the Movie Topic (post your car movies here)

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

the engine in tht car would have fuel injection and all the gas pedal does is open the butterfly valve more to allow more air into the engine and the computer in turn would tell the injectors to inject more fuel, when the gas pedal isnt pressed the valve is only open slightly and the injectors are still supplying small amounts of fuel,........ so yeah what darknight said :lol: and ive started in gear before
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Ohhhh God!!!
butterfly valve doesn't have any conection with air!!!!
It determes how many fuel will go trough and yeah ti sends data to computer wich inject fuel.
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

butterfly valve has everything to do with the air, its in the throttle body and controls the airflow into the engine, only on a carburettor engine does it control both air and fuel and even then its a needle valve which controls fuel flow into the venturi
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

maybe you cant start a little pissin car in gear but a car like that with a starter for a v8, that starter will make that car move. going back to the movie i still think he started it and then didnt know what he was doing after he started it. he didnt know the first thing on how to drive a clutch. some cars / trucks dont have to have the clutch pushed in to start and some do. a new car like that im willing to bet has to have the clutch pushed in to start. so he started it and then once he started it he let go of the clutch b/c he didnt know what he was doing and therefor the car rolled forward
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

yeah Id say that
Last edited by RSZETEC on 18 Nov 2006, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Well if he did let the clutch go car would die and it wull turn off coz like RSZETEC says the buterfly valve didn't gave the computer sighn to let more fuel into engine!!!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

why would it die if he strated it and let the clutch go in gear
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Die= Turn off!!!!
I explaniend why!! Read dude just read!!

I see that you don't have a clue about cars! :wink:
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

not nesciarily(sp?)that car will have enough low down torque to pull an oak tree from the ground, only a small engined car will stall, mine even keeps going and its only 1600cc, but i still think it was in gear when he started
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Only Diesel engines can move in gear while releasing the clutch but you have to do that really slowly or it will turn off!
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

clearly you dont have a clue about cars and clutches. he HAS to depress the clutch to start it ok. the car is parked in first gear ok. he starts it with the clutch depressed ok. engine starts right up ok. all of a sudden he lets the clutch go in gear and guess what happens ? yep the car rolls forward and the car doesnt die until it goes through the wall. that is as far as i can dumb it down
EDIT--- that thing has plenty of low end torque 470 ft lbs i believe. ha that more than some diesels
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Well I'm talking about moving from the place! If he did depress clutch without pressing the gas pedal car would turn off!!!!!! You MUST press gas pedal if you wana depress clutch and make car move form place!
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

Take it from someone whos worked on cars for about 5 years and has a qualification in motor vehicle engineering, you can start a car without pressing any pedals and t can move off withou any gas as long as it has enough torque, i know from personal experience, im not arguing just trying to sort out fact from myth, and in the end he shouldnt have given the kid the keys in the first place
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Cars with more ccm and HP requests slower releasing clucth pedal and faster pressing gas pedal. If you have drived a car with 60HP and a car with 250HP you would feel the diference! Dunno if you did coz I don't know if you have licence!
A car with 60HP like Å koda Favorit CAN move from the place with only depressing the clutch but stronger cars like Golf GTI can't, they simply start to shaking and turn off!

Edit: This was going to Dark!
Last edited by Kid Cro on 18 Nov 2006, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Kid Cro wrote:Only Diesel engines can move in gear while releasing the clutch but you have to do that really slowly or it will turn off!
*sigh*

It's not like there's a clear line between diesels and gasoline engines when it comes to rolling without actually pressing the gas pedal. All you need is a good amount of torque.

I can't even trust you because you said butterfly valves didn't have any connection with air intake. :roll:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

WRONG !!!!!!!!!!! i dont know what kind of cars your thinking about. yea with the pewny 4 cyl engines you have to give it some gas but with a supercharged v8 making 500 hp and 470 ft lbs of torque no it will just roll forward. ive driven corvettes with less power and they do the same thing
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

my car gfs car has 1300cc 50hp motor and stalls if you lift up the clutch too fast it stalls, mine has 1600cc and about 130bhp(never been on rollers) and mine i can just lift up the clutch witout any throttle and it just goes(not very fast but still goes)
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

I dunno for those cars I'm talking about everyday street cars! And I can garantee for Golf 4 GTI wich I had! :wink:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

everyday street cars now huh, well my gf has a 1996 chevy cavalier with a 2.2L I4 with a 5 spd and i dont have to give it gas when taking off from 1st. and that car is about as everyday as you can get around here
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

was it turbocharged?
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Yeah mine also goes slowly but if I release cluctch totaly it will stall!
I must keep it pressed a litlle to keep car moving!
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

yes exactly !!!! and i bet that your car doesnt have as much torque as that shelby does in the video and that is why in that car you can just let off the clutch right away and it will still go
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

especially if its supercharged as the power is avaliable straight away, if it was turbo, the combination of turbo lag and the low compression would take away all the low down power
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Maybe you're right, I realy dunno but I'm sure that my car have less torque that that shelby! In fact I own Golf3 VR6!
But still I don't know how the hell he could start that fast!! :S
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

it is a 5.4L supercharged v8 good for 500 hp

Return to “The Cars”