New movie..

Come here to discuss game related movies/production.
zak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

New movie..

Post by zak »

Hey there

I have almost finished my hi res NFSU movie, the question I ask is..so far its 350MB would anyone download this? and 2nd where do I upload it to?

Any help would be appricated..

zak
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »

Well, if you could bring it back to, lets say: 50mb, I'll DL it. 350mb is a lot! How long is the movie?
zak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by zak »

hey, well its about 10 mins long, if i were to squeeze the movie to such size then it would loose all its quality, and thats what the movie is all about....

Im trying a few things now to squeeze it lower....watch this space..
I originaly did it for a TV production so I used TV quality and res, hard to alter once already cut the movie to size :(

But is there a place I can upload it too?
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

350mb? Are you serious? I wouldn't accept that, it'd take me a day just to get it uploaded.

You HAVE to trim that, if it's larger than 50 megs I won't accept it, just because it's a waste of time for me to upload something so big. What program are you using? If you can get it into WMM you can compress it down very nicely. I reccomend VIDEO FOR BROADBAND @ 512kbps.

If you can't trim it you'll have to find your own place to put it at.
zak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by zak »

hmmmm....

Guess if you saw it then you would understand.. :)
if I compress it any less than it is now.. then it just looses the point of the production in this case...
thanks anyway. i'll find somewhere to upload it to so if anyone wants then they can get!

Ta
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Let me know by posting here when you get it up somewhere with a link. I'd be willing to download and watch it, and post a link on the site so that people can download it if they want to.
zak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by zak »

Thanks Sp3ak, apprciate it..

Im just learnign about decoding for low quality, (All i ever work in is high res so Im so used to this) low quality for me is still High.... if you see what I mean, the original movie was nearly 2 gig in size, thanks to divx its now 330 MB.
only another 280 meg to shave of it!!!!!

Anyone want to give me a tip to shave it but to keep the quality high then please feel free... or else if anyone has somewhere for me to upload it to then I can do that aswell....

Thanks all...
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

What's the resolution now at?

640-480 is fine, so i wouldn't worry about it. Make a low quali version anyway and preview it for us ;).
zak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by zak »

well, I managed to get it to less than 30 MB, although the wholepoint of it now has been lost due to bad translation, but I have nowhere to host he bigger version..

Now I have this small version where I upload it too?
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Speak will let you know if he reads this soon, or just send him a PM. ;)
SweEt
Stock
Stock

Post by SweEt »

I have a 50 meg music vid of me drifting 8 laps in an Rx7, no cheats, sept for a cool lookn paint job.

dont know if anyone wants to see it, but i need somewhere to upload it. Was wondering if there is someone i can talk to about uploading it somewhere.

If not no big deal.

p.s has a heart stopping ending.
LtSnake
Stock
Stock

Post by LtSnake »

I can download and it probably host it if you want zak ... I got 5MB Download/1MB upload and a ftp server so it would make it easy for you to upload it and it would also be easy/fast for the users to download from also....

just a suggestion/idea
Maverick2K4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Maverick2K4 »

Re-compress it from the source
SkyLine GTR
Ricer
Ricer

Re: New movie..

Post by SkyLine GTR »

zak wrote:Hey there

I have almost finished my hi res NFSU movie, the question I ask is..so far its 350MB would anyone download this? and 2nd where do I upload it to?

Any help would be appricated..

zak
yes i would like to see it
Phrozen_
Stock
Stock

Post by Phrozen_ »

Hmmm... If the video is really good, i.e. skill + good effects etc. I guess id download it @ 350MB.

You could try uploading it to Filfront (http://www.filefront.com) - i dont know how that works - ive never uploaded to there. But i think they could host them for free.

Try http://www.own-age.com - thats a site filled with vids from heaps of games e.g cs, gta, nfs etc etc. Just register and contact them for help :P
DaNiMpO
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DaNiMpO »

1 have 1MB speed..i can donload it in no time if its direct download, another thing you can do is upload it to a bittorrent tracker,we download a bittorrent program, and from there we download it, bittorrent is the fastest way of downloading! :wink:

(THIS IS MY FIRST POST IN THIS FORUM,JEJE) :D

Return to “UMP General Discussion”