they move to another point and race. Well NFSU2 is going to have that. You will be able to drive to your starting point.
Nothing has been revealed about the online mode for NFSU2, BUT Chuck has said that they will do something cool with the new open mode
and online but he hasnt reveaaled any further details. Could this mean Free Roam online? Many enthusiasts like me hope so. Being able to interact with people visually is a very good step towards the NFS Franchise.
NFSU2 is still leaving people frothing at the mouth, and it wont be released till November!! So all those people who are as enthusiastic as me have to wait for more info. =(

Nfsunlimited News Reporter
~Mike

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com articles:
Part 1
Part 2
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFSU2 goes GTA!!!

Post by Morty »

All I have to say to this is "oh my God". :shock: Online Free Roam, different lap routes, changing weather. I only see one bad thing with NFSU2, the fact that it's not coming until November. That's 6 months!! :evil:

Anyways, good job Mike :D
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

what is the meaning of GTA? (grand theft auto?) hmmmm It's damn promising much much more than in the screenshots! As we say in Maltese - IGRI TASAL! (who ever understood me just make a sign :D )
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I have seen F&F1 and I dont understand a thing of 1st drag... why are the same people at startline and at the finish line? I mean: For example, Toretto talks with his girlfriend at start, take his RX7, drives all straight at 200mph, arrives to finish line and... here is his girlfriend! ! ! :shock: :shock:
keiri
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keiri »

LMAO...b/c she drove there while he was shooting the breeze with the other losers, I mean racers. :D This means I can drive around in my MAZDASPEED Miata!

Keiri
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

im not sure dani, but once the race was over with i think the racers turned back around and headed back to the starting line, i think. anyways, this game is sounding better and better by the minute, EA ROCKS!!!!! :D
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

The answer too that is quit simple they drive back to the starting line, but most off that scene was cut out from the movie you could have seen that in cut out scene's from the Fast and the Furious.

Free roam online would be sweet you can challenge anyone you want and if there's a race going on somewhere you can spectate from a frontrow seat in your car chasing the other cars
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

how many of you have read the whole article? (the two pages) I think it is damn amazing and breathtaking! It is as if the game will have damage and one will have to actually get out of the car, walk into the shop and buy the parts! Stunning! We heared a lot of comments as regards ea will do a poor job, but I think that after than +1yr of work they will give us a stunning game! Come on EA!!
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

wow! I have read the whole article... a bit difficult to understand because the language, but I have a general idea. It seems we will shock with that huge open city :)
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

read the whole thing. again, hasn't really said much except the part of Free Roam. Great! But obviously he's very careful at what he says, and he's trying very hard to sell us smth we haven't really seen yet! I remeber reading same type of interview before NFSU came out and man I was excited. I am a little more cautious now.

So NFSU2 was in developement BEFORE NFSU1 was actually shipped... Suddenly so many things are clear!
ed'dy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ed'dy »

I'm wordless!!! :shock:
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Yeah, I read about nfs1 before it released and read about free roaming too... lol

Nfsu2 will be the result of a maximum effort by EA. in nfsu1 the effort was lower, in order to sell us 2 games, 1st one good game and later a perfect game. I bought the 1st and will buy the 2nd. Their campaign have been perfect!
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

i know that when NFSU2 comes out i am going to buy it, it sounds like a pretty good game to me.
vF.RiSSol3
Stock
Stock

Post by vF.RiSSol3 »

i cant believe half of this thread is talkin about FNF

this free roam (if it does happen) will be so f ing awsome....... if they r going to have the scissor doors then of course they will have to do sumthin about people actually chekcin ur car out.

the whole idea about meeting somewheer b4 u race, then go to the race section is really good i rekocn im going to definatly enjoy this 2nd instalment of NFSU..... better b good *)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

yep Urq... it does make thing alot clearer.... NFS U2 beeing in production before NFS U1 was in stores
vF.RiSSol3
Stock
Stock

Post by vF.RiSSol3 »

i want UG2 to have music imort capabilities im sick of hearing the same songs so i just turned them off
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

You want nfsu2 because the music???? oh man... the most important thing are the cars! ! !
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

That's not what he wrote, Dani :wink: hehe, if I understood it right, he wants to add his own music to the game. For instance, like VC's mp3 player.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Dani350z the most important thing is GAMEPLAY and QUALITY.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

I got to agree with abrams gameplay and quality are more important then cars and music.

Return to “News”