How did you get into cars

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
flatblacksleeper
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

How did you get into cars

Post by flatblacksleeper »

Just wondering here, i got into cars about 5 months ago, have learned a lot since, I really did not want to get a import till i started to learn about them, how id you guys get into cars, thought it would be a interesting conversation.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

I think I got into cars after the first time I went to see F1, when I was a little kid. I still remeber seeing Ayrton Senna go past me on a scooter after he DNF.

Ever since then I watch a lot of racing and read car magazines etc.
That's how I learn most of my stuff.
VPNeverLoser
Drift King
Drift King

Post by VPNeverLoser »

well when my brother was really young, maybe 9, dad bought him grand theft auto 1 and then i saw him playing and i started playing. Since there's so many cars in GTA, i got into them, especially the fast ones. Then the 2nd and 3rd and vice city came out....and all of those NFS games that i played made me like cars so much. But NFSU made me like cars even more :D now the second one will come out.... :P
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

When I started playing NFS High Stakes... :)
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

My brothers told me I loved cars already when I was very young.. I had most of the car brands and types in my head.~_~

Also, I have a need for speed, I want to go fast.^_^
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

well, I think it all started when I went the first time on my daddy's Peugeot 205 Rallye....its sound was so exciting that I suddenly felt in love...from that moment I've loved cars like a maniac :D
I think I was just 5, or something like that...I don't remember well when, I only remember that fantastic motor sound 8)
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Well I have always liked cars.

When I was 2-3years old I played with little cars and that. Later (5-6years old) I collected some RC cars, I had a red monster truck my german uncle bought me, it was a very expensive 'toy'. Also some cheap ones, and my favorite: a yellow buggie model from Nikko... I have no clue where it is now :( I used to play with them all the time. I had to recharge each night the batteries to be able to play the next day :D

Oh yellow buggie where are you now?? :cry: :cry:
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

I got into cars when my dad bought a Jeep Wrangler (YJ). It was an camel green. Since then I was only into Jeeps. But as I got older I got into other cars. :) Now people call me the dude who loves cars :oops: :lol:
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I ran into 3 people, one of them was a computer guy who knew all about watercooling, so after a while we started talking cars, and I was in stage 1, not so much hooked.
Then I met this guy who was a track racer, we started talking abit about cars.
Sadly he came a bit late, everyone came a bit late, I was offered a car that I really liked as my first car, but I turned down my dads offer since I wasn't that interrested in engines back then :(

Today I regret it, well since those days I have met other people, learned about rotary engines, heck I know rotaries more than a piston engine, I learned what a camshaft was for like 3 months ago ;)
But I allready knew how a rotary worked ;) and every part of it.
Scotty_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Scotty_ »

I started to become interested in cars when i was like 8 or 9, my dad builds edge racing buggies so i liked to help him build engines. I started to play my dads racing games like the grand turismo series etc, so that really got me into cars and then when i played NFSU i got interesed in turing ricers and stuff but i still love european sports cars and Blown v8 etc.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Always been interested, but when I was 14, my brother bought an RX7. Thats when i really started to learn how cars worked, how to tune etc. Since then, been going to drag events every year to learn things from all the top tuners.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
jobo9
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jobo9 »

I've been interested for all my live...
But since NFS3, Hot persuit I really started to get interested in racing etc.
Since Underground i'm crazed of tuning :P
GSR2000Civic
Ricer
Ricer

Post by GSR2000Civic »

When Gran Turismo Came Out For Playstation... Started Playing With All These Cars I Had Never Heard Of.. I Had No Clue Wut A Supra Wuz... I Live In Florida And I Still See One Like...2 Times A Month
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

when i first watched the jackie chan movie "thunderbolt" hence my nickname as well. :D
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Is that the movie where he is driving the Evo while he is handcuffed?
And then he drives it down stairs and stuff but the car shows no signs of damage.
Is that it?
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

uhh, i dont think so, he does a bit of track and street racing in it so he can help the police arrest this illegal racer on the hong kong streets. i think he does drive an evo on track races though. i forgot wat he drove on street.
nightrider
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nightrider »

since i was born. lol. i always enjoyed playing with my hotwheels when i was a kid.
Dr-CiviC
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Dr-CiviC »

my bros used 2 take me 2 the races as a kid and i really started 2 notice cars then :)
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

High stakes was by biggest addiction ever! My friend played it split-screen so much! I loved the "Rocky Ridge" level... of some other one it had a desert scene to it...
f360spyda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by f360spyda »

my friend bought a pulsing neon for his SUV a while ago n he showed me n im like "HooooLY CRAP" so i guess that made me ricer-ish
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

I always liked cars too. I fancied them but since i moved up north, more racers are here and they inspired me to be a racer too ^,^
Crazy nfsu2 kid
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Crazy nfsu2 kid »

I got in to cars when ( this may scare some of you) when I watched the fast and the furious :cry:
flatblacksleeper
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flatblacksleeper »

Crazy, as long as you dont talk about Motech exhause andmake cars like them thats cool in my book :P , as long as we all learn lessons from that movie
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

when i was abot 12. i cant remember wat sparked it. probebly my dad
fastfo0dguy
Stock
Stock

Post by fastfo0dguy »

when i was like 11 (6 years ago) my best freinds older brother had a crx and i loved it and i really got into to street racing and i finnally turned 16 like a year and a half ago and i got a rx-7 wich i had wanted since 7nth grade and now look at it (my sig) not done with it yet though.

Return to “General Discussion”