K_R/Murcie's new whip.

The forum to show off your ride - cars, motorbikes, trucks or other vehicles. Read the rules before posting your ride.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

K_R/Murcie's new whip.

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

So, this was my old car, as some of you may know:

The good ol' '94 Accord VTi. Effortlessly reliable and admirably cheap to run. Also incredibly boring to drive.

Well in August of last year I sold it, this is my upgrade (and what an upgrade it is).

DSC_0013 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

DSC_0015 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

It's a 2000 Subaru Impreza WRX Club Spec Evo 4, lightly modified.

DSC_0016 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

DSC_0020 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

DSC_0023 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

This was the day after I picked it up. The CSE4 package is all cosmetic, the only "mechanical" difference being the MY99 5-spoke mags painted black instead of the MY00 mags. However it has had a few very light modifications:

- MRT turbo dump and mid pipes; the muffler and tips are stock at the moment but I will be taking it back to S&J Automotive soon to get both those replaced by MRT Rally bits as well.
- ECUTeK Type 2 retune
- Thicker custom top mount intercooler
- STi carbon-fibre front strut brace

4 months after taking ownership I started my own mods. First thing to go was the rubbish stereo. I chucked in the Rockford Fosgate speakers and the two amps from the Skyline I had way back when, and bought myself a new Alpine Type S 12" subwoofer (enclosed) and a Sony Xplod XAV64BT head unit (the old Kenwood unit got passed on with the Accord). The speakers are getting on a bit now but they still sound fantastic; the sub has a lot of punch, excellent bang for buck. The Sony also has a lot of features for the money.

Untitled-9 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

Untitled-5 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

Shout out to Bullet for My Valentine.

Untitled-8 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

Next up, the personalised plates. My mum's (famous round these parts) 2005 WRX had SIC EM as the numberplates for "Sic 'Em, Rex!" When she sold that WRX back in 2009 she surrendered the plate number (which I happen to have those plates hanging on my bedroom wall :3 ). Fast forward to late 2012, SIC EM was available, so mine has now become "SIC EM 2.0."

Untitled-1 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

Untitled-2 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

Untitled-6 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

Left foglight was out here; promptly replaced

Untitled-7 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

Then, 6 months after taking ownership I got my first big ticket item:

IMG_20130409_172433[1] by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

The original wheels were 16x7" MY99 Impreza alloys with 205/50/R16 Toyo TEO Plus tyres; I decided to take it to the next level.

I got a hold of Autotechnik Tuning in Sydney, Australia's major distributor of Enkei wheels and ordered these puppies in. They are Enkei GTC01 aluminium racing wheels, measuring up 18x8". Had to wait an agonising 8 weeks for them to come in from Japan and clear customs but eventually they got here, and eventually they were mounted up with 225/40/ZR18 Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002 tyres. Clearance was an issue, especially in the rear; after the wheels were fit I got the rear guard lips rolled, all hunky dory!

So now fast forward to now, and a year of happy driving, I'm now starting to consider some more power and drivetrain strengthening to cope. This may not happen for a while though.

Untitled-10 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

A few pictures with a workmate's Monaro:

limeandcustard by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

limeandcustard2 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

meow by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: K_R/Murcie's new whip.

Post by TheStig »

Nice upgrade :)

And a Yellow Impreza... nice, somthing different from blue :)
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Re: K_R/Murcie's new whip.

Post by Zotic+ »

uhuhuh sweet i love this generation impreza the best. Its a shame that none of them were turbocharged here in the states. Are you familiar with AVO by any chance?
Instagram @SupraHKS

Return to “Your Rides”