Overwatch

2013 Need for Speed Rivals
Shadomasta
Ricer
Ricer

Overwatch

Post by Shadomasta »

So I didn't realize the full potential of the Overwatch (OW) feature until a few days ago.

For those of you who don't know, OW is a companion site/app for Rivals that allows you to help/hinder rivals as well as raise your OW Level. At first, I only used the site ( network.needforspeed.com ) to raise my OW level to unlock different cars and liveries. When I access the site while at work, I would mess around and throw Roadblocks and Helicopters at random Rivals and try to bust them without even being at the console. Then I had this brilliant idea.

I stream my gameplay on Twitch so my brother at home can watch and comment on my gameplay. As I was playing I gave him the information to my OW account and basically used him as live dispatch.

He would tell me:

where the nearest Racers are.

where the nearest Cop is

if the Cop needs backup

if a cop is coming to back me up.

After I get this information, he would:

Start the pursuit by jamming a racer once (s)he got within a quarter mile (0.40 km) away so that I stay hidden.

Send roadblocks against the target

Send helicopters against the target

Cut off the target's Nitrous supply

Restore MY nitrous supply (I ask him not to do this, as each of these things cost "Gas Points" and I find it to be a waste

Repair my vehicle if needed

All in all, I feel that OW isn't getting the attention it deserves as almost every player I encounter still has their OW level at 1.

Moral of the story? USE THE OVERWATCH FEATURE!It's worth it. (No, the app is not available, but that doesn't change my opinion at all.)
likebutta
Stock
Stock

Re: Overwatch

Post by likebutta »

Overwatch was an interesting idea gone bad. I don't so much mind that it can be used to deploy tools to hinder or assist in escaping/catching up but there is one fatal flaw: You can heal yourself. To full. And the user doesn't have a care in the world unless some extenuating scenarios reveal themselves.

I spent time chasing a racer and every time he got to half health or lower (even at little as 10-20%), they healed back to full HP. This takes the fun out of the game and the really negates the point of it's multiplayer component.

They need to remove any health related actions from Overwatch.
1bmwm3
Stock
Stock

Re: Overwatch

Post by 1bmwm3 »

I'm still trying to figure out why it says "You have not played Need for Speed™ Rivals on your console or PC.
Play now to join the Rivalry" when ive had the game since release, is there something i have to do to connect my game data? because it also says "no game data detected".

Return to “Rivals”