Need for Speed weekly news roundup

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Need for Speed weekly news roundup

Post by Bojan »

Over a week has passed since the announcement of the new Need for Speed game that's coming out this year. Quite a lot of information has been released since, all summed up in this article:

* The game will have no subtitle, it will simply be called Need for Speed
* Xbox.com leaked the release date as November 3rd. This information hasn't been confirmed by EA however.
* An internet connection will be required to play the game. The game has a "seamless online mode" comparable to Alldrive in Need for Speed Rivals.
* The game has a nocturnal environment with harbour, city and canyon area. The area is called Ventura Bay and should have a west coast feel.
* Five unique game modes are available called Speed, Style, Build, Crew, and Outlaw. Details about game modes are not yet available.
* The game will be available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. No previous gen consoles.
Eurotrash
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Need for Speed weekly news roundup

Post by Eurotrash »

I thought the city was Los Angeles. It looks like it, and the cars have real California license plates.
PuskasGT
Stock
Stock

Post by PuskasGT »

An internet connection will be required to play the game. The game has a "seamless online mode" comparable to Alldrive in Need for Speed Rivals.
Absolutely amazing how they already managed to screw it up, before even showing any gameplay. Must be some kind of new record. Finally, a game we've been wanting for a decade, earning back some goodwill and yet, EA gonna' EA. I can't fathom what goes on in their minds when decisions like these are being made. The fan backlash is a fantastic sight on their social media pages.

Bravo nonetheless.

=D>

My hype for this game just jumped out of the 163rd floor of Burj Khalifa, head first.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

BTW Bojan you can also add, that based on the interviews of the car websites and groups that were invited to provide feedback for the game one of the guys literally says this game has a lot of counter steering which another word for a lot of "drifting" so fans expecting a more grounded tight driving model guess what it sounds like drifting is part of the overall driving experience since you still got guys from criterion adding the secret sauce from their burnout games at Ghost Games.they will wow the crowd (drones..) with the customization Gameplay at E3 and the graphics..but we all heard the same song over and over again..black box need to come together and throw a kickstarter and made a true successor to the series, just like some guys are creating the successor to road rash which btw it feels freaking good, i was like i haven't had a smile while gaming and when i was playing Road Redemption i was smiling.
Eurotrash
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Eurotrash »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:BTW Bojan you can also add, that based on the interviews of the car websites and groups that were invited to provide feedback for the game one of the guys literally says this game has a lot of counter steering which another word for a lot of "drifting" so fans expecting a more grounded tight driving model guess what it sounds like drifting is part of the overall driving experience since you still got guys from criterion adding the secret sauce from their burnout games at Ghost Games.they will wow the crowd (drones..) with the customization Gameplay at E3 and the graphics..but we all heard the same song over and over again..black box need to come together and throw a kickstarter and made a true successor to the series, just like some guys are creating the successor to road rash which btw it feels freaking good, i was like i haven't had a smile while gaming and when i was playing Road Redemption i was smiling.
Know what would be cool? A Need For Speed game taking place... in space! No? Well maybe not, but I'd still be a better Need For Speed game than this ****.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Really disappointing design decision to be always online. Thankfully it was announced early and not hidden from the consumers until last minute, because it gives time for the community to speak their mind and hopefully reverse the decision.
Eurotrash
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Eurotrash »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Really disappointing design decision to be always online. Thankfully it was announced early and not hidden from the consumers until last minute, because it gives time for the community to speak their mind and hopefully reverse the decision.
The day EA reverse a decision because the fans didn't like it will be the day the Earth stops.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Guys...please hear my theory.
I think EA is doing a very cheap practice in the production business:

- you have product that you want to introduce to market and you dont have a good reputation.
- Your new product has x number of flaws.
- You introduce an outrageous design decision to steal the show (the flaw show i mean)
- The community start a sh*t storm
- you let them start a campaign for a couple of months
- You resign for the decision... because you "care" about the fans and you are so good and your fan's opinions are important to you
- you sell the product to a number of fans that feel they've been victorious over you (who feel good when they buy)
- they notice the other flaws that they did not pay attention at first
- they can not do sh*t.. you got the money.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Eurotrash wrote:
Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Really disappointing design decision to be always online. Thankfully it was announced early and not hidden from the consumers until last minute, because it gives time for the community to speak their mind and hopefully reverse the decision.
The day EA reverse a decision because the fans didn't like it will be the day the Earth stops.
EA had no choice due to the DRM to reverse simcity and release an offline mode patch and the game ran better and smoother offline..but guess what..they killed maxis the developers of simcity..so is never always a win for this people.the problem is who's running the gaming industry are people expert in products(goods,food,ect..) they are not gamers and don't give a damn about gaming and then add to that the investors have a system of marketing and profits with all this metrics and all of that in the end they are sitting down yelling at publishers CEO's and developers to rush a product cause their precious numbers are done for if they don't meet their fiscal year goals.

This right here is a big example of the term mainstream..gaming went mainstream on the 2000's, during the 90's it was still a market that was not on the eyes of the mainstream media..once it became mainstream then off course the fing vultures,tycoon,investors buy off the publishers and then once they own at least 30% of the shares and actions of the publisher they start making decision so they can sleep good at night have money to go on expensive vacation and all of that.

Need For Speed is EA last straw for the series after this if this fails..the future of this series is uncertain sadly..if we fight this offline im worry that the ultimatum will be yeah give to the fans but your studio is done..cuts,cuts,resize until the series is obsolete..lets now focus on titanfall,battlefield, and more and more fing shooters..no variety in this industry anymore that's why honestly kickstarter is whats going to save this industry if we support the developers that are professional and know what they are doing.

/facepalm
Eurotrash
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Eurotrash »

Phantom_pain33 wrote: EA had no choice due to the DRM to reverse simcity and release an offline mode patch and the game ran better and smoother offline..
I seriously doubt EA reversed their decision in that case. Judging by their timing, I'm pretty sure they had it all planned from the start. Make SimCity difficult to pirate through online restrictions (thus increasing their sales, in theory anyway) then wait until all opening the gates to piracy by removing those restrictions could do to their sales is provide free publicity. gg EA
Phantom_pain33 wrote: Need For Speed is EA last straw for the series after this if this fails..the future of this series is uncertain sadly..if we fight this offline im worry that the ultimatum will be yeah give to the fans but your studio is done
The best thing that could happen for Need For Speed right now is for EA to let it die. It's name has been dragged through feces for too long, only way it can return to glory now is if it stays dead for the next decade and then someone makes a proper reboot.

For me it died with Hot Pursuit 2.
Phantom_pain33 wrote: cuts,cuts,resize until the series is obsolete..lets now focus on titanfall,battlefield, and more and more fing shooters..no variety in this industry anymore that's why honestly kickstarter is whats going to save this industry if we support the developers that are professional and know what they are doing.
Yeah. Let's support the "professionals" asking $60.000 for a potato salad. Better yet, $50.000.000 could pretty much save Africa from starvation, sickness and war altogether, but nooo let's fund a generic space FPS that we don't know anything about instead.

Kickstarter is a joke. It helps crooks get rich with little effort, not professionals. Professionals know how to get funding and find a publisher, they don't need Kickstarter.

I'd sooner give my entire life savings to save EA from bankruptcy than give a dime to Kickstarter.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Navid_A1 wrote:Guys...please hear my theory.
I think EA is doing a very cheap practice in the production business:

- you have product that you want to introduce to market and you dont have a good reputation.
- Your new product has x number of flaws.
- You introduce an outrageous design decision to steal the show (the flaw show i mean)
- The community start a sh*t storm
- you let them start a campaign for a couple of months
- You resign for the decision... because you "care" about the fans and you are so good and your fan's opinions are important to you
- you sell the product to a number of fans that feel they've been victorious over you (who feel good when they buy)
- they notice the other flaws that they did not pay attention at first
- they can not do sh*t.. you got the money.
That won't work on smart consumers that sees through their BS. It isn't exactly like how you described it, but MS went through a similar situation with their early DRM policy with the Xbox1, except now they're trailing so far behind the competition that they had no choice but to reverse all their dumb decisions (removing kinect from the bundle, lower price etc.) on top of removing their DRM policy. Yes, they are doing fine now, but they did lose a lot of potential customers like me.

The Xbox1 was something I could see myself picking up cheap down the road if it eventually got good exclusives, but even with all they've done to "apologize" for the 2013 backlash, I still don't trust them and I don't want to support them at least for this gen. I also did it with The Crew even though I loved TDU2, so I have no problem doing it with NFS2015.
Eurotrash
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Eurotrash »

junior6at wrote: That won't work on smart consumers that sees through their BS.
Implying any smart consumer buys EA games...
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Just found this interview on Eurogamer who ever is interested give it a look.

among the information for people asking about day to night cycle this game takes place from dusk to dawn or it could be in between.
-The press release mentions a "nocturnal open world". What is it about the open world that makes it nocturnal?

Marcus Nilsson: I actually had to define it on my iPhone to know what that word meant! The world itself is set at dusk to dawn. You saw an open world in Rivals and how we with AllDrive filled it with a lot of different things to do. We've learned a lot from that experience. We're absolutely bringing AllDrive back into this, but in an improved way, making it easier to play with your friends. We want you to go into that world and get a large selection of variety. AllDrive is obviously part of that.-

and yeah the AllDRIVE.. same as Craig with Autolog back in 2010..deja vu..
Facepalm/

Return to “News”