The RX7

2003 Need for Speed Underground
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Skylines are one of the worst driving cars in the game... wich really is a shame.
When I was racing Online (wich I don't, I don't even play the game at all anymore)
I never lost from a Skyline on circuit with my 206
In drag, well I did loose cause I simply am not good at it, got just under 20 sec. with a RX-7

but looking at it all

the RX-7 is simply to good it is good at everything... wich simply SUCKS
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

The RX7 is not good ad everything it depants on the driver because i have beaten the shiznit out off it with some slower cars like the integra and the 240SX
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Sweeper wrote: The trick is, to balance the car, then I don't mean just driving with crappy tires, you need to balance engine power as well to the suspension, transmission. (...)
-->My RX7 is balanced<-- and it rarely does the spins that I see normal people do (Overdrifting, then all of a sudden turning 180 Degree's)
Are you talking about your real life RX7???
You can't make your own adjusts in nfsu1, but in nfsu2 you will be able to.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

It must be real life where else can you edit every little thing on your car
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

I pulled a 430,000+ chained drift on track 6 today, in the Ford Focus. So that is definate proof that the Impreza isn't the best. I too find it hard to get high drift numbers with the impreza, possible because it's AWD.

On the topic of the best all around car, I forgot about the 206. Tons of people use the 206 in circuit races online, and then ran really haul. I have my RX7 that I completed Underground with set as my prized possesion as far as the game goes. Obviously all LVL3 with unqiue Engine, ECU, and Turbo. It's insanely fast, almost too fast for me sometimes, and there's guys in the 206 that can beat me by over 5 seconds with no problems.
LancerevoVIII
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LancerevoVIII »

Sweeper wrote:In short races, the Skyline may be a pain, it accelerates quickly thanks to high Torque values and 4WD.

gear is the best acceleration gear on the RX-7.

As for the Impreza, best I can do chained on it is 50k.
Just won't do anymore, can't gain revs sufficiently.
Thats why I like the RX-7, It responds to my actions, and I have an average drift speed of 120 KPH though I miss more power in it now.
The trick is, to balance the car, then I don't mean just driving with crappy tires, you need to balance engine power as well to the suspension, transmission.
Read the tips section at http://www.redsuns.net (If the host has gotten it back up again :roll: )
My RX7 is balanced and it rarely does the spins that I see normal people do (Overdrifting, then all of a sudden turning 180 Degree's)
Thats why my driving is very dynamic and now it is mainly pure routine when I drift.
I am also pretty fast on the drift track, I haven't had anyone that could keep up with my pace.
I didnt know there was a redsuns team in circulation. I thought my team was the only Initial D influenced team in NFSU online. *huh go figure*
I'll be sure to send you a challenge sometime. Look out for IDPandaAE86 and TokyoRedline.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

TheStig wrote:Skylines are one of the worst driving cars in the game... wich really is a shame.
When I was racing Online (wich I don't, I don't even play the game at all anymore)
I never lost from a Skyline on circuit with my 206
In drag, well I did loose cause I simply am not good at it, got just under 20 sec. with a RX-7

but looking at it all

the RX-7 is simply to good it is good at everything... wich simply SUCKS
Yea, same here.

I got owned by a 206 in a Skyline. :|

Oh well, RX7 rocks.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Dani350z wrote:
Sweeper wrote: The trick is, to balance the car, then I don't mean just driving with crappy tires, you need to balance engine power as well to the suspension, transmission. (...)
-->My RX7 is balanced<-- and it rarely does the spins that I see normal people do (Overdrifting, then all of a sudden turning 180 Degree's)
Are you talking about your real life RX7???
You can't make your own adjusts in nfsu1, but in nfsu2 you will be able to.
Underground RX7, I know you cannot alter you own values, but you can choose your upgrades.
Thats what I mean balancing, by mixing level 3 with Level 2 and Level 1's to make the perfect combination that suits your driving...
It is a highly advanced tuning technique, but sadly, I miss the ability to tune gears and suspension though, hope I get it in the NFSU 2.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

I still play GT3 when I want to play something realistic. Theres nothing like buying the 200sx, tuning it up to about 450bhp then turning the traction control and ASM off and taking it round Grand Valley. Now thats drifting 8)
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

You can do it in GT3 and 2.
But the problem is, when you are a PC gamer and lack a console, well Underground is the best I got.
Well I have tried GT2 actually, had some fun putting my Underground skills down and some theoretical knowledge beating a friend of mine who was supposed to be good.

Funny thing actually, but once you lose concentration, you are out.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Most people have that when they are concentrated and losse that concetration they are out or they just drive worst and can't get back in concetration untill the next race
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

LancerevoVIII wrote:
Sweeper wrote:In short races, the Skyline may be a pain, it accelerates quickly thanks to high Torque values and 4WD.

gear is the best acceleration gear on the RX-7.

As for the Impreza, best I can do chained on it is 50k.
Just won't do anymore, can't gain revs sufficiently.
Thats why I like the RX-7, It responds to my actions, and I have an average drift speed of 120 KPH though I miss more power in it now.
The trick is, to balance the car, then I don't mean just driving with crappy tires, you need to balance engine power as well to the suspension, transmission.
Read the tips section at http://www.redsuns.net (If the host has gotten it back up again :roll: )
My RX7 is balanced and it rarely does the spins that I see normal people do (Overdrifting, then all of a sudden turning 180 Degree's)
Thats why my driving is very dynamic and now it is mainly pure routine when I drift.
I am also pretty fast on the drift track, I haven't had anyone that could keep up with my pace.
I didnt know there was a redsuns team in circulation. I thought my team was the only Initial D influenced team in NFSU online. *huh go figure*
I'll be sure to send you a challenge sometime. Look out for IDPandaAE86 and TokyoRedline.
Well check with the webpage's members section before you challenge us.
We have a problem recently with copycats saying they are RedSuns members, but they are NOT!
If the name is RSSweeper, RSKaerar, RSMatt or RSMemphis it is the real deal, so far we have no other members that is 100% included in the RedSuns.
We also drive with the PIAA logo on the RX-7 which is actually a customised vinyl set.
I'll post pics of them later if people wants to see it.
If you see any copycats, don't hesitate emailing us their username, we may have to create a list of the known copycats as we do with the cheaters now.

In the RedSuns, there exists a code of honor that is not very well known.
One of the codes says: "NEVER turn down a challenge" Which can be a pain for the other challenging team if we are challenged on the way to a battle........
Rule nr 2 forbids cheating online, we accept cheats offline as the AI actually cheats on you.

Well what kind of team do you have LancerEvo 8?
Whats your team name? Happy to see another team, just tell us if you want a race anytime, I will be unable to race myself, but Kaerar is still connected.
Until I get DSL again (I moved you see) I am unable to play online, just using crap computers to post on the forums.
Warlord
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Warlord »

Wait a sec.I've beaten the Rx7 with a Celica,Supra,Skyline,Focus and even with a Golf in Knockouts with 7 laps and in hard level.I think different people have their own ways of cars n sh*t.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

TheStig wrote:the RX-7 is simply to good it is good at everything... wich simply SUCKS
yea, we've been over this lots of times and it just is. Which makes online racing less exiting cuz top 10 drivers in every room mostly drive a RX7. I'd like to see some more ppl trying to squeeze everything out of their fav cars; that they don't win every race is guaranteed (?), but it certainly will be cool! But what it comes down to: there should be more diversity in cars competing each other... maybe in nfsu2???? Hopefully there will be more competative cars to challenge eachother... but in the worst case: does the new advanced filter work on cars too ;) ?

(well, there is going to be a 6 car race yay! 8) imagine: six different cars on the grid omg can hardly wait)
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Warlord wrote:Wait a sec.I've beaten the Rx7 with a Celica,Supra,Skyline,Focus and even with a Golf in Knockouts with 7 laps and in hard level.I think different people have their own ways of cars n sh*t.
In underground mode i can beat the RX-7 with every car, but try that with people out off the top ten all with there rx7's i beat a guy who was in the top ten i thought 7th place on OS 10 laps he had his RX-7 and i have beaten the shiznit out off him with my Acura Integra. It's just the way you can handle your car some people say that skyline's are shiznit because they have bad top speeds and turning but they are not to bad when you get the right parts and know how to drive it.

Most people on OS can only reach a 39/38 sec lap with the RX-7 and not with other cars i can reach that time with my Integra Eclipse RX-7 and MX-5 with the other cars i reach 40/41 sec lap
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Dragon-of-Rune wrote:... but try that with people out off the top ten all with there rx7's i beat a guy who was in the top ten i thought 7th place on OS 10 laps he had his RX-7 and i have beaten the shiznit out off him with my Acura Integra. It's just the way you can handle your car some people say that skyline's are shiznit because they have bad top speeds and turning but they are not to bad when you get the right parts and know how to drive it.

Most people on OS can only reach a 39/38 sec lap with the RX-7 and not with other cars i can reach that time with my Integra Eclipse RX-7 and MX-5 with the other cars i reach 40/41 sec lap
I almost fainted tonite, clocked a 37,53 with my Focus in OS!!! But that was with nos... After I made a screendump from it, I checked the top Week's Top Performance section and I saw a 22.92 from some guy Ericcarr2 driving a - what else - RX7... but even so: W T F ! ! !
Must be impossible, some hickup orso like the annoying server lag (with all do respect)

not that i want to spam you fine ppl with boring laptimes ;)
LancerevoVIII
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LancerevoVIII »

Could be someone sporting the Infinite nos cheat.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Huh can you really pull of a 22 second OS lap with any cheat??? Raced a Miata yesterday and when he fired his nos he dissapeared in the distance. But he wasn't cheating, just had a good speed out of the corner...
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Been whining too much about the RX7, so my last comment: the "huge" difference in performance b/ the cars is confirmed for me yesterday: 1 milion rep in 1 week... Took me 1 year to get 10% of that rep with a Focus :?

w/e
Attachments
StinkRX7.gif
(53.06 KiB) Downloaded 9475 times
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

i know that for a fact, the lancer sux! it may look like it has great acceleration, but on thestreet, it can't keep up. most ppl use the rx7 and miata and puegot. thats like the only car i see in online mode... but i stay wit my skyline. it's the BEST!!!

Don't forget about S2000, which, if you ask me, is the best, even better than that boxy, big, Skyline. :P[/quote]

boxy? i don't think so.. and ppl keep changing the back lights..what's up with that??
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

sorry, wrong topic...
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I use the RX7 for circuit, I must say it is an interresting car I can be serious with.
But you are not able to outrun a 206, I learned that the hard way.
If the 206 driver is skilled that is, I had no problems outrunning low skilled ones.
When you have to brake, the 206 keeps the accelerator floored, that makes him faster in the corners, but on the straights you are faster.
I tried outrunning him, he slowly faded backwards on the straights, but was in my back once I entered the corner.

It was frustrating, I lost, I got understeering in a corner due to too high speeds, and I had to rip the E brake to compensate dumping speed.
It was frustrating indeed, pushing so hard.

Well the Skyline is an ok car to drive, ok handling but won't last in the long run, short runs on 3 laps it is a great car, but once you hit 10 laps, it will suck.
Lack of top end guts, while the RX7 just charges up its high power.
There is another interresting thing about the 7, but nobody uses it, it is a drifter and can actually use its 50 / 50 weight distrubution to its advantage if you drive it properly.

Sadly, a lot of people just drive it for the power.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

yea been there also :? Raced this 206 in Atlantica 10 laps, but I got badly smoked! My fastest in altantica w/o nos was 39, but this guy did 38 overall and a 36!! That was a couple of weeks ago, so I had some respect for this guy. But dunno anymore, cuz just yesterday I found out that trainers like unlimited nos should exist in online gameplay. And you just said that he was fast on the straights eh... :roll: ???

Don't know anymore, but 1 thing I'm sure of: RX7 is fast in circuit. Aren't there going to be more rankings in NFSU2? Perhaps rankings per car, see who get's the most out of their favorite cars...
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Bauke777 wrote:yea been there also :? Raced this 206 in Atlantica 10 laps, but I got badly smoked! My fastest in altantica w/o nos was 39, but this guy did 38 overall and a 36!! That was a couple of weeks ago, so I had some respect for this guy. But dunno anymore, cuz just yesterday I found out that trainers like unlimited nos should exist in online gameplay. And you just said that he was fast on the straights eh... :roll: ???

Don't know anymore, but 1 thing I'm sure of: RX7 is fast in circuit. Aren't there going to be more rankings in NFSU2? Perhaps rankings per car, see who get's the most out of their favorite cars...
206 on Atlantica, those times remind me of "The Black Lightning of Atlantica" Kaerar in other words.
He runs a 206 on Atlantica and does times like that, I heard he recently hit 36 seconds, I can hardly keep up with him, but I smoke his 7 on the drift track.
If he went by the name RSKaerar it was him...
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

Bauke777 wrote:yea been there also :? Raced this 206 in Atlantica 10 laps, but I got badly smoked! My fastest in altantica w/o nos was 39, but this guy did 38 overall and a 36!! That was a couple of weeks ago, so I had some respect for this guy. But dunno anymore, cuz just yesterday I found out that trainers like unlimited nos should exist in online gameplay. And you just said that he was fast on the straights eh... :roll: ???

There are guys that make 37 in atlantica without NOS offline. The 36 lap probably is when he used the NOS. The 38 are just normal ones.

Return to “Underground”