Need For Speed: Rivals Bugs and glitches thread

2013 Need for Speed Rivals
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Need For Speed: Rivals Bugs and glitches thread

Post by Jack33673 »

With the game out now there will be which I know bugs and glitches in the game if you have any pictures or video of these bugs and glitches please put them here.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Need For Speed: Rivals Bugs and glitches thread

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

i get an error on the ps4,i think its sort off like the same error battlefield 4 players are experiencing. lastnight me and my friends jump into the game and we were having fun in all drive.
markodojkic
Stock
Stock

Post by markodojkic »

I have this problem:
need for speed rivals directX error.jpg
Can anybody tell me how to fix this error?
Riznitch
Stock
Stock

Post by Riznitch »

markodojkic wrote:I have this problem:
Reinstall direct x!
you can either go to the website for direct x or go into the game system folder and look for the folder that says installer\eula\ direct x.exe.

should fix it!
ABilly05
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ABilly05 »

Like he said:
Riznitch wrote: Reinstall direct x!
The error reads about a shader problem, so you should update or reinstall DirectX. I wouldn't be surprised if the game still caused problems, though, as it lags like mad.
markodojkic
Stock
Stock

Post by markodojkic »

ABilly05 wrote:
Like he said:
The error reads about a shader problem, so you should update or reinstall DirectX. I wouldn't be surprised if the game still caused problems, though, as it lags like mad.
I reinstalled DirectX but error stil shows up! :?:
Riznitch
Stock
Stock

Post by Riznitch »

markodojkic wrote:
ABilly05 wrote:
Like he said:
I reinstalled DirectX but error stil shows up! :?:
I would say update drivers for graphx card (i hate when people say that 2). check and make sure all windows updates are updated. see if uninstalling then reinstall directx helps. If you have origin or steam right click on the game in origin/steam and try and see if a repair install gets you anywhere.

i assume you meet all the minimal requirements

....lol im trying man
SuperVeloce Kaioken
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SuperVeloce Kaioken »

5 bugs/glitches that I've noticed on the Xbox 360 while playing as a RCPD unit in Freedrive.
*Gameplay Bugs/Glitches*

#1: Sometimes when passing through event activation locations (Hot Pursuit, Interceptor, Rapid Response) the game freezes for a few seconds. Any sound effects such as crashes will continue to play as the game is temporarily paused. The game then continues with no negative effects from the pause.
Most of the time it has occurred on highways, when passing through event locations at high speeds.

#2: AI racers on occasion will literally vanish into thin air as they are approached; thus starting a pursuit with said racer is impossible. This has happened both online & ***offline***. They vanish at all ranges; from just within eyesight, to literally touching bumpers distance.

#3: AI controlled police vehicles patrol on the interstate incorrectly quite often; going against traffic which is beyond irritating & impractical. It's understandable that AI racers drive in oncoming sometimes, however an oncoming patrolling AI police unit will crash you every time in a head-on at high speeds.....it's an unwelcome surprise when playing as an RCPD unit as well.

#4: After starting a pursuit, EMPs sometimes "reset" right before firing. It seems to occur more often when numerous AI police have joined the pursuit to assist. The EMP is useable immediately after the glitch (no recharge) & the "reset" EMP is not deducted from the ammo supply. A very strange glitch.

#5: While rare, random AI racers can spawn directly ahead of players in close proximity, resulting in an unavoidable collision. It's literally the opposite of glitch/bug #2.
Last edited by SuperVeloce Kaioken on 23 Nov 2013, 03:02, edited 3 times in total.
SuperVeloce Kaioken
Ricer
Ricer

In Rapid Responses, sometimes crashes result in a "cinematic like" reset.

Upon the vehicle resetting from the collision, the player's vehicle will be uncontrollable & heading in the incorrect direction for a few seconds. The Rapid Response timer is still active during this time. After the inconvenience, the game either resets the vehicle again a second time (correctly) or the player eventually regains control & must manually turn around to continue.

This makes earning a gold impossible whenever it happens, for the timer remains active during the glitch.
In addition, the collision penalties are still active as well while the vehicle is uncontrollable.
GhostRiderLSOV
Stock
Stock

Post by GhostRiderLSOV »

Not sure if it's only in the PC version, but Undercover / Enforcer assignment voice/text is reversed.
You hear agressive stuff when choosing an Undercover assignment and "strike from within" and such when selecting Enforcer, which is...wrong. :P
Rimzoco
Stock
Stock

Post by Rimzoco »

disconnected/server crash , then the server migrates all users to a new server
annoying mid race as you can hear your car hitting walls while still loading the new server, and your time trial counter is still counting :(
SuperVeloce Kaioken
Ricer
Ricer

GhostRiderLSOV wrote:Not sure if it's only in the PC version, but Undercover / Enforcer assignment voice/text is reversed.
You hear agressive stuff when choosing an Undercover assignment and "strike from within" and such when selecting Enforcer, which is...wrong. :P
A few of the assignment voice & texts on the Xbox 360 are the same way.
SuperVeloce Kaioken
Ricer
Ricer

SuperVeloce Kaioken wrote:In Rapid Responses, sometimes crashes result in a "cinematic like" reset.

Upon the vehicle resetting from the collision, the player's vehicle will be uncontrollable & heading in the incorrect direction for a few seconds. The Rapid Response timer is still active during this time. After the inconvenience, the game either resets the vehicle again a second time (correctly) or the player eventually regains control & must manually turn around to continue.

This makes earning a gold impossible whenever it happens, for the timer remains active during the glitch.
In addition, the collision penalties are still active as well while the vehicle is uncontrollable.

Quoting myself because the same bug/glitch can occur during Hot Pursuits.
AI racers continue traveling during, sometimes gaining a lead to where it's impossible to catch up.
Shadomasta
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Shadomasta »

SuperVeloce Kaioken wrote:
SuperVeloce Kaioken wrote:In Rapid Responses, sometimes crashes result in a "cinematic like" reset.

Quoting myself because the same bug/glitch can occur during Hot Pursuits.
AI racers continue traveling during, sometimes gaining a lead to where it's impossible to catch up.
This actually happens in all game modes, including free roam during pursuits. Really annoying.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

this is a known issue.
https://help.ea.com/article/need-for-sp ... ectx-error

i'm having the same problem with an ati 4650 1GB. 13.9 drivers.
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

Navid_A1 wrote:
this is a known issue.
https://help.ea.com/article/need-for-sp ... ectx-error

i'm having the same problem with an ati 4650 1GB. 13.9 drivers.
My problem is that every time I play the game the game freezes just like NFS: undercover except for the fact that the timer but keeps running. I hope they fix this problem and soon. To be honest everybody has been saying that EA should have been using the chameleon 2.0 engine and not frostbite and I kind of agree with everyone on this subject after I've seen what the game can do.
SuperVeloce Kaioken
Ricer
Ricer

Personal bug/glitch:

- Deployed a roadblock immediately as Hot Pursuit mission "Negotiations Over" began, as the racers went around the first corner all 3 were busted mysteriously. I had not caught up to them at that point, nor were any nearby AI police involved, & to top it the roadblock never appeared even though it was confirmed over the police radio. The racers vanished instantly once they had been busted.

This was on the Xbox 360.

Ended up getting a time of 9.81 seconds, didn't have time to really get involved, which ruined the fun. :(

Possibly trying to deploy a roadblock as a Hot Pursuit begins causes this "instant bust" glitch/bug.
navyk77
Stock
Stock

Re: Need For Speed: Rivals Host Migrates and lose points!

Post by navyk77 »

I was at over 97,000 points for the 100,000 point mission when the host migrated and deleted all my points. WTF is that?
SuperVeloce Kaioken
Ricer
Ricer

Using the Veneno on several time trials, experienced 2-3 temporary freezes per time trial.........ridiculous.
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

SuperVeloce Kaioken wrote:Using the Veneno on several time trials, experienced 2-3 temporary freezes per time trial.........ridiculous.
Don't I just say the same thing in the post I mode before your?

Return to “Rivals”