The RX7

2003 Need for Speed Underground
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

dreadxx9 wrote:man i started this topic and have only posted on it bout 4 times including now it started off bout how to handle the rx7 then went on to which is the best car then onto how to firetruck drift and how to balance a drift car in upgrades
Take a stock RX7, give it level 3 brakes and level 1 suspension, works pretty well for me.

An extra note to anyone who's ever said it (not neccesarily the poster), but there isn't any 'balancing' to be done in NFSU. There's no adjusting the stiffness of the springs, no rebound or compression dampeners, no toe in, no camber, no height adjustment, just a generic level 1, 2, or 3 suspension that come balanced to begin with.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

yep i hope they changed that in NFSU2
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

We know that, but changing the level of upgrades is the closest we can get to "Balancing" in NFSU, in games like GT3 I however balance using suspension settings.
If you noticed, the suspension in NFSU got diffrent setting according to level which they are applied.
So you need to find the balance for drifting, but the most important factor, make it fit your skills.
koippa
Ricer
Ricer

Re: The RX7

Post by koippa »

Ive been drifting with different cars alot..have been trying RX7 on underground mode at challenge 85 on drift track 6,and another profile near the end ar drift track 8..But just cant unlock that bloody magazine...does it have to be done on underground mode..And in one lap...Its either my car goes light speed or makes circles...If any one has the settings what they used to acquire that drift score magazine,I would be grateful..
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

koippa wrote:Ive been drifting with different cars alot..have been trying RX7 on underground mode at challenge 85 on drift track 6,and another profile near the end ar drift track 8..But just cant unlock that bloody magazine...does it have to be done on underground mode..And in one lap...Its either my car goes light speed or makes circles...If any one has the settings what they used to acquire that drift score magazine,I would be grateful..
Epic Thread Revival - Achievement UNLOCKED!
koippa
Ricer
Ricer

Post by koippa »

Oh yeah...You are right almost six years old thread..But I havent really found help anywhere.Too old game I guess...In UG2 Drifting is so easy but this one..Well...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

koippa wrote:Oh yeah...You are right almost six years old thread..But I havent really found help anywhere.Too old game I guess...In UG2 Drifting is so easy but this one..Well...
not really easy to get help on Underground these days, and actually with the right skills you can spin out with any car.
about the RX-7, now that the thread is revived, if you spin out while taking a corner it means you accelerated+steered left/right for too long. you can't do that for too long with the RX-7 or it will just randomly spin out, i've had it happen a few times too and it was without the help of pavement.
koippa
Ricer
Ricer

Post by koippa »

I noticed that,and now Im on near the end again.I have taken TJs Engine,Ecu and turbo.And the remaining attemps are 104 and 108,both drift drag 8..And 190709 to beat in one lap..I think the problem is also Turbo...I dont know..I have had this game before but I cant remember did I get that magazine...I have done this far in Hard difficulty(few resets..cough..)to keep Overall win to 100%..Basically I wouldnt care what I use..And the videos Ive seen hasnt been helpful,nobody tells their settings....
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Basically half the stuff needs to be lvl 2 for the RX. No need to go higher, but as a drifter the Miata (MX-5) is a better car IMO. I like the RX but it's very very twitchy. One minute you get 300K drift's, the next you get 20K drifts. Just keep playing with the settings and you'll find one that works.

Return to “Underground”